Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by yorkz80
Anyone else running into recent issues with booking ineligible fare classes? I understand there's a fare chart and the last three flights that my travel agent booked for me were not eligible for points accrual but this just seems very strange. Not just because the fare classes in question (Brussels Business (P), Adria (S), and Brussels (L)) were far from inexpensive but this hasn't happened to me in the last three years of using M&B and all the sudden when I'm one flight away from re-qualifying (for 2017) I can't seem to get there.

Strange...
I'd suggest you either change your TA or talk to him/her and try to explain that you need a miles-earning fare class. (S)he can't be that incompetent...
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:59 am

Anyone else running into recent issues with booking ineligible fare classes? I understand there's a fare chart and the last three flights that my travel agent booked for me were not eligible for points accrual but this just seems very strange. Not just because the fare classes in question (Brussels Business (P), Adria (S), and Brussels (L)) were far from inexpensive but this hasn't happened to me in the last three years of using M&B and all the sudden when I'm one flight away from re-qualifying (for 2017) I can't seem to get there.

Strange...
If they are any good at their job they will have a link to the earning chart and a memo in your profile that alerts them that they are not to book such non earning classes when booking your flights. Either they are lazy or they do not know their product. Both equally frustrating.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:25 am

Strange...
The Lufthansa group does now want our business. They know that their product can't hold a candle to A3's. So the non-earning on LH, LX, OS, and SN is a clear message. Heed it, if you can.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by sokolov
The Lufthansa group does now want our business. They know that their product can't hold a candle to A3's. So the non-earning on LH, LX, OS, and SN is a clear message. Heed it, if you can.
True.. and with exorbitant prices on LH and OS, or SN already starting to charge for luggage, drinks - what difference is it between them and a flight on Ryanair? Of them, (intra-European ) only LX still makes a bit of sense...
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by sokolov
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
True.. and with exorbitant prices on LH and OS, or SN already starting to charge for luggage, drinks - what difference is it between them and a flight on Ryanair? Of them, (intra-European ) only LX still makes a bit of sense...
I too try to avoid LH Group as much as possible. That does not always work, as I'm based in ZRH. But as I fly for leisure only, I just go somewhere else.

In recent times I'm shifting my 2-3 long hauls to North Asia per year to oneworld (mostly JL and CX) and thought about flying oneworld Intra-Europe a little bit, but in the case of British Airways I unfortunately discovered that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

I'm just in the early stages of familiarizing myself with BA and their FFP but if I got this correctly from the BA forum, on BA's HBO fares you can't even select a seat (without a fee) at OLCI, but they allocate a seat to you randomly! Unbelievable but true, even with FR and U2 you can choose a seat for free at OLCI. So BA managed to even make LH Group look good, as you can change your seat at OLCI on LH Group's HBO fares and LH*G can select seats in advance for free.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
I choose LH as a last resort now. Their strikes and poor product does nothing to entice me to choose them over other carriers. Swiss are still pretty decent although some of the changes down the back are very LCC.They certainly are the better brand in the LH group though.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
I choose LH as a last resort now. Their strikes and poor product does nothing to entice me to choose them over other carriers. Swiss are still pretty decent although some of the changes down the back are very LCC.They certainly are the better brand in the LH group though.
While intra-European their catering doesn't come even close to A3 in both classes (only OS does in business), they do have at times surprisingly good deals as well. Even right now in the mileage deals forum, flights in C to IST from ZRH for about 100 euro r/t. That won't even get you in the cheapest booking class on LH for a simple flight to Germany...
Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:54 pm

Whilst its been a while since I did DUB-ZRH-ATH in J with LX I used to have meals that were far superior to A3 if I am totally honest. Actually need to book them again to see how they are these days. The LX meals in J were a highlight on my flights with them. I used to fly them a lot back in the BD/DC MR run days. Of course back then they booked into J and you got near 8K for EUR300.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:20 pm

Not wanting to go too much off topic, but last times on LX to CPH/AMS I was seriously uninpressed by getting just a small plate of cold cuts and inedible veggies for lunch. Good wines and friendly service though.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Whilst its been a while since I did DUB-ZRH-ATH in J with LX I used to have meals that were far superior to A3 if I am totally honest. Actually need to book them again to see how they are these days. The LX meals in J were a highlight on my flights with them. I used to fly them a lot back in the BD/DC MR run days. Of course back then they booked into J and you got near 8K for EUR300.
Just flew business with LX. It was fine, but I have to say, we are sooooo spoiled with A3 :P The food was ok, not something to shout about. Coffee was the same thing you get in economy (no espresso). A3's food is a cut above, no doubt about it. FA was super nice, talking to everyone (also some sentences in Greek with a great accent for Swiss native!). Of course, you get that with A3 FAs too.

Price was super cheap (company paid for light fare, and I paid 56 euros for the upgrade- first time I ever paid for C in my life :P).
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:32 am

Turkish Earning Info for A3
"*U, O and A Classes are also applied as promotional discounted classes within Turkish domestic routes with no mileage accrual
** This applies only on Turkish domestic flights (flight numbers 2000-2999).
Note:Miles cannot be earned in booking classes: O, I, R, X, N, G, W, P, Z. "

This is a bit confusing, so I wanted to double check.
Would an international flight NA-Europe in O (comfort class) earn miles? The A3 table seems to list it as 100%, but the note below then negates it. Is the O class non-earning fare for a domestic route only?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:45 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by znke252
Turkish Earning Info for A3
"*U, O and A Classes are also applied as promotional discounted classes within Turkish domestic routes with no mileage accrual
** This applies only on Turkish domestic flights (flight numbers 2000-2999).
Note:Miles cannot be earned in booking classes: O, I, R, X, N, G, W, P, Z. "

This is a bit confusing, so I wanted to double check.
Would an international flight NA-Europe in O (comfort class) earn miles? The A3 table seems to list it as 100%, but the note below then negates it. Is the O class non-earning fare for a domestic route only?
I think this is an error in the text below the earning table, because that same text also refers to earning ceasing on Thai's low-cost subsidiary - and the non-earning classes listed correspond exactly to those for TG. It's almost certain that someone has cut & pasted from the wrong place.

I would expect you'll earn at 100%, but it might be worth a call to A3 to get the query confirmed and on record in case you need some comeback.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 7:39 am

Accuring Miles from Air China Flight

Hi guys,

Would like some advice on accruing miles on M&B from an Air China Flight.

I am looking at this flight (Class L) on the Air China website.

From the M&B website, the accrual factor for Class L on Air China is 100%. The same goes for Krisflyer too.

The Air China FFP earns 75%, according to here.

However, while reviewing the fare rules as I was trying to make a booking on the Air China website, it states:

Economy Superdeal
Booking classes: S/T/L, [...] Miles: S/T: 50%; L: 25%
As the stated accrual factor (25%) is quite different than that stated on the FFP page, I was wondering whether I would be getting 100% on M&B / Krisflyer?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:54 am

Hello A3 forum,

I'd like to check with you: I have an SQ itinerary booked in P/Y/P/P, and I have successfully upgraded the Y segment to business. Can anybody confirm this segment will earn the Y miles?

Thank you!
Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I'd like to check with you: I have an SQ itinerary booked in P/Y/P/P, and I have successfully upgraded the Y segment to business. Can anybody confirm this segment will earn the Y miles?!
Yes, it should, but you may have to do an on-line retrocredit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.