Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:37 am

I was approved for the personal Chase Premiere Southwest card back in late June (24th to be exact). I really want to try for the lower level business card and get the CP but am afraid of the HP, being denied or not getting CP if I am approved. Should I just go or it?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Trying to decide if I should apply for the Southwest since it's in it's final days of the 50k
I have 5 other Chase cards though and seeing others have had no luck moving CL
AirTran 2-15-13
United Explorer 12-21-12
Priority club-10-24-12
Marriott 9-22-12
Sapphire Preferred 9-18-12
Is this the first time Southwest has had such a big bonus? wonder if it will be offered again around Christmas time.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
Is this the first time Southwest has had such a big bonus? wonder if it will be offered again around Christmas time.
No they have done this same offer multiple times previously.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by beltline
No they have done this same offer multiple times previously.
I mean I know that this started in February right? just wondered if they offer it every 6 mos or so?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Jakz34
I was approved for the personal Chase Premiere Southwest card back in late June (24th to be exact). I really want to try for the lower level business card and get the CP but am afraid of the HP, being denied or not getting CP if I am approved. Should I just go or it?
If you already have the one SW card and are going for companion pass, then I would rather take the HP as opposed to losing the CP. Unless you're certain you can get the remaining 60k points some other way. I took the chance last year with 5 Chase cards and 8 CC applications in 6 months. Had to call, but was immediately approved.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
I mean I know that this started in February right? just wondered if they offer it every 6 mos or so?
If I recall correctly since last year I believe this is the 4th time I recall seeing it. I know for sure it has been at least 3 times since June of last year. However no one can truly say if it will ever come back at the same 50k. However it has been offered at least 3 times at the 50k since June. My CP ends at the end of this year. Plan on using the wife if the plan pops back up again towards the end of the year. If you time that one right then you can get it for all of 2014-2015.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Chances to get an Ink Bold...

So, I got ~14 cards in the past 12 months, my credit score is >720, and I have gotten 3 Chase personal cards in this time frame. When I applied for a Ink Card in April I was denied, as the analyst felt Chase extended enough credit to me and as my accounts where all pretty new. I plan to reapply in November... Do you think I have good odds to be accepted? My income is >$100k.

Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by beltline
If you already have the one SW card and are going for companion pass, then I would rather take the HP as opposed to losing the CP. Unless you're certain you can get the remaining 60k points some other way. I took the chance last year with 5 Chase cards and 8 CC applications in 6 months. Had to call, but was immediately approved.
So can you get the CP with the personal plus or should I just go for the business?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by oneworld82
So, I got ~14 cards in the past 12 months, my credit score is >720, and I have gotten 3 Chase personal cards in this time frame. When I applied for a Ink Card in April I was denied, as the analyst felt Chase extended enough credit to me and as my accounts where all pretty new. I plan to reapply in November... Do you think I have good odds to be accepted? My income is >$100k.

Thanks!
If you don't have any more credit inquiries probably. Chase looks at everything even though they denied you for enough Chase credit.
Pluses good income and exposure to Chase.
Negatives 14 cards in 12 months what they termed to many accounts.
No new accounts probably, any more new accounts probably not.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
If you don't have any more credit inquiries probably. Chase looks at everything even though they denied you for enough Chase credit.
Pluses good income and exposure to Chase.
Negatives 14 cards in 12 months what they termed to many accounts.
No new accounts probably, any more new accounts probably not.
I stand corrected... I opened 11 cards in the last 12 months, and have been denied for the Bold and for a US Air biz I applied the same day of my personal one last October. My last churn has been in March. I applied for AMEX Gold Biz, AMEX SPG Biz, and Chase Ink. Approved only for the AMEX Gold one. Ever since, I have got the Citi AA VISA. No more cards planned ahead.

Last edited by oneworld82; Aug 4, 2013 at 9:16 pm
Old Aug 4, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by oneworld82
If this scenario is true... then how long more should I wait?
I honestly don't know. They are looking at all your inquiries even though they turned you down for to many Chase accounts. Maybe some one else can help give you a more concrete answer? I've never been turned down or called reconsideration but I only do 6 cards a year betwen my wife and I. I wish you luck.
I think if you wait you should be ok. Not having new inquiries will help a lot.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Open a Chase Business Checking Account, show them the love.

100k is not a lot of income with a high debt or low savings, they look at the bottom line.

Lower your credit limits on the other cards, and tell them you just want the perks, they could care less, I have done it before, and I have more cards than you do at the present time.

Chase knows the game, they also want to do the numbers.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by satman40
Open a Chase Business Checking Account, show them the love.

100k is not a lot of income with a high debt or low savings, they look at the bottom line.

Lower your credit limits on the other cards, and tell them you just want the perks, they could care less, I have done it before, and I have more cards than you do at the present time.

Chase knows the game, they also want to do the numbers.
I tried to move balances... couldn't do as my accounts were too new.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Close (or not) and when Chase UA Mileage Plus Explorer

Sorry ... posted something earlier that goes better under retention thread, where I have now sent it.

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Aug 5, 2013 at 3:39 pm
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:01 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Priority Club + Ritz Carlton card in one app round = possible?

I have never been denied any Chase CC, or any CC in general, except one time when my dumb a decided to apply for the Visa Black. I am quite thankful I was not approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.