Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: riced
Let's put this in a wiki post!
Please include: route; original class - new class; original price paid; final price; where the upgrade was obtained [via bid or at check-in]; month of flight.First Letter of your last name.
  • AUH-SYD and MEL-AUH, J-F both at $1250 AUD.
  • NRT-AUH Y-J $950USD or ¥110,000JPY offered at check in.
  • AUH-DEL AU$150
  • IST-AUH AU$400.
  • JFK-AUH Y-J US$1,400 at check-in.
  • JFK-AUH Y-J US$1,180.
  • AUH-JFK Y-J US$1,150 (March 2015).
  • JFK-AUH Y-J US$1,100 (April 2015)
  • AUH-GRU J-F AED2575 (€650; US$700) minimum upgrade bid accepted (April 2015)
  • SYD-AUH J-F A380 US$1,050 $50 above min bid. (October 2015)
Print Wikipost

Offered a paid upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by MinN12
Look at this link http://www.etihad.com/en-gb/before-y...rade-yourself/

it allows you so see whether your booking is eligible for upgrade, and gives you the amounts. Just choose 'select eligibility', and enter your booking reference + surname. good luck!

whoa, how far out can you real'y backdoor this?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:19 pm

You are very welcome, I was in your position a few months ago, so I hope this serves you well. The only thing I would love to know is whether the 'bids' are different than the offers presented from the email link. I have booked for August and I can already see the offers (so far off, well impressed!), so I wonder if the price options will be cheaper or more expensive as they sell more tickets, or as they struggle to sell them all off?

Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy
Dude, thanks so much - I've been worried about not getting this.

Can someone do a quick flight load check for me? I gave up on flyer expert after Delta dropped it. I put in bids for all of these.

EY102 March 26
EY604 March 28
EY603 April 6
EY101 April 7
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT P, IHG Diamond Amb
My bid of $1,230 p/p for 2 pax was accepted earlier this morning for the JFK-AUH flight Tuesday afternoon. Only downside is the 9W configuration but I'll take a good night's sleep.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by northshorepa
My bid of $1,230 p/p for 2 pax was accepted earlier this morning for the JFK-AUH flight Tuesday afternoon. Only downside is the 9W configuration but I'll take a good night's sleep.
For J to F or Y to J? I kind of prefer the Jet J class then the EY J.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:57 pm

I was able to snatch 2 RT tix from the Etihad price mistake in December flying DFW-AUH for April. I am mostly interested in getting an upgrade from AUH-DFW because my flight is in the morning and I will be awake for most of the plane ride. The airport instant upgrade seems a lot cheaper than online bidding process since the bidding starts at $1300 pp. Can I purchase the airport upgrade at DFW on the way to UAE or it has to be purchased in AUH? For some reason, I feel like it will be harder to get an upgrade from Abu Dhabi.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT P, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by onlysuites
For J to F or Y to J? I kind of prefer the Jet J class then the EY J.
Sorry, Y to J. I had snagged one of the Christmas Day fares and was more than happy with my bid price.

Unfortunately, both of my flights are on Jet so I won't be able to compare the soft and hard products.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by northshorepa
Sorry, Y to J. I had snagged one of the Christmas Day fares and was more than happy with my bid price.

Unfortunately, both of my flights are on Jet so I won't be able to compare the soft and hard products.
Soft is EY operated so you get the EY crew, catering and IFE. Hard I personally prefer the 77W seats on the Jet aircraft as roomier seats, both are fully flat but I like have my feet out in the open rather then a small hole under the seat in front.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Agent69
First time flyer with Etihad in a couple of weeks time (flying LHR - MNL business and KUL -LHR economy).

Does everyone get an upgrade e-mail, or is it just the chosen few? Does anyone know what the minimum upgrade offers might be?
7 days to departure and the upgrade e-mail arrived yesterday (offering J to F on the LHR - AUH leg and Y to J on the return). Then as if by magic I received another upgrade e-mail this morning. J to F has gone but the other 2 remain:

KUL to AUH (y to J) - minimum bid allowed £320

AUH to LHR (y to J) - minimum bid allowed £600
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:47 pm

Offered a paid upgrade

I was offered a paid upgrade starting at $1100 USD for JFK-AUH. I was planning on crediting my miles to ANA. If I get an upgrade, will I get miles based off a business fare from ANA? I am registered for double /triple miles from Etihad Guest so would I get triple miles and the standard base miles for business from Etihad? Trying to figure out what is best.

Also, anyone know what lounge is included at JFK?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:08 pm

Just declined GRU-AUH J-F upgrade offer at checkin for $700 usd. It was tempting but we are two and their J for a red-eye is just fine
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Declined a $300 paid upgrade for AUH-DEL to F last week at check-in only to be upgraded at boarding for free. ^

Excellent flight well worth the $300 extra next time.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Declined a $300 paid upgrade for AUH-DEL to F last week at check-in only to be upgraded at boarding for free. ^

Excellent flight well worth the $300 extra next time.
F or J?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:24 am

ORD-AUH Y Class to J Class. Minimum bid online $1190 USD. Didn't bid, traveling with 4 people.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Calcjr23
Offered:

MAN-AUH minimum bid US$750
AUH-NRT minimum bid US$600

Weird considering the latter segment is longer in duration yet cheaper.
Indeed. Currently AUH-NRT bid is running at USD 650 minimum and NRT-AUH USD 700 minimum. OP stating USD 950 for check-in upgrade, which seems to be higher than the minimum bid.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by nichojo
F or J?
...to F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.