Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:24 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
When someone is watching the same movie as you are and their screen is in or close to your line-of-sight, and they're "ahead" of you in the movie. Spoiler alert!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: delta dm
Not seeing an entertaining post from milo lion in a while. No he didn't.....
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Did a quick trip to SEA<>SFO this week, both on E175s but on two different regionals. SEA-SFO was on Compass, SFO-SEA was on SkyWest.

I usually get pretty good service with all the various Delta Connection carriers, but these were memorable for their poor service.

On SEA-SFO, we boarded on time, but were held at the gate for weather at SFO. No PDB was offered, no water bottles at each seat. We started our taxi, and we held at the north end of the airport again for about 45 minutes. Again, no beverages or anything else offered. During both delays, the FAs were in the galley chatting away.

On SFO-SEA, which was listed as a "breakfast" flight, we boarded on time, got PDB service. Airborne, They passed around the standard snack basket, with peanuts/pretzels/Biscoffs. In Y they distributed the Luvo Breakfast Packs.

I asked, "Wasn't this supposed to be a breakfast flight?" to the FA in F and she said, "Oh, yeah, I forgot" and then proceeded to hand out Luvo Packs to everyone in F.

About 45 minutes from landing, she opens the catering cart in the galley, (I was in 1A so I could clearly see what she was doing) and pulls out a meal tray, grabs a standard ceramic "square bowl" full of cut fruit, and proceeds to eat the contents.

In the grand scheme of the world, not a massive deal, but wow that was a pretty blatant display of poor service.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by anon2k2
Did a quick trip to SEA<>SFO this week, both on E175s but on two different regionals. SEA-SFO was on Compass, SFO-SEA was on SkyWest.

I usually get pretty good service with all the various Delta Connection carriers, but these were memorable for their poor service.

On SEA-SFO, we boarded on time, but were held at the gate for weather at SFO. No PDB was offered, no water bottles at each seat. We started our taxi, and we held at the north end of the airport again for about 45 minutes. Again, no beverages or anything else offered. During both delays, the FAs were in the galley chatting away.

On SFO-SEA, which was listed as a "breakfast" flight, we boarded on time, got PDB service. Airborne, They passed around the standard snack basket, with peanuts/pretzels/Biscoffs. In Y they distributed the Luvo Breakfast Packs.

I asked, "Wasn't this supposed to be a breakfast flight?" to the FA in F and she said, "Oh, yeah, I forgot" and then proceeded to hand out Luvo Packs to everyone in F.

About 45 minutes from landing, she opens the catering cart in the galley, (I was in 1A so I could clearly see what she was doing) and pulls out a meal tray, grabs a standard ceramic "square bowl" full of cut fruit, and proceeds to eat the contents.

In the grand scheme of the world, not a massive deal, but wow that was a pretty blatant display of poor service.
I would write a very detailed email to DL and the respective regional operators. Those FAs should be fired.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, SkyMiles, HHonors
When they don't have Biscoff cookies on the flight
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:56 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by GayPMorgan
When they don't have Biscoff cookies on the flight
That should be a crime!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:15 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Someone's emotional support animal had a biscoff allergy
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Two things today:

Does Delta ever wash their planes. The MD-88 on today looks like it has been out mudding.

Offering the snack basket before drinks when in row 4 on an md 88. Been about 30 minutes and I'm thirsty. No PDB due to delayed inbound.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the FlyDelta app giving me 40 (yes, by actual count) instances of the "It's Time to Check In" notification for my Sun night SEA-ATL flight
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: delta dm
No direct service to goosebay newfoundland canada unless you are on a eurpoean flight that has a mechanical.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by anon2k2

Completely agree that this is worth writing for. DL would be very interested to hear about this considering these are flights that are highly competitive against AS. From my previous conversations with FAs about routes, the SEA-California routes are the premier routes for the regionals. As a result, generally you have the most experienced and most professional crews, which is what DL wants. Although the regionals sometimes leave a lot to be desired, I have never had a bad experience with the regionals on these routes.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:45 pm

That reminds me, early morning flights I need a way to mute the fly delta app. Otherwise I get woken up by the barrage of flight status update as they change the gate 5 or 6 times around 2-4 am:/
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:51 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by quoo
That reminds me, early morning flights I need a way to mute the fly delta app. Otherwise I get woken up by the barrage of flight status update as they change the gate 5 or 6 times around 2-4 am:/
iOS "do not disturb" mode
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by quoo
As an alternative to full DND mentioned above, you can also go Settings, Notifications, Fly Delta, and toggle just the sound, just for the Delta App.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:56 pm

No Winged Headrests On The MD-90s

Funny how the 717s have nice winged headrests and the MD-90s don't. They were all getting refurb'd at around the same time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.