Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. The current (August) JFK CCR menu is shown in post 176.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Any news on the grapefruit juice front CWS?

Also can I send one of the staff to go and get me some pies from the Flounge buffet? I always used to head next door when they were last an option but some of the Flounge buffet items sound more appealing now than the CCR menu especially given the relatively limited options.
I forgot to check about grapefruit, sorry, but I will try to find out tomorrow.

Yes you can indeed ask for anything from Flounge buffet or indeed their menu. So Caesar Salad and Macaroni cheese are also effectively on the CCR menu, plus indeed the new buffet options. I need to update those in the Flounge thread too, there have been a number of recent changes to their buffet, the desserts and cakes.

The breakfast has also been significantly updated, for the first time in about 4 years, with items like design your own omelette on the menu.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

The breakfast has also been significantly updated, for the first time in about 4 years, with items like design your own omelette on the menu.
I was wondering what the significant change was (apart from granola) as it didn't leap out at me.

I will be there twice next week and looking forward to trying out the pies
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I know the feeling. I'm completely torn! Excited that the the pies and mash are back in the F lounge, but also looking forward to trying the new CCR menu...
Pies shouldn't be served with mash surely the only proper accompaniment is chips and gravy
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Eggs Royale
English muffin topped with poached egg and smoked salmon finished with hollandaise sauce
It sounds like they have finally become sick of "could I have an Egg Benedict, with smoked salmon instead of ham, please?" including mine, and gave it a name on the menu

I know the feeling. I'm completely torn! Excited that the the pies and mash are back in the F lounge, but also looking forward to trying the new CCR menu...
Surely as a CCR card holder you are at LHR very frequently and therefore have enough opportunities to try everything you fancy, unless you are an LCY or LGW person?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has the ghastly "hollandaise" sauce been improved?

I have given up on Eggs Benedict in the CCR because that sauce just makes me queasy.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I was entirely happy with the hollandaise, it still tastes the same to me (and it's a great breakfast dish in my view).

I am afraid no grapefruit juice today, though the lounge host offered to make some up from the segments, but I am almost certain it is coming shortly. I will lobby for it. There is also another CCR improvement en route which will start shortly......
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Thanks for the update and your work c-w-s! ^

There is also another CCR improvement en route which will start shortly......
Ohhh, excited Don't keep us on in suspense too long, any hints?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:16 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
C-W-S, thank you for the update.

Will give it a try on Monday.

bjorns
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was entirely happy with the hollandaise, it still tastes the same to me (and it's a great breakfast dish in my view).
I was hoping that they might have literally scraped the bottom of the vast barrel that the sauce comes in and moved on to another supply
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Surely as a CCR card holder you are at LHR very frequently and therefore have enough opportunities to try everything you fancy, unless you are an LCY or LGW person?
Yes, mostly LHR and normally at least once, often twice a week, but I'm also not the most patient person. I want everything now!!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: BA GGL
As it happens, I did actually go to both on Friday evening. Started in the CCR and had the salmon starter, followed by the Concorde Roast.

The salmon was actually very nice; reasonably well presented and tasty (apologies for the poor picture quality!).

Smoked salmon starter

The Concorde Roast, on the other hand, although nicely presented, was probably the worst piece of meat I have ever eaten! I had put most of it back on the plate as I couldn't actually chew it. In fact, the edges were not just un-chewable, they were actually un-biteable. Very disappointing! I asked for it medium rare, and that's how it came, so will try it medium or medium well next time to see if that makes a difference.

Concorde Roast

I went for the burnt cream for dessert, and that was delicious, but had a gaping hole that could only be filled by pie and mash, so popped through to the F lounge before my flight
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:39 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
From 13 March during the afternoon:

The Pork Belly

Treacle Tart
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:19 am
Original Poster

While we are at it, here is the Sea Bream. It's not too salty at all, despite the menu wording.

And from the Flounge thread, the Cambridge Custard.

Looking at the other photos, there clearly has been some uplift on presentation.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:49 am

The Concorde Roast, on the other hand, although nicely presented, was probably the worst piece of meat I have ever eaten! I had put most of it back on the plate as I couldn't actually chew it. In fact, the edges were not just un-chewable, they were actually un-biteable. Very disappointing! I asked for it medium rare, and that's how it came, so will try it medium or medium well next time to see if that makes a difference.
Perhaps why so many people seem to prefer to order the burger instead.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by AeroWesty
Perhaps why so many people seem to prefer to order the burger instead.
I gave the Concorde Roast a try on 3 occaisions but each time it was exactly as Filthy Monkey describes, I prefer the burger to the roast if I'm in a meat mood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.