Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

Given how many people are having issues pulling up PNRs or figuring out why they can't change seats, etc., I did some searching. Amadeus is used by so many airlines, there are actually some interesting data sources available.

As such, I've cobbled some stuff together.

https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Enter your booking reference and last name, and you'll get a nice little screen of information. I promise I am not logging anything.

Here's an example that shows the type of information available. I continue to work to add more data.

As usual with this stuff, I make no guarantees it will work now or ever. If it fails once, just refresh. If it keeps failing and you want to help improve it, PM me the booking reference and last name.

I'm also happy to take requests for other data you might want to see.

Last edited by canadiancow; Jan 30, 2023 at 10:52 pm Reason: Updates
Old Feb 1, 2020, 1:41 am

Since AC has now migrated to Amadeus, logically we should be able to pull up our PNRs using checkmytrip right?

Anyone else experiencing pre-Amadeus bookings that cannot be found using the new Amadeus PNR on checkmytrip?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If this just gets buried in here while also proving to be useful enough, I'll make a new thread.

But given how many people are having issues pulling up PNRs or figuring out why they can't change seats, etc., I did some searching. Amadeus is used by so many airlines, there are actually some interesting and open data sources available.

As such, I've cobbled a some stuff together.

https://api.ft.canadiancow.com/pnr/p...3&lastName=Cow

Replace the booking reference and last name with your own details, and you'll get a nice little screen of information. I promise I am not logging anything.

Here's one example, showing I have a TK segment, which explains why I can't do anything on AC's site (I need to call again ):

Here's another where the first segment has a stop (I've always found it a pain to get those details).

As usual with this stuff, I make no guarantees it will work now or ever. If it fails once, just refresh. If it keeps failing and you want to help, PM me the booking ref and last name.

I'm also happy to take requests for other data you might want to see. Seat selections, etc.

An error occurred. Check your input and try again (and yes I used real data)
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:43 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If this just gets buried in here while also proving to be useful enough, I'll make a new thread.

But given how many people are having issues pulling up PNRs or figuring out why they can't change seats, etc., I did some searching. Amadeus is used by so many airlines, there are actually some interesting and open data sources available.

As such, I've cobbled a some stuff together.

https://api.ft.canadiancow.com/pnr/p...3&lastName=Cow

Replace the booking reference and last name with your own details, and you'll get a nice little screen of information. I promise I am not logging anything.

Here's one example, showing I have a TK segment, which explains why I can't do anything on AC's site (I need to call again ):

Here's another where the first segment has a stop (I've always found it a pain to get those details).

As usual with this stuff, I make no guarantees it will work now or ever. If it fails once, just refresh. If it keeps failing and you want to help, PM me the booking ref and last name.

I'm also happy to take requests for other data you might want to see. Seat selections, etc.
Thanks, cow

I think this may be worthy of its own thread.

Have you spent any time playing around on other airlines' sites to see whether it's possible to use, let's say, the LH site to accept the change and move a segment back from TK to HK?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OttawaMark
An error occurred. Check your input and try again (and yes I used real data)
I believe you ... but as another data point, it's working fine for me.

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Thanks, cow

I think this may be worthy of its own thread.
Seconded, on both points.

Have you spent any time playing around on other airlines' sites to see whether it's possible to use, let's say, the LH site to accept the change and move a segment back from TK to HK?
We don't need cow to answer that question ... I also have a flight in TK state, and so I just tried on lufthansa.com. No joy.

Meanwhile, I assume the cow's using the Amadeus self-serve APIs (awesome find, BTW), and those appear to all be read-only - so a great way to find information out, but AFAIK no changes can be made without using the Enterprise APIs - which require dollars and permission to access.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Works here too. One difference: should say "Scottmr" on the name line. At lest it does for me...
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
Works here too. One difference: should say "Scottmr" on the name line. At lest it does for me...
Interesting. My name displays in the same format (full name, with a space, and no embedded "mr") that cow's example is.

BTW, I just called in to AC to get my locked ticket, unlocked. Hit refresh on cow's tool as soon as the agent made the change, and the TK had changed to HK in real time. Which is, perhaps, not surprising .... but useful confirmation that there does not appear to be any delay in the API.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:27 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canopus27
We don't need cow to answer that question ... I also have a flight in TK state, and so I just tried on lufthansa.com. No joy.
Tried any others?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:27 am

Tried any others?
Have you?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:36 am

OK, I've now tried Lufthansa, United, Nippon (all whom are star and use Amadeus), Delta (who use Amadeus but are not Star), and Swiss (who don't use Amadeus but are Star) .... and none let me access my ticket. Can't say I'm surprised ... but I tried.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Works for me.

Only quick comment is that the fare basis doesn't show the discount extension (I'm sure there is some industry term idk). H3Q9CO vs H3Q9CO/8N15.

Saudia shows this, so just another mapping to add?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
OK, I've now tried Lufthansa, United, Nippon (all whom are star and use Amadeus), Delta (who use Amadeus but are not Star), and Swiss (who don't use Amadeus but are Star) .... and none let me access my ticket. Can't say I'm surprised ... but I tried.
To be fair I was trying to look up a WS reservation (I believe WS use Amadeus).
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by OttawaMark
To be fair I was trying to look up a WS reservation (I believe WS use Amadeus).
WS does not use Amadeus. They use Sabre.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
United does not use Amadeus. They use SHARES.

Delta does not use
Amadeus. They have their own internal system.

SWISS migrated to Amadeus some years ago.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Please note these posts were carved out of the master Amadeus communications issues thread.

tcook052
AC forum mod.
painintheuk and canopus27 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.