Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2004, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by bbbb
Does anyone know if I will get the points for the rate booked when paying with a Hilton be our guest cert from a bad stay?Or should I take the miles?
I got all the points from this stay for the rate I booked.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 8:21 pm

Programs: United 1k - Hilton Diamond
Be My Guest Cert Question

I got a Hilton Be my guest Cert that basiclly says good for one free night stay. Got this as a freebie from Hilton customer service.

So this has no instructions on how to use. Do I just book at any hilton (Except list on back of Cert) and when it comes time for checkin or bill pay turn it in?

Can I book a sweet one night at a good property and use it?
Old Nov 22, 2005, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Originally Posted by maltman1
Yes, Just book a "Standard Room" I used hilton.com. And off you go. I used it at for a special rate, that came with goodies, and the hotel was fine with it. Book whatever you want then i'd call and get them to confirm you can use it for that. Perhaps the Romance package? Double HH points? See what they sa.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 3:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, UA silver, Hertz PC
How did you get this cert?
Old Nov 23, 2005, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Originally Posted by rickc
Chain of events at the NY hilton

Event one. Reserve non-smoking room, asked if smoking room would be ok. I said i guess and went to the room.

Event two. Went to said smoking room, found man smoking IN room. Went back to desk, informed desk room was TOO smokey.(if you know what i mean)

Event three. Provided access to Exec lounge for free breakfast to compensate for my troublmes. But arrived at lounge and told to get out, i refused, was charged $16.

Event four. As checking out had the $14 taken off my account plus a random snack bar item i didn't take.

Event five. All thru the stay fighting thru crows of Gauckers(sic) who had growded the lobby as the WWF was staying in hotel.

Event six. Talked to HHonors, they apoligized sent a nice Be my Guest Certificate. Used at hilton Other than Hilton NY.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by maltman1
I got a Hilton Be my guest Cert that basiclly says good for one free night stay. Got this as a freebie from Hilton customer service.

So this has no instructions on how to use. Do I just book at any hilton (Except list on back of Cert) and when it comes time for checkin or bill pay turn it in?

WE also recieved one, when I used it I was told to book on Hilton.com make a normal reservation and when you get to the hotel give them the certificate.
Look on the back there is a list of properties where it cannot be used.

You receive stay credit and points for the rate. However the bill you receive will show confidential rate , and you have to ask for a bill if you have no other charges as they do not give you one.

I was told not to call the hotel ahead of time, as most are not familar with the certificate and confuse them with other awards. The hotel will probably tell you you do not get points but you do. It is treated as a paid stay.

In response to the person wh asked how did you get one? WE contacted Guest Assistance about a terrible experience we had, the hotel never responded and as a result Guest Assistance issued us a Be My Guest Certificate. I would have preferred to have not experienced the TERRIBLE stay, but the certificate helped us feel Hilton cared.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 8:19 pm

Programs: United 1k - Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rickc
Hilton Rockside Rd in Cleveland royaly screwed up and the manager basiclly told me tough Sh*t, so wrote customer service and was offered this as a SORRY. ^
Old Apr 20, 2006, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
"Be My Guest" Certificate Questions

I know there is another thread on the subject, but I cannot call it up because search is not working properly at the moment.

For those using a "Be My Guest" certificate recently:

1. When did you first notify the hotel that you were using the certificate (at time of reservation, at time of check-in, or at time of check-out)?

2. Did you receive both night and point credit when you used the certificate (points for the value of the room and not just for incidentals)?

3. If I am named on the certificate, is it possible to give it to someone else in my traveling party to use (in case, the answer to #2 above is "points are not earned for the use of the certificate")?
Old Apr 20, 2006, 3:02 pm

It was suggested to me by guest assistance that I book my room on line normally and then when I check in give them The Be My Guest Certificate. The reason for this is that otherwise they think it is an award night which it is not. So that is what I did and it worked fine.

I chose a double points rate for Hilton Times Square and I got all the points for the stay just like I had paid the rate I booked, including the double points.

The be my guest certificate is not transferable, you are the one that has to use it.

Enjoy it and try to maximize its value.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 8:38 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Strange it was explained to me by HH that using these certs earned no stay credit,points or miles!
Old Apr 20, 2006, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Strange it was explained to me by HH that using these certs earned no stay credit,points or miles!
I called Hilton Diamond line last week to book Saturday night at the Hilton PSP using the Be My Guest because the revenue rate was more than $300/night. The lady told that she booked the hotel using the cert but I would be charged the prevailing non refundable rate that would be credited at the time of check in.

At the check in they weren't aware of this arrangement but it did not take too long for them to sort it out.

When checking in the folio later on the website it had the following info "hidden" on the second page:

04/xx/06 xxxxxxx GUEST ROOM EXEMPT $295.00
04/xx/06 xxxxxxx OCCUPANCY TAX $39.97
04/xx/06 xxxxxxx DIRECT BILL-HILTON GUEST ASSISTANCE DEPT. ($334.97)

My stay posted as qualifying with all points and double dips.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound

I got points and stay credit when I used one. I just booked a room online and gave them the cert when I checked in.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:02 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by holtju2
I called Hilton Diamond line last week to book Saturday night at the Hilton PSP using the Be My Guest because the revenue rate was more than $300/night. The lady told that she booked the hotel using the cert but I would be charged the prevailing non refundable rate that would be credited at the time of check in.

At the check in they weren't aware of this arrangement but it did not take too long for them to sort it out.

When checking in the folio later on the website it had the following info "hidden" on the second page:

04/xx/06 xxxxxxx GUEST ROOM EXEMPT $295.00
04/xx/06 xxxxxxx OCCUPANCY TAX $39.97
04/xx/06 xxxxxxx DIRECT BILL-HILTON GUEST ASSISTANCE DEPT. ($334.97)

My stay posted as qualifying with all points and double dips.

^ ^ ^ Thanks for the heads up.That info came from two individuals at the Diamond Desk
Despite a number of training issues recently.I am a pro Hilton guy ^
And that exceptional agent Cynthia on FT just earned them many thousands of dollars more of my revenue this year.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:56 am

Be My Guest Cert Question ...

i know this was already covered, but i had a few more questions

i have a doubletree be my guest certificate after horible stay resulting in physical pain!, but anyway my question is would i be able to use this at any hilton hotel, or only a doubletree.

question two,
i know its for a standard room, but if i'm staying at a Doubletree suites hotel then i'm guessing it works for the standard suite correct?

question three
would i be able to book a Special Standard room that includes goodies, ie romance, dbl points, etc. and if so, what is the maximium value of this certificate? $300?

i'm going to stay at the Doubletree times square, i so deserve more after this incident, but 99% of the time i am happy with the stay. So i'm going to atleast milk this certificate for all it's worth.

also will i get credit for this stay? i'm gold now and only need a handful more to become diamond

-thanks
Mike
Old Jun 27, 2006, 9:29 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Question 1 - What does is say on the cert? I "think" they are usually only good at the chain you had the problem with....I have only gotten one and it was with Hampton Inn and my cert specifically stated it had to be used at Hampton Inn.

Question 2 - Whatever a standard room is at that property....so if it is an all suite property then a standard room would be a suite.

Question 3 - No, that would not be a standard room/booking so you can get the honeymoon plan, only standard room.

I got points and stay credit for my stay that included the cert but I was told by the Diamond Desk that I would not get points for the night the cert covered but I did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.