Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report Amex website problems here

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Even yet still more trouble. Was just online trying to book some travel using MR points and ALL the popups on the site were disabled: I can't view T&C for booking the award; I can't "get more information" on booking with points; etc.

DEFAULT_ROW: Unable to find row in table 'sif_component_l' matching condition: 'component_id=114162' while executing "system_error "$msg"" (procedure "error" line 9) invoked from within "error "DEFAULT_ROW: Unable to find $errRec in table '$tbl' matching condition: '$whereClause'"" (procedure "DEFAULT_ROW" line 52) invoked from within "DEFAULT_ROW sif_component_l "component_xml" "component_id=[SHOW ID]"" ERROR: The requested Component with ID:114162 does not have the Live Version.
Please contact the System Administrator.
When I went to contact Customer Service via email, the website "couldn't authenticate my identity" (even though I was signed into my account) because my "browser doesn't accept cookies" (it does).

$%%&&*! It's just REALLY irritating. I like to do things online rather than wait for hours on hold with an 800-number; sheez, I pay enough for this card every year, I would REALLY LIKE THEM TO MAKE THE WEBSITE WORK.

[end rant]
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
Website Down!

Seems like they are down AGAIN!
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by kshahk
Seems like they are down AGAIN!
same thing here...so much for that MR transfer I need to do
Old Sep 29, 2009, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Ritz
same thing here...so much for that MR transfer I need to do
Its not just web site, their whole payment system is crashed.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 4:58 pm
Company Representative - Amex

Hi GB_CLONE

It’s Beth from Amex Customer Care.

We apologize for the system outage on Tuesday 09/29/2009 – we had a temporary system disruption. If your payment was late due to the outage, please contact me via our Secure Message Center at:

www.americanexpress.com/messagecenter

After logging in, simply click on the box “Compose A Message” and select “General Inquiries” for “Choose a Topic.” If you address your email to me – Beth/flyertalk – I will personally receive your email, review your account and respond directly to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for assistance. It is my pleasure to assist you.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Americanexpress.com is down again and has been down for me for at least 2 hours even for the mobile site. Unable to access my accounts. Also Canadian site is down also for account access.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Was able to get into the Canadian website not long ago (half-hour ago) to view my account and make sure all is well for the payment due date.

Sanosuke!
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
AMEX MR website goes in a never ending loop - IE problem, or is it a security issue?

Trying to access US AMEX website, logging in and reviewing accounts, making payments etc is no problem using Internet Explorer. However, as soon as I try to access the Membership Rewards pages, the web page goes into a loop and never opens. Tried this with several different computers and laptops, and the same problem persists if I am using Internet Explorer.

Is this an IE issue, or is this something to do with a security feature on AMEX website that does not allow access from overseas ISPs? (Later seems unlikely as the payment etc functions work well

Using Safari on Iphone works fine.

Have others experienced similar problems?
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
I've had the same problem when trying to view some of the MR pages.

However, I found that clicking the <view points summary> link from <your rewards. section on the Amex home page (after logging in) bypasses the bad page(s).

I just tried this while VPNing through India, with no probs...
Old Jan 4, 2010, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SQ PPS, NW G, Hilton and Marriott Silver
I am having the same issue as well but for many months now. I have called into the Customer Service rep and they did all the standard computer procedures: deleting cookies, adding americanexpress.com into the secure websites, allow third and first party cookies and I still have the same problem.

I tried going in through my AMEX summary page and also though the membershiprewards.com page and it bounces between the two pages in a neverending loop

https://www.membershiprewards.com/my...fHomePage.aspx

AND

https://www99.americanexpress.com/my...s.aspx&src=mrc
Old Jan 5, 2010, 9:00 pm

AMEX

Moderator - why was my post from yesterday no on the AMEX thread?
Old Jan 5, 2010, 9:34 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by quickfly
Moderator - why was my post from yesterday no on the AMEX thread?
When new members post with links, it goes into a queue for mod approval. The mods are unpaid volunteers, and sometimes it takes a little time to get to the mod queue. Regardless, we are happy to have you participating and hope that you continue to do so.

SanDiego1K
Senior Mod
Old Jan 6, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Not necessarily a browser-specific issue, I have had the same problem with Firefox and even Chrome.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:48 pm

I can confirm it is definitely not a browser-specific issue as the AMEX online rep made me download and bring up Firefox. They have logged the problem and I should be hearing back sometime????

Ironically, they do not have a pdf catalogue - only a physical catalogue which doesn't help me since I am overseas....
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
This only happens to me (the dreaded process redirect loop) when I am at work. It has to do with my corporate firewall or something of that nature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.