Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2011, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does the happy hour in the lounge end at 8.30pm or 11pm? Just wondering if I will be able to have a glass of wine or beer if I arrive in the lounge around 10pm or so?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 1:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I have a stay coming up here next month and I sent the hotel a little email asking a simple request:

Good Evening,
I have a request about my upcoming reservation, confirmation number xxxx on December 10-11. Myself and my friend are meeting at CDG but we are arriving on separate flights. If mine gets delayed, is it possible to also add his name to the reservation so he could check in and get the room? His name is First Name Last Name. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thank You,
CMK10

I got back the following very amusing response:

Good morning Mr CMK10,

I thank you for your e-mail.

I confirm the check-in by Mr Last Name First Name on December the 10th .

Looking forward to welcoming you at the Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, I remain at your entire disposal for any further information.

Best regards,
xxxx
I don't think I've ever been at anyone's "Entire disposal" before. Now I'm excited!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Well Mr. JDiver wrote what may be the most comprehensive post about this hotel ever, but here's my stay report anyway!

December 10-11

Check-In: I had emailed the hotel previously and there was no problem for my friend to check in for us first. He was told we were upgraded to the Executive Floor and thanked for my loyalty as a HHonors Gold, how nice!

Room: Other than being on the top floor, our room was not much of an upgrade. We ended up with a handicap bathroom (complete with the dreaded no shower curtain) and it felt small and cramped. There were two beds with one separate chair and ottoman, a work area with desk and chair but annoyingly, a tiny closet which had no chest of drawers. Still, the TV was large and had a lot of channels and the beds were comfortable.

Other: The lounge is open 7 days a week and we headed there upon arrival. For the evening they had a decent alcohol selection and some nibbles and oddly, chicken wings and chicken nuggets (?) for the hotel option, which were understandably terrible. There was also a shared computer in the lounge and a great view of the runway. Breakfast at the lounge was better including decent eggs/sausage and bacon, good pastries, yogurt, juice and coffee.

The agents at the desk were very helpful with information on how to get to Paris and helpfully provided a map and sold us stamps. Incidentally, despite paying in cash for the stamps, they put it on the bill so I got 39 points! The airport shuttle also ran fairly frequently and they even [illegally] dropped me at T2E.

The rate was 30,000 points a night which seemed fair and I would pay that again. Some pictures of the room and lounge food follow.

Old Dec 14, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by CMK10
...The rate was 30,000 points a night which seemed fair and I would pay that again...
I'll say!

(And was that a liver that you were transporting? )

And I like your little friend on the arm of the chair. Didn't get that on my stay there.

And NB, not just to CMK10: I believe that I commented/complained some ways above that I got a room on a lower floor, and not on the Executive Level. In light of CMK's and others' comments here, my complaint was unfair. The room I was given, while lacking (only) in a view, definitely was an upgrade. Though not a suite, it was huge and everything wood was genuine inlaid. Beautiful appointments. And, as I had access to the lounge, I was not lacking. Oh, there was the one thing, the single twin bed in the middle of the room, rather balloon-topped with its pillow-top mattress and duvet, but it was very comfortable.

Last edited by Firewind; Dec 14, 2011 at 4:41 pm
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
I'll say!

(And was that a liver that you were transporting? )
Haha believe it or not that's a grocery bag filled with choice English candy (Lion Bars, Crunchies and Fruit Pastilles) my friend brought me from London! I wish I'd gotten the upgrade you mentioned by the way, that sounds quite nice.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
my wife & i will be flying into orly in the afternoon & leaving out of cdg the next morning....i'm debating between staying here or somewhere in the city....how convenient is it to get to all the tourist sites from this property????
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
my wife & i will be flying into orly in the afternoon & leaving out of cdg the next morning....i'm debating between staying here or somewhere in the city....how convenient is it to get to all the tourist sites from this property????
Unless you have an impossibly early flight out of CDG, I would stay in Paris. Geographically you have to go through Paris anyway on your way from ORY to CDG.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Koby
Unless you have an impossibly early flight out of CDG, I would stay in Paris. Geographically you have to go through Paris anyway on your way from ORY to CDG.
i did consider that....but my flight is at 8am, which means i have to be at the airport by 6am....due to this reason i'm tempted to stay near the airport....
Old Jan 3, 2012, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
i did consider that....but my flight is at 8am, which means i have to be at the airport by 6am....due to this reason i'm tempted to stay near the airport....
I'd definitely stay here. It's such an easy ride from the CDG RER station to Paris and while it is expensive (18,20 Euro Round Trip) it's quick and gets you to numerous spots by the sights. The last train leaves downtown around Midnight to head back to CDG which isn't bad either.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I second (third?) this, and it's what I do. Also gives you a shot at a quick bite in the lounge before heading over to the terminal, which can be vital, depending on how things go later -- unless you have an airport lounge privilege, which would diminish this advantage.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I'd definitely stay here. It's such an easy ride from the CDG RER station to Paris and while it is expensive (18,20 Euro Round Trip) it's quick and gets you to numerous spots by the sights. The last train leaves downtown around Midnight to head back to CDG which isn't bad either.
Originally Posted by Firewind
I second (third?) this, and it's what I do. Also gives you a shot at a quick bite in the lounge before heading over to the terminal, which can be vital, depending on how things go later -- unless you have an airport lounge privilege, which would diminish this advantage.
thank guys....this property it is then....i will have lounge access but the convenience of being close to the airport the morning of my flight is what matters to me most....given that its easy to get into the city from here is a definite plus....
Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:15 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I stayed here about 2 weeks ago. Property is actually quite well located even if you have to take the bus/RER down to Paris center as it is located next to the bus/RER terminal.

It is somewhat outdated in furnishing, but it is comfortable enough to sleep in.
My only complain is that the lounge in the morning was a bit tad colder than what I expect and the breakfast hot items were quite lukewarm. Other than that, quite a good spread. You have the option to have the breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant.

Only becareful if you print too many pages on the printer in the Exec. lounge. I accidentally printed a document of about 20 pages, and did get a comment from the lounge attendant who reminded me that the printer there is only for printing boarding passes!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I will have a suitcase and a carry on. Is it difficult to get on and off the shuttle and then get into the terminal with luggage? I will be coming in by car, but flying out on United. Not sure what terminal that will be.

My other option is the Sheraton, but have no status any more with Starwood.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JackieC2
I will have a suitcase and a carry on. Is it difficult to get on and off the shuttle and then get into the terminal with luggage? I will be coming in by car, but flying out on United. Not sure what terminal that will be.

My other option is the Sheraton, but have no status any more with Starwood.
Just stayed at Hilton CDG airport, they don't have shuttle service any more per Front Desk agents. I do still see shuttle bus in the drive way, probably only for airline crews.

Now need to take CDGVAL to go to terminals (think UA is at T1). It took me about 15 min to get to T1 from the hotel, probably about the same time as shuttle drop-off from before.
Old May 25, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by wendySFO
Just stayed at Hilton CDG airport, they don't have shuttle service any more per Front Desk agents. I do still see shuttle bus in the drive way, probably only for airline crews.
There is a shuttle and although it is officially supposed to only go to the TGV station, I got dropped at T2F no problem. It wont pick up anywhere else though.

Hotel itself is fine although a tad ostentatious as befits airport + Paris. $35 for a hot breakfast (well **** that!), I'll take the free sausage and egg on the 8th floor thank you - could be hotter though .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.