Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Wynn Promos Master Thread [Previously was 2 Free Nights @ Wynn/Encore}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Wynn Promos Master Thread [Previously was 2 Free Nights @ Wynn/Encore}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat
If you would be so kind as to PM as well. I would really like to be able to take my wife

thx

so much
Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:53 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by brosnan6
Called last night and confirmed 2 nights over the weekend of Sept 11-13 in a Wynn Salon Suite. I tried for Encore but they were all sold out (available the weekend before and after though). The extra 300 sq ft (2261 v. 1950 in Wynn) in Encore would have been better since there are going to be 7-8 guys in the room, but 1950 sq ft is still the size of a small house

The rep said I could keep calling back before Sept to see if Encore comes available and they can change at no cost. My confirmation shows a rate of $875/night.

Does anybody know what else the $100 resort credit can be used for? It excludes retail...but can I use it for gambling, more meals, or what?
you do get the 2 daily breakfast credits and one time lunch credit... I was able to use the buffet for 3 people for both days and ended up being $140 w/ tip EACH TIME but did not see it in the folio checkout... front desk agent said they took care of everything.. Used the lunch credit for $120 worth of drinks and appetizers and did not see it on the bill either.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by michaelm69
If you would be so kind as to PM as well. I would really like to be able to take my wife

thx

so much

Any information regarding booking with a regular plat. card would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:10 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Called last night and confirmed 2 nights over the weekend of Sept 11-13 in a Wynn Salon Suite. I tried for Encore but they were all sold out (available the weekend before and after though). The extra 300 sq ft (2261 v. 1950 in Wynn) in Encore would have been better since there are going to be 7-8 guys in the room, but 1950 sq ft is still the size of a small house

The rep said I could keep calling back before Sept to see if Encore comes available and they can change at no cost. My confirmation shows a rate of $875/night.

Does anybody know what else the $100 resort credit can be used for? It excludes retail...but can I use it for gambling, more meals, or what?
I just stayed at the Salon Suite in the Wynn. If you are "going to be 7-8 guys in the room" you might be in for a rude awakening. Although you say it is "1950 sq ft" (it's actually 1817 sq ft, according to the hotel itself), there is one bedroom and one living room. That's it. The living room is simply very large. There are no pull-out couches, and because of the furniture in the living room you cannot fit a roll-in bed in there. Maybe you can have a camp-out in the room with the guys - and they can sleep on the floor, in the bathroom (which is big too) or on a couch - but you can't put 8 people in there. Not close.

If you want to fit more people in a room - go to the Trump. Their one-bedroom suites are smaller than the Wynn Salon Suite, but still very large, they have a full pull-out couch with sheets and pillows, and the second bathroom has a full shower. The Wynn's "second bathroom" is just a toilet and a small sink.

About the $100 credit: If you are NOT booking with Amex, you get $75 credit. Everyone does. The hotel gives everyone $75 credit, with amex you just get $25 more. That said, it cannot be used for retail, gambling, or tips (or alcohol, but I don't think this is enforced). I actually used it for dinner which was $73 and a $17 tip - so my bill was $90 (which was $10 below my $100 credit). You would think that my dinner bill would have been deleted from my account, since I had a $100 credit - nope. I had to pay the $17 since it was a tip, and the credit does not cover tips. Asking 2 more people would not do anything. Same with the lunch credit: I was under the limit, but they insisted on me paying the tip, which they all confirmed was not included in the "free lunch".
I guess you can't knock a free gift, but just keep in mind that they will ask you to pay the tip when you check out.

You can either use the $100 credit on more food, or else on the spa.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:39 am

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
So, there's a $75 resort credit in addition to the normal FHR benefits, for everyone? Even us lowly Plats? Funny no one has mentioned it before.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by heathriel
So, there's a $75 resort credit in addition to the normal FHR benefits, for everyone? Even us lowly Plats? Funny no one has mentioned it before.
No.....

