Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2010, 4:38 pm

I was offered a Be my Guest or 50k Points. After reading this thread, I think I'm taking the 50k. Points won't expire as long as there is some sort of activity. Points are good world wide on almost any property. 50k can almost get you a Waldorf with a VIP multi night stay.
Old May 13, 2011, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
About to use my BMG (received after a very bad experience - don't ask). I know as repeatedly confirmed by many on this thread that the certificate is valid for standard room only so booked one (flex rate) for a date in two weeks. However, is the BMG compatible with e-standby upgrades? i.e. could I select the e-stanby upgrade, check in with my certificate and only pay the upgrade cost at check in? Many thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:01 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, AA ExecPlat
I have a few "BE MY GUEST CERTIFICATE" from Hilton Worldwide expiring soon and I'm getting mixed info from Hilton Honors, the hotel I'm trying to book at, and from customer service. The customer service didn't know what it was so she transferred me to the diamond desk. The diamond desk said there were several different types of "BE MY GUEST CERTIFICATE" and that she would have to transfer me to corporate. I offered each time to give them the cert no but I think they were trying to push it off to the next person, go figure for Hilton. I called the Conrad hotel in Bangkok if this cert was accepted. Front desk manager said it's only valid in the States, but explained to him that the cert said "at any Hilton Hotel Worldwide." So if anyone has experience using "BE MY GUEST CERTIFICATE" please let me know how I'm I suppose to redeem the Cert.

There is no restrictions on the back but it says value is 1 standard room.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by TheFlyingPapaya
I have a few "BE MY GUEST CERTIFICATE" from Hilton Worldwide expiring soon and I'm getting mixed info from Hilton Honors, the hotel I'm trying to book at, and from customer service. The customer service didn't know what it was so she transferred me to the diamond desk. The diamond desk said there were several different types of "BE MY GUEST CERTIFICATE" and that she would have to transfer me to corporate. I offered each time to give them the cert no but I think they were trying to push it off to the next person, go figure for Hilton. I called the Conrad hotel in Bangkok if this cert was accepted. Front desk manager said it's only valid in the States, but explained to him that the cert said "at any Hilton Hotel Worldwide." So if anyone has experience using "BE MY GUEST CERTIFICATE" please let me know how I'm I suppose to redeem the Cert.

There is no restrictions on the back but it says value is 1 standard room.
I have used one of these already, and have 2 more to use. You just need to book a regular room at standard rate, and give this to the hotel at checkin. They then recharge the full rate to corporate.

I tried to use one in the Waldorf Astoria, but was refused as it is not a 'Hilton'. Used it in Tel Aviv in the end. I am not sure you'd be able to use it in the Conrad, as that isn't in the Hilton 'brand' - I think you can only use it at a Hilton or 'less' - eg Hampton, Doubletree.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i just got 2 bmg certificates yesterday....the guest assistant manager i was dealing with sent me an email stating:

To use your certificates, simply confirm a reservation at a standard accommodation, that is not a prepaid rate and present your certificate at check in
so i guess people should be vary of a prepaid rate as you may not be able to use the certificate in such a scenario....
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:55 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I have one of these which says for use at doubletree only; I was told to book a standard room no breakfast
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I just used an Embassy Suites BMG certificate. I booked the room through the Diamond desk.

I got points based on a 50 cent charge for a phone call I never made (never picked up the phone.) And I got the 1000 points Diamond choice benefit, but no points based on the room rate.

I don't think the hotel handled the certificate properly, but I got a stay credit so I don't think I will bother about trying to get the other points. Especially since that ES is excluded from the Q3 promo.

David
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:45 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Keyser
so i guess people should be vary of a prepaid rate as you may not be able to use the certificate in such a scenario....
I'm not quite understanding why one would even consider booking a pre-paid rate when you have a certificate to pay for the room with?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I'm not quite understanding why one would even consider booking a pre-paid rate when you have a certificate to pay for the room with?
i'm not saying they would....i just posted the info i was sent....
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:07 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Be My Guest Cert - T&C's

I am due to receive a 'Be My Guest' certificate from Customer Services and I was wondering how these work. I have a couple of queries below and if anyone could assist it would be very much appreciated.

1) What timeframe are these valid for from date of issue? 6 months? One year?

2) Are there any restrictions on these? I was hoping to use at Cat7 property.

Thanks

Moore1984
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:25 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ht=Be+my+guest
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Apologies. Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 12:25 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Has anyone been successful on exchanging the BMG for 50,000 pts?

BMG I got 2 years ago is going to expire this October and somehow I always thought there is going to be more expensive stay / opportunity to use it for. But it wasn't. It actually was but I found it very cumbersome to mix certificates with points for rewards and the Diamond desk was not helpful in such case.

Last edited by stiwi; Oct 2, 2011 at 12:33 am
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:10 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
using BMG in Amsterdam - only deluxe rooms...

I have used a couple of these already, without problem (although I have found it worthwhile explaining at checkin that you plan to use it to pay, so they have a few hours to check with corporate what the he!! they're supposed to do with it ).

Now want to use one at the Hilton Amsterdam, but the lowest category of room they have is deluxe... BMG is only good for a standard room

Anyone have experience of similar situation? I know that in the end I should call the hotel, but I already know that's going to be one long and confused/confusing call...

thx
Old Oct 11, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, IHG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I have used a couple of these already, without problem (although I have found it worthwhile explaining at checkin that you plan to use it to pay, so they have a few hours to check with corporate what the he!! they're supposed to do with it ).

Now want to use one at the Hilton Amsterdam, but the lowest category of room they have is deluxe... BMG is only good for a standard room

Anyone have experience of similar situation? I know that in the end I should call the hotel, but I already know that's going to be one long and confused/confusing call...

thx
Is that the lowest they ever have on any given day? If so, I would call that their standard..

I used one on a room with a view once, as they were sold out of the lowest standard room, and they weren't phased and it was fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.