FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread
Old Mar 19, 2008, 12:58 pm
HiltonGuy

Do Not Call Hhonors For The Card!

Originally Posted by nsr
I might not be able to use my cert before it expires. Is it worth trying to call HH and extend it by another 2 months? Does any of you have experience in doing so?

any info will be appreciated, thanks
HHonors has nothing to do with the Be My Guest card. Guest Assistance issues, monitors, and reimburses the hotels for their use. Call GA and ask for an extension. The rule [I]used[I] to be that they would extend a card once but after that one time, you are out of luck. Also, I noticed that somebody else said you could use a Hilton card at a Conrad. That is NOT correct. There's no such thing as a Conrad Be My Guest card (yet). The only way to get a different brand's card honored at a different brand than what it was issued for is to have prior ok from someone up the ladder in Guest Assistance (a Supervisor or Manager would probably be the one to give that approval). I wouldn't show up at a Conrad just assuming they would accept it without calling GA first. Allow them some time (at least a couple of days to come to a decision). An agreement has to be made between GA & the hotel to accept the card and for the hotel to be reimbursed for it. With that said, there IS somewhat of an exception: Using a "higher" brand's card at a "lower" brand i.e. using a Hilton card at a Hampton. Usually, there is no problem with a Hampton accepting an Embassy, Homewood, Hilton, or Doubletree card. Reason being is that those cards cost more.

BMG's are good for Standard rooms only and cover room and room taxes only. Be prepared to pay the difference in rate between a Standard and Upgraded room if you request one.