Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:12 am

They pulled Transunion on the day applied (9/28) and I got the pending review status. Today I see that they pulled Transunion a second time, probably on the manual review. Can they do that?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by samdori
They pulled Transunion on the day applied (9/28) and I got the pending review status. Today I see that they pulled Transunion a second time, probably on the manual review. Can they do that?
They can, it just usually doesn't happen. I've also heard of them pulling TU and Experian if your application is borderline.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by samdori
Barclay's is notorious for that, last year they asked me for some proof of address or something like that , and I ended up sending it like 5 times, because they kept saying we haven't received it. then they pulled my credit a second time, denied me anyways.....so i had 2 credit pulls for nothing.
this is why i ma hesitant to apply for this. esp for those who are on permanent resident or visa etc. i know YMMV situation but just one data point. but seems like good offer.....
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by americanindian
Barclay's is notorious for that, last year they asked me for some proof of address or something like that , and I ended up sending it like 5 times, because they kept saying we haven't received it. then they pulled my credit a second time, denied me anyways.....so i had 2 credit pulls for nothing.
this is why i ma hesitant to apply for this. esp for those who are on permanent resident or visa etc. i know YMMV situation but just one data point. but seems like good offer.....
I am not too worried about the inquiries since they are the only bank that ever pulls Transunion for me. The only thing it hurts is for future apps with Barclays. Seems odd they would pull the same bureau twice though. I guess they are too incompetent to go and find the original copy that the computer pulled a couple days earlier. If I am denied, I'm not sure I will bother calling, or they might pull Experian and I can't afford that!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
They pulled TU and Experian for me last year, then denied the card
Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:00 am

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
i got approved for this card even though i had 21 inquires on experian last 1 year
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
Does Barclay's do credit line shifts? I have a US Airways MC that I want to close, willing to give up that card to get this one.

Chase is so much easier to deal with
They do splits. Not sure about the cancel and swap. I just called the retention number and was told that it was under review because I have another Barclay card, US Air, with $15K limit. I asked if I could put some of that toward the NFL card, and they said sure, and split the limit and approved the card.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by newbieflyer1
i got approved for this card even though i had 21 inquires on experian last 1 year
That's probably because they pulled TU which is what they pull 99% of the time.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:41 am

I want to apply for this card and the US Air card at the same time. Is this a good idea?
My credit is very good. I have applied for several cards this year tho (Sapphire, PriorityClub, Hilton Amex, CitiAA, AmexAA)
If anyone has tried this yet, please let me know
Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
Originally Posted by bigrhino
I want to apply for this card and the US Air card at the same time. Is this a good idea?
My credit is very good. I have applied for several cards this year tho (Sapphire, PriorityClub, Hilton Amex, CitiAA, AmexAA)
i applied 2 cards on 10/2 and one got instant approval and second one needed a call to get it approved.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by newbieflyer1
i applied 2 cards on 10/2 and one got instant approval and second one needed a call to get it approved.
For the same two cards? What did you tell them
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by bigrhino
I applied for the US Air card early September, instant approval. I applied for this card Friday. Got more processing req, approved the next day when I called reconsideration number Saturday. Had to explain why so many new apps this year (see my earlier posts a couple pages back if interested in more detail - phone number).
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by isle-hawg
866-369-1283
Thank you, called this number after getting a denial in the mail. Got approved for $5K credit line. Was told I wouldn't get another credit pull, but we'll see what my credit monitoring services pick up. Hope I get the $400 and not $100.

Also realized this card doesn't have an annual fee, so it'll be a good one to hold on to for a while since my history is on the younger side.

Last edited by amolkold; Oct 4, 2012 at 3:47 pm
Old Oct 4, 2012, 5:36 pm

denied =(

Just applied today and got denied =( They gave me a run down of why I had 9 new inquiries/applications this year...weird. I thought i would be a shoo-in since its not chase/citi/bofa...

FAIL
Old Oct 4, 2012, 6:14 pm

I was also denied after calling the reconsideration line the day after an application with pending status. Was told I had opened 12 cards in the past year and I didn't need anymore. Called back a second time asking if I could split the credit line from my US Airways card, but denied on that front, too. Haven't checked yet if they pulled my credit a second time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.