Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Wynn Promos Master Thread [Previously was 2 Free Nights @ Wynn/Encore}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Wynn Promos Master Thread [Previously was 2 Free Nights @ Wynn/Encore}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2009, 7:30 am
ljn

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold
As reported above I got Uk Plat travel service to investigate I got the following response:

I have now found out that the mailing was only sent to a select few cardholdersand was aimed at platinum card holders who had not stayed at the Wynn before.
This offer is only available to those choosen cardholders. But because we have beenadvised the offer is applicable to all platinum cardholders the hotel areprepared to honour the promotion, however they do stipulate that you must have not stayed at the hotel before.

So if you are booking this but have stayed at Wynn or Encore before you may have trouble getting this offer for free

Good luck if you can use it - I would love to but have stayed at Wynn before
Old Feb 26, 2009, 9:51 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
I, too, just booked this without problem. Was never asked where I heard about the promo, but just called PTS and said I would like to take advantage of the two free nights at Wynn that was being offered. Even though I was looking to stay on two nights that were not blackout dates (at least according to this thread), the agent called Wynn as she said that my dates did not fit with the offer, though after a couple of minutes she came back and said that Wynn was happy to offer two free nights to fit my schedule.

My only caveat is that I was really hoping to stay at Encore, but not sure I should call back and press my luck to change the reservation.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM 360
OK - I'm in the process of booking it now

It sounds like the PTS rep will be booking a room for herself as well - I don't think that she had heard of this one. Free breakfast 2 mornings and 1 free lunch... She's offering me the Wynn or Encore still... nights are 4/22 & 4/23.

OK - It's booked. She still has availability at Wynn and Encore over those dates. Very Cool!!

Thanks OP!!!!!

Last edited by atttaboy; Feb 26, 2009 at 4:35 pm
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:54 am

Does this work with the Citi Amex Platinum?

I tried calling using my Citi Amex Platinum and for some reason no knows ..and if this is possible..what number do i call?
Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2009, 12:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Amex Plat; AA-United-KLM
Originally Posted by skyfox2
I tried calling using my Citi Amex Platinum and for some reason no knows ..and if this is possible..what number do i call?
Thanks!
Your comments dont sound like you know that the promotion mentioned in this thread is regarding the Platinum Card charge card distributed by American Express not the card you mentioned that is from Citibank. The card you mentioned is not part of this promotion nor does PTS [Platinum Travel Service] consider your card eligibile for using them. I assume you don't have a Platinum Card from Amex otherwise you would not have asked this question. So there is no number to call.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
we decided yesterday to go to vegas in a week.

thanks to bimmerfan08's post in the vegas forum, i got in on this as well. fwiw, the first agent i spoke with said it was only good for the wynn, and i booked 3/11-13.

subsequently realized i booked the wrong dates, called back and agent #2 said it was good for either (proves the ft adage that if you don't get the answer you want the first time, call back and ask again)...so i changed to encore for 3/10-12. have never stayed at either property and do not have to stay additional paid nights to get the rate. was also told that fhr amenities like daily free breakfast, one free lunch and 4p checkout were part of the deal. ^

very cool, thanks again to the op, can't wait to go! feel like i won already.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 3:48 pm

has anybody been charged for the deposit of the first night? Or do they just hold the reservation and not charge a deposit?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by globaltrotter
has anybody been charged for the deposit of the first night? Or do they just hold the reservation and not charge a deposit?
I have a deposit charge and a credit for the same amount on the same day for my upcoming stay at Encore per this promotion. Not sure why though!
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Thanks for posting this. Just picked up two nights at the new Encore on March 11th. As of now, no deposit is showing on the card.

A notice, too - the reservation shows as Wynn on the confirmation, but it is at Encore.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Nicksta
A notice, too - the reservation shows as Wynn on the confirmation, but it is at Encore.
Same here.

Originally Posted by globaltrotter
They told me they'd charge the first night's deposit and then reimburse me at check-in, but I made my reservations on the 20th and still haven't seen any activity on my card from Wynn/Encore.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 6:50 am

My reservation is at Encore but my confirmation only states Wynn and no mention of Encore. Encore and Wynn have the same address, so I called back PTS after receiving my email confirmation and asked them to put the words Encore in my reservation so I would have some better confirmation of which hotel I was actually staying at and would have less of a struggle at the front desk for check-in.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat
This ROCKS! Just booked two nights in April (11/12) at the Encore, Wynn is all booked up. Free, plus all the amenities, no questions about anything. He asked at the very end where I heard about it and I said "a friend"

THANKS FRIENDS!^^^^^
Old Mar 6, 2009, 1:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Booked Encore ('cause I figured it was newer, and better, right?) 4/3-4/5, which is cool 'cause a client will be at CTIA the 4/1-4/3 anyway. FTFTW! *

* - "... for the win!"
Old Mar 6, 2009, 2:55 pm

booked

Was fwd'd this promo from another friend. we have a group trip and a few of us were able to book this promo.

we booked for the last 2 nights of the promo, and as of last friday wynn and encore were still avail...with full FHR benefits!
Old Mar 6, 2009, 8:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Booked Encore ('cause I figured it was newer, and better, right?) 4/3-4/5, which is cool 'cause a client will be at CTIA the 4/1-4/3 anyway. FTFTW! *

* - "... for the win!"
thanks for posting this, i had the same dates at the Wynn cuz the Encore wasn't avialbie when I booked. Just switched to Encore!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.