Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Wynn Promos Master Thread [Previously was 2 Free Nights @ Wynn/Encore}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Wynn Promos Master Thread [Previously was 2 Free Nights @ Wynn/Encore}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 6:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Anybody try doing this twice, despite the one time only restriction?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 8:08 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
Took advantage of offer.
Was able to get early check-in and late check-out.
I was upgraded to Encore Tower Suite (free) before 9:00am and in my room at 9:02am on 4/7/09.
Checked out at 3:45pm on the 9th.
All food comped ($209.00).
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
I stayed at the Encore on this promo Friday and Saturday nights. Overall a good stay, though I had a different food experience than others.

Check-in was a bit lengthy. I was offered an upsell for $200 (per night? per stay? I didn't pay much attention). I asked about a free FHR upgrade and was told the hotel was sold out. Interesting. Had it been a paid FHR stay, I probably would have persisted, but given it was a comp, I certainly wasn't going to make a big deal out of it. I asked for late check-out, which was offered without a problem, but apparently wasn't noted properly in the system (according to a later agent) as my keys stopped working at noon on Sunday. I had a high, south-facing room Friday night and moved to a lower north-facing (with a limited strip view) room for Saturday night. Because of the curvature of the building, north-facing rooms are larger, though they might be noisy due to the nightclub (XS) around the pool. Room quality is quite decent, though cleanliness is an issue: I found used gum on the back of the "steal this robe and we'll charge you" sign on one of the robes, a used straw in the middle of the living room floor, and some thread on the floor of the shower.

I had lunch Friday at Wazuzu which was comped (and not worth returning to). I had dinner Friday night at Alex, which was not partially or completely comped, despite my total F&B spend falling below $210, so it's definitely not just a blanket credit. Saturday and Sunday I had brunch at Tableau (the best breakfast / lunch option in my--and Zagat's--opinion). Tableau has a brunch menu, but not a breakfast menu, on weekends that runs until 2:30 p.m.. I ate at 2 p.m. each day and noticed my meals were not comped. When I spoke to an agent, I was told breakfast is only until 11:30 a.m. and, as these meals were after that time, they couldn't comp them. I persisted, and the food charges, but not tax or gratuity, were taken off.

I also tried the various nightclubs at Wynn and Encore. The concierge desk has free passes to Blush if you enter before midnight and free admission for women to Tryst. Admission to XS and Tryst for men is discounted by $10 (to $20) for hotel guests. Wynn / Encore guests are able to use the Table Reservation / Guest List line at XS from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m., but it was still about a 30 minute wait to get in even on that line, and required kissing up to the "hosts." Cutting the line at Tryst is hit-or-miss. The people in front of me were Wynn guests and couldn't get anywhere, while a host let me in if I promised to contact him when friends came to Vegas and were looking for a place to party. Of the nightclubs, XS, with both an indoor area and wrapping around the pool, is the best facility, but I preferred the crowd at Tryst (which may just have been the night I went). Blush is smaller and a bit older crowd. I didn't like it much and didn't stay long.

-m
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:31 pm

im going in two weeks very excited..a couple questions...

can i use the lunch credit at the pool???

and can someone post a list of "approved" restaurants... thanks
Old Apr 13, 2009, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
At check-in I was handed a letter with the resturants named and times that would be comp'ed.
On the letter was extension number for any questions.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:45 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Jim77401
At check-in I was handed a letter with the resturants named and times that would be comp'ed.
On the letter was extension number for any questions.
Sorry, I didn't bring the list back with me - but I remembered looking at the list and comparing to the times that the various restaurants are serving in the Hotel Guide Folder, my conclusion was that if the restaurant is serving breakfast or lunch / brunch it is eligible for the comp - some of the "fanciest" venues are dinner only.

We were there Sat 4/11 - Mon 4/13 - experience close to the same as described above - offerred a $200 upgrade to a 2200 square feet suite which we declined - our "standard" room was perfectly fine - but if we were actually paying for the room through FHR, we might have made a bit of a fuss about the upgrade.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:26 am

Programs: United 1K
I just used the promo this past weekend thank to finding out about it here on the forum.

My sister and a friend also stayed the same weekend in her room. Both had very similar experiences.

I was offered to upgrade to the tower suites in the Wynn at check-in for $150 per night. I passed. We checked in aroud noon on Friday and they had no problem giving us a room.

We had a late lunch at the Country Club on Friday. Saturday's breakfast was at the buffet and was comped as well. This showed me with a total of $6 of charges on my on-screen menu in the room so I am guessing there is some sort of blanket credit.

Despite being on the 52nd floor in the Wynn we heard night club music all night both nights. The hotel offered to send up earplugs. Another guest, on a paid stay, said they gave him a $50 for the same complaint.

We sat next to Steve Wynn and friends while we had drinks at the bar then saw him on 60 Minutes when we got home on Sunday. Pretty amusing.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:45 am

Has this been extended? So far I see two different people talking about upcoming stays (beyond the reported 4/25 end of promo).

