Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2000, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Has anyone ever stayed at the Sea-Tac Doubletree Hotel? Looking for any feedback.
Old Oct 16, 2000, 7:57 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Depends why you would stay there. If you're looking for Hilton points near SEA, it is your only choice.

It's a huge property that books lots of meetings/groups.

It's not my kind of place. Whenever I've checked prices, they're much higher than comparable nearby hotels.

Old Oct 16, 2000, 8:19 am
Original Poster

I'm actually just looking to sleep a few hours in the middle of an upcoming mileage run. I've secured an $18 rate on Priceline which is just fine with me! I'll only be there about six hours.
Old Oct 18, 2000, 12:02 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Congratulations! I thought $25.00 at LaQuinta was good across the strret. You go a great deal!
Old Oct 18, 2000, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I just successfully bid $32 on Priceline and THEN read the thread about $18 on Sheryl's board!

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Oct 18, 2000, 3:25 pm
Don

Doubletree by the mall is a terrific hotel -- huge atrium creates a good courtyard effect, and there's one side with a decent outside view of Ranier.
Shuttle and hotel service were good, and Outback provides room service. Can't ask for more.
Old Oct 18, 2000, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Don .. is this the airport DoubleTree you are referring to? Sounds too good for $32 to me to be true!

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Oct 19, 2000, 3:57 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I think what Don is referring to is the DT Guest Suites, a few miles away.

The DT airport is a fine hotel but old.

Good luck on an upgrade and getting HH points/miles.
Old Oct 20, 2000, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Stayed at this place some 5 years ago when it was a Red Lion. Forgot about it but it is almost right opposite the airport.

I just bid $25 and got it for a net of $34.58 which is way too much. Wish I read this first. If you have an AmEx card, they're providing a $20/night kicker (limit of 5 nights total).
http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif/cda/page/0,1641,2582,00.asp?pers_offerzone=t rav_hot_vaca

Wonder if I will get any Gold VIP benefits for this stay?

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 10-20-2000).]

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 10-20-2000).]

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 10-21-2000).]
Old Oct 20, 2000, 11:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
There are three Doubletree's by Seatac. The big Doubletree Hotel that use to be the Red Lion across the street from the airport. The old and original Doubletree Inn by Southcenter Mall and the Doubletree Guest Suites also by the mall.
Old Dec 8, 2001, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat, CO Nothing, SPG Gold
Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport

At the Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport have any Golds or Diamonds gotten upgraded to the Suite Tower? Also how far is the hotel to the Seattle - Tacoma International Airport?
Old Dec 8, 2001, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Diamond here and both stays was upgraded automatically to presidential suite (there's a few of them here).

Great room... only complaint is that furniture and equipment are very old and need replacement.

Carpet was worn too. Got the feeling that there was one too many parties going on in these rooms!

But I appreciated the auto upgrade.
Old Dec 8, 2001, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I've stayed there 3 times (Priceline stays). Upgraded to the tower the last 2x. Breakfast vouchers supplied all the time.
Old Dec 11, 2001, 7:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by terenz:
I've stayed there 3 times (Priceline stays). Upgraded to the tower the last 2x. Breakfast vouchers supplied all the time.</font>
Breakfast coupons, no upgrade. older property
They charge $12 per day for parking, avoided by using your room key at all entry and exit points to the parking lot. Do not mention that you have a rental to park and will not be charged.
Old Dec 16, 2001, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nwelite:
... Also how far is the hotel to the Seattle - Tacoma International Airport?</font>
The Doubletree is across the street and down a long block or so from an entrance to the airport. It takes only several minutes for the hotel shuttle to drop you off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.