Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
Even if it is not feasible due to long queues at the airport, you are not covered by EC261... (though AF will most likely still book you on the next flight), given the frequency of both LON-CDG and CDG-BSL, you might want to opt for a longer connection.

It's the last flight in the evening from cdg to bsl . I would meet the required delay, if I miss it due to delays in LHR
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by want2fly4less
It's the last flight in the evening from cdg to bsl . I would meet the required delay, if I miss it due to delays in LHR
Delays on your LHR-CDG leg will of course mean that EC261 applies, but delays due to immigration queues means it won't, so you will end up having to pay for a night in Paris...
Old Sep 3, 2016, 1:52 pm

Non-schengen to US (2E to 2F): passport control?

My friend arrives at 2E from India and takes a flight to IAH from 2F. Does he pass through passport control? He does not carry schengen visa but only US visa. Ho does non-schengen to US flight work when flight lands at 2E and goes from 2F. he has 3 hours to make connection. Please advise.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by tiger015
My friend arrives at 2E from India and takes a flight to IAH from 2F. Does he pass through passport control? He does not carry schengen visa but only US visa. Ho does non-schengen to US flight work when flight lands at 2E and goes from 2F. he has 3 hours to make connection. Please advise.
No worries.

Your friend will arrive in and leave from 2E. No passport control.

2F for IAH flight is only for people originating from Paris who will check luggage in 2F but will walk to 2E for the rest of the trip.

Last edited by carnarvon; Sep 3, 2016 at 2:09 pm
Old Sep 3, 2016, 2:06 pm

Thanks! Just give one more clarification. Flightview website states that AF 696 which my friend is taking goes from 2F. Same is shown by Air France website. So does that mean there is only check in at 2F, and the flight actually departs from 2F?

Also, so my friend just has to clear security again right?

Thank you very much.

Originally Posted by carnarvon
No worries.

Your friend will arrive to and leave from 2E.

2F is only for people originating from Paris who will check luggage in 2F but will walk to 2E for the rest of the trip.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 2:24 pm

Thank you. Can you please inform if US bound flights depart from a particular hall in terminal 2 E? In particular, from where does AF 636 generally depart?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by tiger015
Thank you. Can you please inform if US bound flights depart from a particular hall in terminal 2 E? In particular, from where does AF 636 generally depart?
You cannot know in advance.

All flights can leave from either 3 piers K, L or M.

Today AF636 leaves from L.

Some rules about A380 though : départure from L or M only and M is closed in the afternoon.

But AF 636 is currently not operated with A380.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Gold
Hy,

I'll have only 60 min connection time. (Arriving from Budapest, and depart for Seoul). I've checked and Budapest flight's using terminal 2F, and the Seoul flight will depart from 2E. If the first flight landing on time, me (and my hold luggage) reach easily the the connection flight, or it will be impossible?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:32 pm

Hi all,

Trying to book an award ticket on American from Rome back to the US. There is nothing available, but I can book a ticket from CDG back home, and purchase a separate ticket on AF from FCO to CDG. Is the following connection advisable:

AF from FCO to CDG arriving terminal 2F at 08:55 (first flight of the day)
AA from CDG to DFW departing terminal 2A at 11:30 (2:35 connection)

Is there enough time to pick up my bags, walk to 2A, recheck, and go through all of the (multiple?) security and passport checks? I'm hopeful that because this is an early flight to CDG, it won't be as delayed as a later flight might be.

Thanks!

--Mark
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by DiverMark
(...) Is there enough time to pick up my bags, walk to 2A, recheck, and go through all of the (multiple?) security and passport checks? I'm hopeful that because this is an early flight to CDG, it won't be as delayed as a later flight might be.
It is far too risky.

FCO flight can be delayed, there can be an impromptu passport check upon arrival because of the state of emergency, luggage can take time to arrive.

Then you have to walk to 2A. It is not THAT far, but adds to the bill.

Better spend the night in CDG. There are plenty of hotels.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by carnarvon
It is far too risky.

FCO flight can be delayed, there can be an impromptu passport check upon arrival because of the state of emergency, luggage can take time to arrive.

Then you have to walk to 2A. It is not THAT far, but adds to the bill.

Better spend the night in CDG. There are plenty of hotels.
Agreed.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Agreed.
Thanks for the advice. It looks like there are some reasonably priced hotels near CDG, and if we come in the night before, not only will we sleep better, but we won't have to get up so early!

--Mark
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I thought this was plenty of time but after reading the last few posts, now I'm not so sure.

Husband is flying GOA-CDG, arriving at 2G at 1425. I will already be in Paris, and we are flying out together to LHR at 1640 from 2A. No checked bags, but I don't think he will have a boarding pass (he is on separate bookings).

Is 2:15 enough time from 2G to 2A or should we play it safe and take the next flight at 2030? I hate to wait that long if it isn't necessary. Can he stay airside and get his BA boarding pass there and I can just meet him at the gate? Or will he have to exit and meet me somewhere landside and I will bring his BP? If landside, where should we plan to meet?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Finkface
I thought this was plenty of time but after reading the last few posts, now I'm not so sure.

Husband is flying GOA-CDG, arriving at 2G at 1425. I will already be in Paris, and we are flying out together to LHR at 1640 from 2A. No checked bags, but I don't think he will have a boarding pass (he is on separate bookings).

Is 2:15 enough time from 2G to 2A or should we play it safe and take the next flight at 2030? I hate to wait that long if it isn't necessary. Can he stay airside and get his BA boarding pass there and I can just meet him at the gate? Or will he have to exit and meet me somewhere landside and I will bring his BP? If landside, where should we plan to meet?
If your husband doesn't have a BP, he won't be able to stay airside to go to 2A. And AF won't give him a BA BP. Can he do OLCI ? If not, no other choice than go landside and check-in at BA counters.
For your connection time, should be OK but of course there is always a risk. Keep in mind that 2G and 2A are quite far away.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
If your husband doesn't have a BP, he won't be able to stay airside to go to 2A. And AF won't give him a BA BP. Can he do OLCI ? If not, no other choice than go landside and check-in at BA counters.
For your connection time, should be OK but of course there is always a risk. Keep in mind that 2G and 2A are quite far away.
I can do OLCI for him but he won't have a smart phone or access to a printer. Unless I can figure out a way for him to print his BP in his tiny little town in Italy the day before. I'll check it out. If he is checked in, what happens if he 'loses' his BP as he is walking over? Is there no place to get one reprinted airside if he is already checked in, like at the gate? Does he still have to go landside?

With the great info in this thread, I saw that there is a shuttle ride from 2G-2F and then the long walk to 2A but I still thought +2h would be enough until I read the last few posts. He is a fast walker with no bags so even if I can't get him a BP and he has to go landside, it is still possible?

We are on an Avios award to LHR, continuing on a flight out from LHR the following afternoon so worst case scenario, I change him to the 2030 flight if I see he isn't going to make it, or the 0715 the following morning. Or buy him a cash ticket on AF at 1800 and plead with BA not to cancel his onward flight the next day.

Edit: He can print a BP either at the library in his little town (at least that's what I am reading with my rusty Italian) or he can go to a friend's office. So it looks like we'll be good as long as he isn't delayed a lot and he walks fast?

Last edited by Finkface; Oct 11, 2016 at 10:27 am Reason: Added info on printing a BP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.