Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Unspecified new benefits for USA AMEX personal Platinum coming Spring 2015?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unspecified new benefits for USA AMEX personal Platinum coming Spring 2015?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by JHake10
[*]Full Sky Club membership (for access when not flying DL)
Apparently even the Delta Platinum card doesn't do this.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by JHake10
One can only dream, but it wold be great if Amex did
  • 200 airline credit including airfare
  • Primary rental car insurance
  • Trip delay/Baggage delay insurance
  • Tiered point earning structure
  • Full Sky Club membership (for access when not flying DL)
Tiered points would be good. Although I doubt it, especially since Centurion only gets 1 point. I've pretty much moved all my spending over to the Everyday Preferred card now (with a base of 1.5 points with 30 transactions a month).
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by nall
Apparently even the Delta Platinum card doesn't do this.
The DL Reserve card (also $450 AF) doesn't do it either.

And with good reason. If they did, anyone in the US who wanted a DL SC membership would just get one of the CCs, rather than paying DL $600 or whatever the current cost is for a membership.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Ummm... you all do realize that there probably aren't any "unspecified new benefits" coming in Spring 2015, right?

Regards
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Ummm... you all do realize that there probably aren't any "unspecified new benefits" coming in Spring 2015, right?

Regards
I'll continue holding my breath - its still Spring for another 11 days! ^
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by levilevi
I'll continue holding my breath - its still Spring for another 11 days! ^
We got the fee waived on AMEX Travel bookings Saving $11 per flight booked with points
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
The DL Reserve card (also $450 AF) doesn't do it either.

And with good reason. If they did, anyone in the US who wanted a DL SC membership would just get one of the CCs, rather than paying DL $600 or whatever the current cost is for a membership.
Sorry, I meant the Reserve card.

That said, the Citi Executive AAdvantage and Chase United Club card give full memberships.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:37 pm

DL lounge benefit

My friend received an offer for 100,000 points for $3,000 spend in 3 months. One of the card benefits was DL lounge membership plus free priority pass.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SuperDudley
My friend received an offer for 100,000 points for $3,000 spend in 3 months. One of the card benefits was DL lounge membership plus free priority pass.
This is not new. American Express Platinum does not provide Delta Skyclub "membership". It provides access only when flying DL, and an extra charge applies for the guests.

See this thread for discussion of targeted offers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ng-around.html
Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by mia
This is not new. American Express Platinum does not provide Delta Skyclub "membership". It provides access only when flying DL, and an extra charge applies for the guests.

See this thread for discussion of targeted offers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ng-around.html
Her offer specifically states DL skyline membership worth something like $495 annually. I didn't believe it either but she showed me the offer and it's there. It says nothing about flying Delta.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 5:50 pm
mia

Originally Posted by SuperDudley
Her offer specifically states DL skyline membership worth something like $495 annually
Thank you for the further details. Could be a test, but I don't yet see any reason to believe that it is an enhancement for existing cardholders..
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I was in a Delta lounge the other day, I and #11KGF and showed my card and guest. then, without any notice at all she said here was my charge for my "guest", which I'd never heard/seen of before and was about to charge 29$ I think.. I said "whoa, wait a second is there a guest charge", to which she replied yes and I just had said GF pull our HER platinum card and we were in. Never had that happen before, always just showed my card and both entered. Odd.

The lady also said that "well, this won't be a benefit much longer", that they had cancelled American Lounge access and were moving to end the partnership with Delta soon too.

THAT one I had not heard so don't believe anything the MSP Skylounge Agent says.

But, any thoughts about if the GOGO benefit from Biz Plat is coming to Amex Platinum? I keep getting the 100K sign up requests for my biz account for a new platinum card and would rather that one than this one if it's all the same.

Any way to confirm if the bonus is still getable on a biz card once one got 100K on the consumer platinum card?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:09 pm
mia

Originally Posted by nmenaker
...said here was my charge for my "guest", which I'd never heard/seen of before and was about to charge 29$ I think...
Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-1-2014-a.html
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
So I have been gone for almost 3 months.

And there is no news regarding the new unknown benefit?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
So I have been gone for almost 3 months.

And there is no news regarding the new unknown benefit?
Pretty sure it's the Boingo Wireless one, which has proven to be worthless for me so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.