FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Unspecified new benefits for USA AMEX personal Platinum coming Spring 2015? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1649293-unspecified-new-benefits-usa-amex-personal-platinum-coming-spring-2015-a.html)

steve4 Jan 25, 2015 12:07 pm

Unspecified new benefits for USA AMEX personal Platinum coming Spring 2015?

Hi all, I spoke to a CSR yesterday who mentioned new benefits will be added to the AMEX Platinum this March/April and that these would be "significant." I asked for further details, but the CSR did not know. Anyone know of proposed or rumored additions/enhancements ?

Doctor of Credit Jan 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by steve4 (Post 24231426)
Hi all, I spoke to a CSR yesterday who mentioned new benefits will be added to the AMEX Platinum this March/April and that these would be "significant." I asked for further details, but the CSR did not know. Anyone know of proposed or rumored additions/enhancements ?

Gogo benefit maybe? Were you talking about personal or business version?

DNAwizard Jan 25, 2015 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by steve4 (Post 24231426)

I spoke to a rep back in October and was essentially told the same thing, i.e. that significant benefits would be announced soon but she did not know when (in a few months is the best she could say) or what they were. Now at the end of January and still nothing announced. I'm quite sure something will be announced eventually since they are aware about the lost benefits. But I would not hold my hopes too high about the "when".

steve4 Jan 25, 2015 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit (Post 24232388)
Gogo benefit maybe? Were you talking about personal or business version?

This is regarding the Personal Version.

ddallas Jan 25, 2015 5:28 pm

CSRs are probably told to say stuff like that as part of their spiel.

Goldfishes Jan 25, 2015 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas (Post 24232953)
CSRs are probably told to say stuff like that as part of their spiel.

Don't think Amex would go promising new benefits to top tier customers if they had no intention of introducing said benefits.

Cana2013 Jan 25, 2015 6:53 pm

Hope the "new benefits" also cover Canadian card holders.

DNAwizard Jan 26, 2015 9:07 am

Originally Posted by DNAwizard (Post 24232619)
I spoke to a rep back in October and was essentially told the same thing, i.e. that significant benefits would be announced soon but she did not know when (in a few months is the best she could say) or what they were. Now at the end of January and still nothing announced. I'm quite sure something will be announced eventually since they are aware about the lost benefits. But I would not hold my hopes too high about the "when".

Originally Posted by Cana2013 (Post 24233258)
Hope the "new benefits" also cover Canadian card holders.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I spoke to a Canadian rep. It seems that there will be new benefits to the Canadian Platinum card as well.

fliesdelta Jan 26, 2015 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Goldfishes (Post 24233172)
Don't think Amex would go promising new benefits to top tier customers if they had no intention of introducing said benefits.

I don't see how a comment by a CSR would constitute a promise of anything.

United747 Jan 26, 2015 10:21 am

Originally Posted by fliesdelta (Post 24236466)
I don't see how a comment by a CSR would constitute a promise of anything.

+1! I've been told there will be new Centurion Lounges in ATL, JFK and LAX. I don't see those happening anytime soon.

nall Jan 26, 2015 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by United747 (Post 24236612)
+1! I've been told there will be new Centurion Lounges in ATL, JFK and LAX. I don't see those happening anytime soon.

CL lounge staff have told me Amex plans to build several more lounges in major airports. Regardless, wouldn't surprise me to see more (perhaps more Studios?), even if it takes a few years.

Although LAX has a problem that you can't easily move between terminals. That's not the case in ATL, unsure about JFK.

GarlicFlyer Jan 26, 2015 2:37 pm

I would recommend they dump Boingo and replace it with something of better value.

wesheltonj Jan 26, 2015 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by GarlicFlyer (Post 24238149)
I would recommend they dump Boingo and replace it with something of better value.

Saved me a boat load of money in AU and NZ. I recommend they don't.

GNALUZU Jan 26, 2015 3:17 pm

I've been told new Cent benefits are coming soon as well. I am not holding my breath though.

RogerMurdock Jan 26, 2015 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by steve4 (Post 24232931)
This is regarding the Personal Version.

Was your CSR referring to the US AMEX product?