Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Premier! (real not fake)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:12 am
Original Poster

New Premier! (real not fake)

Hello guys...I am just here to tell you that you have a new Prem on the board!!!(not bragging but super happy!).

I thoroughly look forward to my next year flying only with BA where possible, and seeing just how good this status is!!

It is definately through this forum that has considerably helped me to discover my love of flying with BA. And may i thank you all for your valuable input and advice when asked.

If i can be of assistance to any of you or help in answering any of your questions i will be happy to do so.

Abstract ^
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Welcome Abstract .

I hope you don't mind me asking, but given your comment about love of flying BA, were you a GCH previously or have you just joined a company where you have been given a Prem card?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice work. ^

I'm jealous.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Congrats enjoy the perks. Look forward to hearing of your experiences as a Prem.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Good for you Abstract1 . ^

I'm not jealous.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA1A
Welcome Abstract .

I hope you don't mind me asking, but given your comemnt about love of flying BA, were you a GCH previously or have you just joined a company where you have been given a Prem card?
No i have been a GCH for quite a few years...and in that time have set up a couple of companies that gives all travel to BA. And this travel has now finally got to a significant amount, with a lot more to come. I certainly would not be able to get any more than 1 card though im sure!!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:21 am
Original Poster

I will be more than happy to share some of my experiences as Prem....my first one is a European one in Feb. Will be very interesting to see exactly what happens!!

Last edited by Abstract1; Jan 22, 2009 at 1:53 pm
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Abstract1
No i have been a GCH for quite a few years...and in that time have set up a couple of companies that gives all travel to BA. And this travel has now finally got to a significant amount, with a lot more to come. I certainly would not be able to get any more than 1 card though im sure!!
Thanks for such an honest answer and kudos to you. I am jealous too. Just think you will now be able to delay flights like BAPremier
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
You'll have to look out for don1K!!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:30 am

Congrats and welcome to FT... looking forward to hearing about your travels with BA as a Premier
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA1A
Thanks for such an honest answer and kudos to you. I am jealous too. Just think you will now be able to delay flights like BAPremier
if anything, im always too bloody early for flights!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Well done, Abstract1, nice one Perhaps you can answer something that I've wondered for a while...

No i have been a GCH for quite a few years...
So what did they do? Did they:

1) move your GCH account to the new Premier number (keeping all miles, history, etc. and leaving you with just one account with the new number)?
2) open you a brand new empty Premier account and freeze your old Gold one? Except perhaps for redemptions?
3) let you run the old Gold account alongside the new Premier one?
4) something else?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Well done, Abstract1, nice one Perhaps you can answer something that I've wondered for a while...

So what did they do? Did they:

1) move your GCH account to the new Premier number (keeping all miles, history, etc. and leaving you with just one account with the new number)?
2) open you a brand new empty Premier account and freeze your old Gold one? Except perhaps for redemptions?
3) let you run the old Gold account alongside the new Premier one?
4) something else?
1. YES. It was simply a matter of changing the number (apparently all prem numbers start the same). But the miles balance/history remains the same and any bookings in the system were switched to the new number (after calling the premier line which is fantastically quick and helpful!! ^).
Old Jan 22, 2009, 6:24 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Hello guys...I am just here to tell you that you have a new Prem on the board!!!(not bragging but super happy!).

I thoroughly look forward to my next year flying only with BA where possible, and seeing just how good this status is!!

It is definately through this forum that has considerably helped me to discover my love of flying with BA. And may i thank you all for your valuable input and advice when asked.

If i can be of assistance to any of you or help in answering any of your questions i will be happy to do so.

Abstract ^
Wow! A premier with more than 1 post and seemingly some knowledge of how the EC works, who'd have thought it!!!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 6:25 am
Original Poster

1. YES. It was simply a matter of changing the number (apparently all prem numbers start the same). But the miles balance/history remains the same and any bookings in the system were switched to the new number (after calling the premier line which is fantastically quick and helpful!! ^).
Also the TPs reset to 0 and dissapear!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.