Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
I cannot understand how a Band 3 which arrives 8PM can be afternoon tea and there is no choice but made yesterday evening afternoon tea! Awful! On top of that, there is afternoon tea in GF for those who want it.

If I order a child's meal would it be hot? Like fish sticks or something?
In my kid's experience a children's meal in CE is invariably:

Hot tray of oversalted mash, peas and breaded chicken nuggets
bag of mini-Cheddars
Bag of chocolate M&M
A "Fruit Shoot" drink
A youghurty desert pot
Bread roll from basket.

It really isn't great, but the Twinky Defence would probably be available to you if you ate it.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ABax
It's such a terrible shame that whilst food in CE continues to see improvement, food in ET continues its apparent inexorable descent towards inedibility. Yesterday, flying from NCE to LHR departing at 2030 (ish, in this case), we were served a tiny, miserable ham sandwich and an inedible chocolate orange 'bun', which was perhaps the most hideous piece of sponge I've ever had the misfortune to attempt to eat, with all the texture and taste of sawdust.
This is exactly what was served to us on a Bilbao-LHR 19:30 service a month ago. Can't say people around me took to it onboard!!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ABax
Yesterday, flying from NCE to LHR departing at 2030 (ish, in this case), we were served a tiny, miserable ham sandwich and an inedible chocolate orange 'bun', which was perhaps the most hideous piece of sponge I've ever had the misfortune to attempt to eat, with all the texture and taste of sawdust.
It was OK as a light bite for me.

Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It was OK as a light bite for me.
Though, with respect, you always have the choice of dining in the CCR...
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by gingeola
I had the veggie salad afternoon tea in CE yesterday, but out of LHR. I'd quite like to join in with the sandwich eaters so I hope hope the salad is enhanced from Heathrow as well.
Which I also had on a LHR-DUB sector too.
I wondered if the BCN-LGW flight I took was a trial? Mine came as three finger sandwiches. I noticed the normal afternoon tea sandwiches came in a plastic wrapper, a bit like I have had as a veggie in Club World for afternoon tea.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Are BA still doing a hot breakfast on the red eye from ABZ-LHR?....and if so is it any good?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by smokie36
Are BA still doing a hot breakfast on the red eye from ABZ-LHR?....and if so is it any good?
There are no red eyes on Domestic UK services.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by smokie36
Yes, if you depart before 09:30 hrs, which is a generous view of red eye even by the louche standards of this fellowship. Any good? Probably the best in air breakfast this side of First.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Good veg. Option on domestic breakfast, too.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks for the quick reply....and yes sts...0605 is gonna be very red eye for this lazy flier!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Probably the best in air breakfast this side of First.
Yes, I had my first domestic breakfast in September and it was pretty good. The fry up was just the right quantity, but as I was travelling with a vegan I ended up scoffing the vegetarian option too! What a pig you might say!

BA1434 LHR-EDI 25.09.15

Traditional breakfast

Cheese omelette with chestnut mushroom sauce and slow roasted tomatoes
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by headingwest
Yes, I had my first domestic breakfast in September and it was pretty good. The fry up was just the right quantity, but as I was travelling with a vegan I ended up scoffing the vegetarian option too! What a pig you might say!

BA1434 LHR-EDI 25.09.15

Traditional breakfast

Cheese omelette with chestnut mushroom sauce and slow roasted tomatoes
There is a third option on the UK domestic breakfast flights of a giant croissant with jam and a fruit yogurt.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
There is a third option on the UK domestic breakfast flights of a giant croissant with jam and a fruit yogurt.
I read "fried yoghurt" and thought that's very Scottish.

Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sts603
There are no red eyes on Domestic UK services.
Obviously you've never seen me before 9 am
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:05 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
v infrequent CE traveller

Originally Posted by hugolover
I cannot understand how a Band 3 which arrives 8PM can be afternoon tea and there is no choice but made yesterday evening afternoon tea! Awful! On top of that, there is afternoon tea in GF for those who want it.

If I order a child's meal would it be hot? Like fish sticks or something?
Taking HEL-LHR, departing at 16:55 so assuming that will be afternoon tea... Would ordering ie an asian veggie meal result in getting something hot/filling?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.