Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Unspecified new benefits for USA AMEX personal Platinum coming Spring 2015?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unspecified new benefits for USA AMEX personal Platinum coming Spring 2015?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by nmenaker
were moving to end the partnership with Delta soon too.
This would be massive news, and I think highly unlikely as well.

The guest charge and removal of AA/US lounge access is relatively old news...
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
This would be massive news, and I think highly unlikely as well.

The guest charge and removal of AA/US lounge access is relatively old news...
This would really blow as we don't have a Centurion lounge in LA. The priority pass lounges aren't bad, but I usually fly Delta for work.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:36 am

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
The odds that Delta will stop being Amex's B _ _ _ _ (think female dog) anytime soon are exceedingly slim. They are drunk on the revenue from selling SkyPesos to Amex.

Jim
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:07 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by nmenaker
The lady also said that "well, this won't be a benefit much longer", that they had cancelled American Lounge access and were moving to end the partnership with Delta soon too.
While I wouldn't read too much into what one employee at a SkyClub says, with the recent report that someone was solicited with an offer to apply for the Platinum Card that included SkyClub "membership," perhaps there are some tweaks coming to this benefit?

(When it comes to SkyClub access, I would not expect for anything the Platinum card offered to be better than the Amex Delta Reserve Card, and they currently both only offer access when flying Delta. But I will note that competing products to the Delta Reserve Card offered by Citi and Chase offer "membership" the their respective airline partner lounges.)
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by mia

Indeed, must be the rule. Odd thing is, WE were both in the SFO, MSP (was actually DTW above), ATL lounges in the past 1-2 months and only showed the one card. ??

Maybe they just don't really enforce it all the time.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:38 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of the Boingo WiFi benefit has been transferred:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ingo-wifi.html

Inasmuch as the Boingo benefit was introduced in the summer of 2014, it could not be the rumored benefit which was due in Spring 2015.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:23 am

Everytime a new post pops this thread up, i get excited - only to be disappointed.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:03 am

I find it hard to believe Amex would loose Delta since they have a close relationship even in physical manner having their computer systems connected so Amex computer can query the Delta sky miles account. Also Amex saved Delta by lending them money via a Sky Pesos purchase. But then again who would have thought Amex would have lost the Costco merchant account? I keep thinking pretty women movie. BIG MISTAKE....BIG
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Centurion
I find it hard to believe Amex would loose Delta since they have a close relationship even in physical manner having their computer systems connected so Amex computer can query the Delta sky miles account. Also Amex saved Delta by lending them money via a Sky Pesos purchase. But then again who would have thought Amex would have lost the Costco merchant account? I keep thinking pretty women movie. BIG MISTAKE....BIG
O/T for a second - Costco are known to be big bullies in the retail space, more than Walmart is.
Costco know they have businesses of all sizes banging at their door, amongst them plenty of other card merchants who would call it a big win to steal away Costco - even for a few years - from the clutches of Amex.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
If they lose Delta, I imagine that would be the death knell to the Plat card. I went to a SkyClub twice last weekend and no one mentioned access ending anytime soon. I wouldn't believe what employees there say.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by zorbachs
If they lose Delta, I imagine that would be the death knell to the Plat card. I went to a SkyClub twice last weekend and no one mentioned access ending anytime soon. I wouldn't believe what employees there say.
I doubt that Amex is going to lose Delta any time soon. The two companies extended their relationship for six years, at the end of 2014.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...eal-with-delta

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.