Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eajusa
Applications suspended 11.13.2014 for a "couple weeks".

Harris Bank is now accepting applications for two new consumer Diners Club MasterCards. There is no new account bonus or annual fee waiver. This thread discusses the cards benefits and rewards. Please click HERE to discuss the application process.

Premier $95 annual fee, $35 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fee, Primary CDW, Airport lounge access, $1 = 1 point on all spending.

Elite $300 annual fee, $150 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fees, Primary CDW, Trip Cancellation / Interruption reimbursement, Airport lounge access, $1 = 3 points for grocery stores, supermarkets, drug stores, pharmacies and automobile fuel service stations when you pay at the pump, $1 = 1 point otherwise.

Diners Club Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners are discussed in THIS thread.

Many of the card travel benefits are listed in the Promotions section of the website.

A form to request cards for Authorized Users is HERE.
A form to setup Automatic Payments is HERE.

Differences between the legacy Professional cards and the new Consumer cards:
  • Card type. Professional = charge card; Consumer = credit card
  • Foreign transaction fees. Professional 3%; Consumer 0.
  • CDW vehicle value cap. Professional = $75,000 (Diners) or $100,000 (Carte Blanche); Consumer = $50,000
  • Other insurance. On cursory examination there appears to be differences in the carriers and terms of the other coverages. The Consumer coverages may be a standard package arranged by MasterCard, while the Professional coverages may be inherited from Citi. Someone would need to read carefully side-by-side to find the differences.

Mint.com and PersonalCapital.com does NOT currently work with this card however I have confirmed that they will add it once they receive at least 5 requests to do so. So, for those that have the card and use these sites please send a support ticket asking them to add "Diners Club International" at the URL: https://www.bmoharriscreditcards.com...sumer/Login.do . ^

Between the Consumer (personal), Professional (legacy), and Corporate Cards there are a variety of contacts for various needs:

Cardmember Customer Service
1-800-2-DINERS (1-800-234-6377)
Outside the US: 1-514-877-1577

Internet Help Desk
1-877-263-5018 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours a day)

Club Rewards
Customer Contact Center: 1-800-234-4034 (Mon-Sun, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET)

TTY Service for Hearing Impaired Customers

Professional and Consumer Cardmembers: 1-866-889-0889
Corporate Cardmembers (US and Canada): 1-866-859-2089
Corporate Cardmembers (Outside North America): 1-800-976-6037

Corporate Client Services: 1-800-964-9444 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)

Corporate Sales Group: 1-800-999-9093 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET)

Travel Management Companies
For inquiries and lead referrals please email [email protected]
or call 1-800-999-9093.

Payment Address

Diners Club Professional
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Diners Club Commercial / Corporate
P.O. Box 5732
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5732

Diners Club Consumer
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Overnight Payment Address
BancTec Inc.
2100 A Corporate Drive
Addison, IL 60101

Wire transfer payment information

Bank Name: BMO Harris Bank N.A.
Account #: 1982143000
Account Name: Diners Wire Payments
Address: 111 W. Monroe
Chicago, IL 60603
ABA: 071000288
Swift code: HATRUS44
Payable to: Harris/Diners Club (include name/account#)
Cutoff time is 2pm CT

Insurance - Inquiries and Claims
•MasterRental Coverage (Primary Collision Damage Waiver Coverage)
•Purchase Assurance and Extended Warranty
•Common Carrier Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
•Hotel/motel Burglary Coverage
•Travel Assistance Services
•Travel Accident Insurance
•Flight Delay Coverage
•Baggage Delay Coverage
•Lost or Damaged Luggage Coverage
•Master Assist
(US): 1-800-MC-ASSIST (1-800-622-7747)
(Outside the US): 636-722-7111 (collect); or en Español: 1-800-633-4466

RoadAssist Roadside Services
1-877-764-3576
(Outside the US): 904-636-3647 (collect)

Collections
Professional: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Corporate: 1-888-551-4667 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)
Consumer: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Print Wikipost

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by ketelone
Another data point.

Card got declined over the weekend of 14th. I knew a closure was coming most likely. waited for the statement to post. paid off the card (around 14k balance). called today asking if any hold on account. Was informed my card was closed on 18th. The website doesn't reflect any of that though (balance showing 0 but credit line full amount). Was informed I would receive a letter in the mail.

I had transferred out all my points anyways. Luckily I had only had the card since January and no annual fee was charged. Transferred out 51K points to Alaskan Airlines in 2 billing cycles . Not a heavy hitter like most you guys obviously but still happy.

Funny thing is I would gladly pay double the annual fee if they would keep the 3x running

Oh well !!

