Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I'm still anticipating the time when DL management tells "lifetime" Crown Room and World Club members that they have "reached the end of their lifetime." Do you suppose they would get jettisoned as part of the next DL bankruptcy?
They probably could have done it at the last bankruptcy or at the SkyClub rebranding. I suspect the negative publicity would far outweigh anything they gain from that move. Plus, most of these folks will probably age out of frequent travel far before the ensuing court battle would end, should DL try to terminate those memberships
Old Sep 25, 2011, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by HookemHorns
They probably could have done it at the last bankruptcy or at the SkyClub rebranding. I suspect the negative publicity would far outweigh anything they gain from that move. Plus, most of these folks will probably age out of frequent travel far before the ensuing court battle would end, should DL try to terminate those memberships
I can't imagine there are all that many lifetime members, and DL management have already indicated that they seem to no longer care who they disappoint or P-off.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
MM doesn't mean much with it only giving FO.

Delta needs to update the MM status like UA/CO did to make it meaningful... 1MM = GM
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
MM doesn't mean much with it only giving FO.

Delta needs to update the MM status like UA/CO did to make it meaningful... 1MM = GM
I would completely agree! MM status should at least be equivalent to Sky Team Elite Plus rather than FO status that can be achieved with an AmEx card without a single BIS mile.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
Mm status

Will hit mm status next month all primarily out of my own pocket expenses and from bump vouchers. Also wonder how many Delta 1 mmers current right now.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by anbhc
Will hit mm status next month all primarily out of my own pocket expenses and from bump vouchers. Also wonder how many Delta 1 mmers current right now.
I hit it earlier this year. Still haven't picked my 1MM gift. There are a waste.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
I hit it earlier this year. Still haven't picked my 1MM gift. There are a waste.
^^

I went to my luggage store yesterday and fessed up... "I'm not here to buy anything, I just want to scope out what DL is offering to give me for my 40 years and 2 MM miles."

The 20 inch Hartmann rollaboards are tiny. A spare pair of shoes would just about fill half of the bag.

I may go for the 22 inch bag and be prepared to express indignation if they don't let me carry my expression of DL's gratitude onto the plane.

The 22 inch bag appears to be comparable to my Briggs and Riley, which fits every overhead other than the CRJs (fits easily in an E175).

DL's baggage offering suggests that they are intentionally discouraging carry-on.

(And, for the record, my wife disdains bling... so Tiffany is not an option.)
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I have the impression that some FAs seem confused about this and are more impressed by MM than DM. YMMV.
And why shouldn't they be? It takes more flying to reach MM than it does to reach DM. Several years as a plat when that was the top tier only got me to around 0.52 MM.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by DanTravels
And why shouldn't they be? It takes more flying to reach MM than it does to reach DM. Several years as a plat when that was the top tier only got me to around 0.52 MM.
Agreed! To me, the MM is a bit like a lifetime achievement award rather than a busy year flying. This is part of the reason that it irks me a bit that the value to DL of becoming a MM seems to be devalued much like everything else they've done lately to their premium customers. That having been said, the FAs see so many DMs and MMs that I don't think either one really impresses them, it's just all in a day's job for them.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Be very careful with the bags as your gift. The handle on the Hartmann bag is nowhere near as "tall" as a standard handle on a Briggs + Riley bag is. Thus, the only way to wheel the bag around the terminal is to drop the should that you're using way down and walk like an ape.

Other than that as others have said a bit heavy but I found it sturdy at the same time.

If you're 5'4" or less the bag should work for you as my sister now proudly displays my old bag on her travels.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 5:33 pm

Delta Million Miles

Just hit the Delta Million Miler. Any advice - does that give you anything more than Platinum ? Any other benefits from you road warriors out there ? ^
Old Oct 2, 2011, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA, EXP. DL, DM 1MM. HHonors, Diamond. Hertz, PC. National, EE.
Welcome to Flyertalk!

You have earned lifetime Silver status, which is commonly referred to as "FO," on this site.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by balaji96
Just hit the Delta Million Miler. Any advice - does that give you anything more than Platinum ? Any other benefits from you road warriors out there ? ^
Originally Posted by mcmitchell
Welcome to Flyertalk!

You have earned lifetime Silver status, which is commonly reffered to as "FO," on this site.
Not lifetime.

Only annual complementary FO... for as long as DL management chooses to renew it.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Not lifetime.

Only annual complementary FO... for as long as DL management chooses to renew it.
Plus a selection of a free item like a computer case or roller board.
And they will send you a new card with 1mm printed on it

At least AA sends a couple upgrade certificates.

Last edited by zman; Oct 2, 2011 at 8:49 pm
Old Oct 2, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
Delta Million Miles

Should also be offered a Hartman or Tiffanys gift selection as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.