Can anyone provide any info? Did you confirm you are booked under the comped promo? Did you have to give the agent a new code?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mschles
Has this been extended? So far I see two different people talking about upcoming stays (beyond the reported 4/25 end of promo).

Can anyone provide any info? Did you confirm you are booked under the comped promo? Did you have to give the agent a new code?
What did PTS say when you called and asked them this question?

Regards
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:48 pm

I would also love to know if this has been extended. i called on Sunday night trying to see if this was still valid, in which I was told it will expire after 4/25. Seems like if people are booking this still, you may need to call until you get an agent who doesn't know what they are talking about :-)

If so, anyone who has booked, do you have any names for agents you used that were able to succesfully book for you?

Any assistance/information would be greatly appreciated; I'm going at the end of May and would love to surprise the GF with this!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
What did PTS say when you called and asked them this question?

Regards
Last I called, I was told the promo ends 4/25.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:27 pm

FHR amenities

We reserved 3 rooms at Encore during Easter weekend (3 separate Am Ex Platinum cards).

Comped breakfast options included Society Cafe (brunch) or Lobby Bar/Cafe (coffee/pastries only) at Encore & Terrace Point Cafe, Buffet, or Tableau at Wynn.

Comped lunch options included Society Cafe, Lobby Bar, Wazuzu at Encore & Terrace Point Cafe, Buffet, Stratta, Country Club and a handful of other restaurants at Wynn (we ate at the Country Club -- great view of the golf course!).

They give us exactly $210 in credits per room for our 2-night stay -- $60 x 2 breakfasts; $90 x 1 lunch, For one of our rooms, they deducted the entire $210 from our first meal, a dinner at Wazuzu where we had spent $230+, and then charged us in full for the breakfasts/lunch that we had during the rest of our stay. For our other rooms, they didn't charge us for breakfast & lunch on day 1 and only charged us for a partial breakfast on day 2 because the total cost of the 3 meals exceeded the $210 allowance. If you don't want to spend extra for your meals, make sure that the total amount of the breakfasts/lunch don't exceed your allotted amount (in other words, I don't think they "comp" you the extra if you only go over your allotted amount; instead, they deduct your overage from the amount that's allocated to your next free meal).

They didn't charge us for room or taxes. We got lucky on 1 of the rooms and got an upgrade to Tower Suites for free (although I'm not sure it's worth paying for the difference - aside from a line pass to the buffet and a separate elevator, there really isn't a difference at Encore; the room is exactly the same as a standard resort room; but, if you can get it for free, it's worth it!!!). In terms of getting an upgrade, I think it depends on what time of day you check in (we only got an upgraded view for the 2 rooms where we checked in early/mid-afternoon on Friday; but, we got a Tower Suites upgrade for the room that where checked in at 11 pm on Friday night).

Great deal. I hope Wynn (or Wynn's competitors) offer similar deals in the future. And, feel free to give a little back to Wynn by either playing slots, gambling at tables, or getting a couple of extra meals (you'll still feel great about the other money you saved).

P.S. I saw Steve Wynn at the spa; he was checking up on the employees and making sure that the spa was adequately staffed at all times (I also saw him outside of the buffet checking up on the pool area).
Old Apr 15, 2009, 6:45 am

Great Deal

Just returned from Encore Las Vegas after using this deal. We booked two free nights and then wrapped around a third night for $129 which I found on the Hotel website (they offered that rate for literally one hour and I happened to look at that time). We let our friends stay in this room.

We received a $30 breakfast credit per person per day, a one time $45 lunch credit per person during the stay, and a 4pm checkout.

Also, I want to mention we booked a Tower Suite at the Encore for ourselves. Upon check in we did the $50 trick and VOILA! We were upgraded to a Parlor Suite on the 61st floor.

Staying at the Encore was delightful and I highly recommend this hotel.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat
Just back from Vegas on this promo. We were booked at the Encore on this promotion and on check-in, were offered an upgrade to a Wynn king suite for an extra $75 a night, no Tower upgrades available. We declined.

The room at the Encore was great, wonderful view of the strip, golf course, and airport. The checkin went fine, the usual mosh pit waiting for their turn or pushing in front. I just don't get why Vegas hotels don't use a single queue to manage the check in wait. It was a real zoo. Do they think it's classier? I just don't understand this and it just makes me anxious.

Anyway... once up to the check in, they were efficient and lovely. They handed us an envelope with my name on it that had all the details about the offer, and a list of restaurants and hours. We stuck to the list and times.

At check out, they had just taken off the full amount of the restaurant charged until it got to $210. So I believe if you wanted to, you could spend $210 at one meal and get it all comped. YMMV! There was no differentiation between food and alcohol, either.

The 4PM late checkout was taken care of, and there was no temporary charge on my Amex for a single night as some people have reported.

Based on this stay, I'd definitely put Encore at the top of my Vegas list. Had great meals at Strata (in the Wynn) and the Sinatra restaurant that were much better than I expected.

Best of all, good luck at the tables!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:04 pm

Any new experiences using this promo?

Also, any news if is good for May?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.