Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:55 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by MattEvan
I have been issued ~50 BOG certs and all came from Hilton corporate.

to the best of my knowledge, properties can’t generate these instruments.

They take about 30 days to generate and mail.
gosh I think I’ve had 8 or 10 in 23 years of being a diamond
I’m surprised they haven’t locked you out of the program depending how often
Remember one Diamond (Karen) I read about who had 50 to 60 some odd stays and got refunds and be my guest certs on every stay but then got the hard boot and had her account closed for life permanently
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I have two from Amex offers, trying to figure out the best US hotel to stay at for a long weekend in November. My initial thoughts are WA las vegas, boulders in Scottsdale, WA Chicago any other places to consider. just me and the wife on a weekend getaway.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by MattEvan
I have been issued ~50 BOG certs and all came from Hilton corporate.

to the best of my knowledge, properties can’t generate these instruments.

They take about 30 days to generate and mail.
How long have you received these certificates for? Are you talking over the past 20-30 years?

What percent of your stays result in a BOG certificate being generated?
DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I've had about 5 of these over the past 15y or so - always sent via courier from Hilton Corporate as effectively cash, I've never had them direct from a property.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Thank you for the responses. This is my 3rd certificate in around 980 nights (close to lifetime Diamond)

All three are from the same property, but the first two were issued by the property though that is at least 12 years ago.

Thanks again,

David
Old Nov 22, 2022, 8:18 pm

Hello,

I have BMG cert that starts with HL. I tried to book a room in Conrad and the agent told that it was brand specific and I could not do that. I then did a HUCA and the other agent told me that I could use it for any property worldwide, regardless of the brand. I asked him probably 5 times if he was sure and he said he was. He even said he would put a note in my reservation at Conrad that he booked it for me to be used with a Cert. I am now reading all the forums and sounds like the first agent might have been right? How much risk would be to bank on what the second agent said and worst case scenario have them pull up call recordings if the hotel gives me a push back. Did anyone have anything similar in their experience?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Bagira
Hello,

I have BMG cert that starts with HL. I tried to book a room in Conrad and the agent told that it was brand specific and I could not do that. I then did a HUCA and the other agent told me that I could use it for any property worldwide, regardless of the brand. I asked him probably 5 times if he was sure and he said he was. He even said he would put a note in my reservation at Conrad that he booked it for me to be used with a Cert. I am now reading all the forums and sounds like the first agent might have been right? How much risk would be to bank on what the second agent said and worst case scenario have them pull up call recordings if the hotel gives me a push back. Did anyone have anything similar in their experience?
Usually the BMG is attached to a letter that clearly states for which brand the certificate is valid. It is also reported on the certificate itself.
BMG will then be validated at the property during check in, there is no need to present or mention it during the booking process, any flexible rate booked will be fine. The hotel will then charge corporate.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 1:51 pm

I did not get the letter... Or I did not retain it, just the cert. That's the thing - it's number starts with HL which is my understanding is Hilton only, but the rep on the phone insisted that it could be used at any brand including Conrad where he made reservation. I would LOVE to use this cert at this property. The question is if it is truly brand specific and things would go wrong at checkin/checkout, can I rely on referencing the Hilton phone rep promises?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Bagira
I did not get the letter... Or I did not retain it, just the cert. That's the thing - it's number starts with HL which is my understanding is Hilton only, but the rep on the phone insisted that it could be used at any brand including Conrad where he made reservation. I would LOVE to use this cert at this property. The question is if it is truly brand specific and things would go wrong at checkin/checkout, can I rely on referencing the Hilton phone rep promises?
Usually BMG are brand specific.
Did you receive it because of any issue experienced at a Hilton Brand property?
I would suggest: have a look just below the recipient name printed on it. You will see a wording such as "Redeem this certificate for one night of complimentary lodging (standard room and tax only) at any XXXXX worldwide" where XXXXX is the brand for which the certificate has been issued.
If it is not Conrad, it is unlikely any Conrad property will accept it.
I advise to doublecheck with the property to avoid having it rejected at check in.
I would not rely on any phone conversation with any agent as in this case it is a paper certificate that is in your possession..
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by MP001; Nov 23, 2022 at 2:43 pm
Old Nov 29, 2022, 9:46 pm

Decided not to take the risk, called again and the next rep confirmed indeed that I could not use my cert and the reservation was made in error. She was able to offer an extension due to that mess so I guess it is a semi-win for me
MP001 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
My certificate did arrive a few weeks back. I remember clearly that my previous certificates had Embassy Suites logos.

This one just has a Hilton logo. The letter tells me to make my reservation at a "All Brands" property. Number starts with HP.

The certificate says "Redeem this certificate for one night of complimentary lodging (Standard room and tax only) at any Hotel within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands.

Nice!

David

Last edited by DiverDave; Dec 3, 2022 at 7:56 am
Old Jan 4, 2023, 11:47 am

Just received mine from a stay at the Waldorf Chicago where there was no hot water or heat for a day. It is brand specific. Our stay was 11/12 and I received the certificate 1/3. It expires in December.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have a Be My Guest certificate - can I book via a virtuoso agent, or does it have to be direct on hilton.com?
Old Feb 13, 2024, 3:20 pm

Programs: Delta SM Million Miler | Miles & More | Bonvoy Gold | HHonors Diamond | AMEX Centurion | PC Platinum
Honest question

I read the thread carefully and miss a crutial economic answer and still just wonder: does anyone have an idea how much the ofending property pay for a single certificate to Corporation?
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:58 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I am looking at a property for a BMG redemption and see two classes of rooms that could be booked for standard awards for the same amount of points but the cash price is different. Is there any danger of booking a room with the higher cash price and having it not being considered covered as a standard room under the BMG cert rules?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.