Originally Posted by S.Bling
About the $100 credit: If you are NOT booking with Amex, you get $75 credit. Everyone does. The hotel gives everyone $75 credit, with amex you just get $25 more.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:46 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
If you are on the "free deal" is the $100 resort credit the same as the one-time lunch credit or is that separate? I think that is what heathriel was asking, but it's still not clear if those are different.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:09 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
I just stayed at the Salon Suite in the Wynn. If you are "going to be 7-8 guys in the room" you might be in for a rude awakening. Although you say it is "1950 sq ft" (it's actually 1817 sq ft, according to the hotel itself), there is one bedroom and one living room. That's it. The living room is simply very large. There are no pull-out couches, and because of the furniture in the living room you cannot fit a roll-in bed in there. Maybe you can have a camp-out in the room with the guys - and they can sleep on the floor, in the bathroom (which is big too) or on a couch - but you can't put 8 people in there. Not close.
Interesting. Do you know if any of the salon suites have 2 beds or are they all 1 King bed?

And besides, sleep will be overrated for this little adventure. After all, we're in Vegas...sleep will be 4-5 hrs/night (if at all) and napping at the pool. At least that's how it was last time we all went...
Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Interesting. Do you know if any of the salon suites have 2 beds or are they all 1 King bed?

And besides, sleep will be overrated for this little adventure. After all, we're in Vegas...sleep will be 4-5 hrs/night (if at all) and napping at the pool. At least that's how it was last time we all went...
One king bed.

Honestly, in your case, I would look into either a different type of suite (not so "high ranking" as the Salon, but more useful to you) or else another hotel.

Unless you are taking turns on the bed, or the guys are so drunk that they will sleep in an armchair/couch, or on the floor of the bathroom (which is carpeted) - you will have 2 people happy to get their 4-5 hours rest, and the other 6 guys walking around like irritable zombies.

Why not try a smaller suite which has a couch to sleep on? Is there a reason you need the salon suite? It won't serve any of your purposes.

Two junior suites would be better, and even 2 of them will cost half of what the Salon suite will...
Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by NW-A332
If you are on the "free deal" is the $100 resort credit the same as the one-time lunch credit or is that separate? I think that is what heathriel was asking, but it's still not clear if those are different.
Free deal or no free deal - there are 2 things you are mixing up:

1. lunch credit - as I explained, this is $90 per room. Not $100, not $75. Tips not included.

2. $100 resort credit for Centurion holders. This is what heathriel asked about - regarding the $75 resort credit that the hotel gives everyone.
And others have pointed out that her question is answered clearly in my previous statement: Everyone gets $75 if you DON'T book through Amex. If you DO book through Amex, you get $100 - so your "extra" benefit is $25.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPLT, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex PLT, Hertz GLD, National EX
Just FYI - you have to show a room key all day long to get to the elevators. And security seems to have a very short term memory - they ask to see my key less than 15 minutes later, when I realized I forgot something in my room. Might be a hassle for 7-8 people.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by cyncyn129
Just FYI - you have to show a room key all day long to get to the elevators. And security seems to have a very short term memory - they ask to see my key less than 15 minutes later, when I realized I forgot something in my room. Might be a hassle for 7-8 people.
you only have to flash a room key in the late evening hours
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by cyncyn129
Was never asked to show a key, and never saw them ask anyone else. People kept going to the Tower Elevators all day and night, and the armed guard either said "hello" or nothing at all.

I began to question the level security at one point - so my experience was 180 degrees opposite to yours.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:37 pm

One king bed.

Honestly, in your case, I would look into either a different type of suite (not so "high ranking" as the Salon, but more useful to you) or else another hotel.

Unless you are taking turns on the bed, or the guys are so drunk that they will sleep in an armchair/couch, or on the floor of the bathroom (which is carpeted) - you will have 2 people happy to get their 4-5 hours rest, and the other 6 guys walking around like irritable zombies.

Why not try a smaller suite which has a couch to sleep on? Is there a reason you need the salon suite? It won't serve any of your purposes.

Two junior suites would be better, and even 2 of them will cost half of what the Salon suite will...
its possible.. there are 2 couches (2 guys), one massage room (1 guy), take the king mattress and seperate it from its boxspring, voila, the rest of the guys can sleep on the matress & the boxsprings... usually the boxsprings are padded in these high end hotels.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:39 pm

i don't know anyone who naps in a pool..... i know i'll be at the topless pool area w/ the cabanas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.