I am wondering if they will let me allow to apply for the $95 card now or am i banned for life !!
You probably will never receive the letter. I was tempted to file a complaint against them with the consumer credit protection bureau....just out of spite, but it's honestly not worth the effort. I'm busy MSing elsewhere.
Old May 5, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I was upset getting shutdown but I managed to earn over 200k points on it in 3 statements, which I needed for a big redemption later this year. Awesome while it lasted In hindsight 50k in one month probably wasn't the best idea if I wanted to keep the card going
Old May 6, 2015, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
I was upset getting shutdown but I managed to earn over 200k points on it in 3 statements, which I needed for a big redemption later this year. Awesome while it lasted In hindsight 50k in one month probably wasn't the best idea if I wanted to keep the card going
I tried relatively low and slow to make it last and got canned in the first round of closures so I think you did it the right way. My ONLY regret is I didn't hit it hard and fast. In the end I got out less than what I consider a decent signup bonus but on the bright side the hardpull was from TU so I don't really care.
Old May 7, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I plan to hold onto my card as it is my only chip and pin card.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:36 am

I admit that I have missed all the fun, but just because I am curious. I have a Professional Card and have had it since 1990 (at least, that's what it says on the card, but I think I got it before then )

Should I be concerned about them locking the account etc? I generally run a couple of grand a month on it and of course since it's a charge card it's always paid in full. I use it for work travel mainly.

Thanks!
Old May 14, 2015, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
I admit that I have missed all the fun, but just because I am curious. I have a Professional Card and have had it since 1990 (at least, that's what it says on the card, but I think I got it before then )

Should I be concerned about them locking the account etc? I generally run a couple of grand a month on it and of course since it's a charge card it's always paid in full. I use it for work travel mainly.

Thanks!
No. They are going after manufactured spending, primarily with the Elite card that offers 3 DC rewards points per dollar on grocery, gas, and drug store spend.

Last edited by eajusa; May 15, 2015 at 5:14 pm
Old May 14, 2015, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by eajusa
Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter

Thanks!

No. They are going manufactured spending, primarily with the Elite card that offers 3 DC rewards points per dollar on grocery, gas, and drug store spend.
Thanks. I mr ray really have gotten into the MS plan
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: UA 1K3MM, Marriot-Gold, HH-Gold, IHG-Pt, Amex-Pt, JPMorgan-Rsv
For me, as a former Carte Blanche holder, I'm attracted their new Consumer Elite card because of the real EMV chip & PIN, no ForEx fee and 3X bonus at drug stores & gas stations, plus WEMC benefits. These are perfect for the trips to Europe.
So I called the CSR couple of weeks ago, she said they will resume accepting the new application 'hopefully' by the end of this year... Hope the benefits and privileges remains the same or even better.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Jake256
For me, as a former Carte Blanche holder, I'm attracted their new Consumer Elite card because of the real EMV chip & PIN, no ForEx fee and 3X bonus at drug stores & gas stations, plus WEMC benefits. These are perfect for the trips to Europe.
So I called the CSR couple of weeks ago, she said they will resume accepting the new application 'hopefully' by the end of this year... Hope the benefits and privileges remains the same or even better.
That "hopefully" doesn't inspire too much confidence, but we'll see. Even though the AF's $300 it would be nice to apply for/PC to the Elite.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jake256
....So I called the CSR couple of weeks ago, she said they will resume accepting the new application 'hopefully' by the end of this year.....
Sounds like it will be late 2016.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TerryK
Sounds like it will be late 2016.
To their credit, they did fix the problem with the Club Rewards site much faster than I expected. So maybe they will reopen apps with new terms once the cardholders who got in during the initial app period are beyond the waiting period required by the CARD Act. (Which I'm not sure really stops them from changing the rewards program at all, but it's their prerogative if they want to CYA.)
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
To their credit, they did fix the problem with the Club Rewards site much faster than I expected. So maybe they will reopen apps with new terms once the cardholders who got in during the initial app period are beyond the waiting period required by the CARD Act.
True. I had a fit when it didn't get fixed within 24 hours. Began to wonder what they were up to. After a call, CSR seemed to know nothing. Next day I sent an email which was answered in a day saying they fixed it.

Originally Posted by tmiw
Even though the AF's $300 it would be nice to apply for/PC to the Elite.
I would consider an Elite if my goal is to earn enough points for one of my Best Western stays near Yellowstone or the other National Parks where BW has excellent hotels. The 3 CR per $ is multiplied by 2.64 when transferring to BWR for a total of 7.92 points per dollar. Right now you can get a good room for 24K points a night and save $275.99. That works out to 1.15 cents per dollar. So multiply 7.92 by 1.15 and you receive a value of 9.11 cents per dollar spent on the Elite's 3X categories. For groceries that is even better than the 6% cash back from Amex BCP.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:36 pm

I will wager a nickel that applications never re-open. Any takers?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
I will wager a nickel that applications never re-open. Any takers?
I don't go for signup offers that pay out less than several $$$ of value, so why should I care about a nickel wager, even if it's with someone who (if I recall correctly) also predicted that BMO would never open applications for Diners Club in the first place (after it was taking such a long time after the transfer of Dinesr Club North America from Citi to BMO, and after existing Diners Club Professional cardholders started getting chip and offline PIN cards).

Of course, if BMO stays true to form, they will never re-open applications for these two existing Consumer cards, instead they will create another new card or two and open applications only for that.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Of course, if BMO stays true to form, they will never re-open applications for these two existing Consumer cards, instead they will create another new card or two and open applications only for that.
Yep, that seems like the BMO way. Keep existing cards unchanged and just start over with something new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.