Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2015, 5:50 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Reason077
Is there some reason why A3 would intentionally be so wildly different from other *A partners when it comes to LH premium economy?
It'll be a commercial agreement none of us is party to - A3 has actually been reasonably good at updating earning charts recently after some snafus, so I wouldn't be particularly optimistic that this isn't deliberate.

Trying to cross-reference earnings across FFP's and hoping to find a correlation is something that would probably severely tax Albert Einstein! As an example, A3 gives more miles for AC J cabin than Aeroplan does ... now work that one out .
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Reason077
I have an upcoming booking on Lufthansa in discounted premium economy, booking class N.

So, I'm a little concerned about this statement in the Miles+Bonus earnings chart for LH:

"Note: Miles cannot be earned in booking classes: O, I, X, R, N, L, T, E, K, P"
I never did get a reply to my enquiries with Aegean customer service (grrr!), but I am pleased to note that the Miles+Bonus earnings chart for LH has recently been updated.

Effective 26/10/2015, LH N class earns 100% miles on International flights. The other LH Premium Economy fare classes (G, E) now earn 150%.

This update brings Miles+Bonus more or less into line with other *A programmes for LH earning on international flights.

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu.../all-airlines/
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:41 pm

In Aegean claim missing miles the following message appears

053-Your request has not been processed as the missing miles’ claim period has expired.

Does it mean i cannot claim the miles any more?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:00 am

If I'm not wrong, miles can be claimed within a 6 month period. The message clearly says that you're late and can no longer claim. Of course, if your flight was recent, there are two possibilities: either you filled in the wrong date (careful: A3 uses the European system, i.e. day/month) or there is a bug in their system. I'=n either of these cases, I'd call them.

Last edited by KLouis; Nov 17, 2015 at 1:08 am
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
If I'm not wrong, miles can be claimed within a 6 month period. The massage clearly says that you're late and can no longer claim. Of course, if your flight was recent, there are two possibilities: either you filled in the wrong date (careful: A3 uses the European system, i.e. day/month) or there is a bug in their system. I'=n either of these cases, I'd call them.
Flight was about a month ago, that's why i was surprised by the message.
I will email them first cause they usually have a 45 day delay on their call center :P
Old Dec 6, 2015, 12:38 pm

deleted

Last edited by flyer05; Dec 6, 2015 at 5:46 pm
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:22 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I looked through some codeshare tickets from last year trying to make some kind of mapping between LH and A3 booking classes. Most of my tickets were in the same classes, so I have found only three variations so far. Would it be worth it to set up a separate topic where people can contribute to a fare class mapping between A3 and codeshare partners?

Ticket issued —> Credited by M+B
LH V —> A3 L
LH W —> A3 K
A3 Q —> LH H
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:43 pm

If this is handled anything like codeshares between UA and AC, such mappings are mostly pointless. It depends on the route, too, and may change without notice.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LCAH Gold
Does any one know how many miles can I get for SAS economy premium for flight with with stopover (OSL - ALF and BGO - BOO, both with stopover in TOS)? As flight numbers don't change I assume it is 1200 for route (not leg), but I want to be sure.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I looked through some codeshare tickets from last year trying to make some kind of mapping between LH and A3 booking classes. Most of my tickets were in the same classes, so I have found only three variations so far. Would it be worth it to set up a separate topic where people can contribute to a fare class mapping between A3 and codeshare partners?

Ticket issued —> Credited by M+B
LH V —> A3 L
LH W —> A3 K
A3 Q —> LH H
To be honest very random and subject to the individual fare construction. A slight difference in flight/date can throw the whole booking class into another bucket. Noticed that myself on my LH/A3 flights this year.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AB Gold
Fare class P earning on LX marketed flight operated by TG?

Hello,

I have done some searching but couldn't find the answer so far. I don't quite understand how code-share flights work in Star Alliance.

I am planing to book a ticket with LX from CDG to BKK in C via LH website. One segment (ZRH-BKK) will be operated by TG. According to the website, the fare base of this leg is P which if operated by LX, credits 150% to Miles and Bonus. On the contrary, since this segment is operated by TG which credits 300% for P class to Miles and Bonus, which mileage will I get since it is the LX coded flight operated by TG?

I have read that the mileage accrual depends on the operating carrier but still not sure how it would work in this case.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:15 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by SilverFlight168
Hello,

I have done some searching but couldn't find the answer so far. I don't quite understand how code-share flights work in Star Alliance.

I am planing to book a ticket with LX from CDG to BKK in C via LH website. One segment (ZRH-BKK) will be operated by TG. According to the website, the fare base of this leg is P which if operated by LX, credits 150% to Miles and Bonus. On the contrary, since this segment is operated by TG which credits 300% for P class to Miles and Bonus, which mileage will I get since it is the LX coded flight operated by TG?

I have read that the mileage accrual depends on the operating carrier but still not sure how it would work in this case.
You will receive what code P maps to with TG. Quite what that is is anyone's guess, but given P is a Business Class fare with LX it will map to one of the TG Business Class buckets.

The good news is that currently all Business Class tickets with TG earn at 200%, so whatever the mapping is you should actually gain compared to your expectation of LX J-class earnings.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by SilverFlight168
I am planing to book a ticket with LX from CDG to BKK in C via LH website. One segment (ZRH-BKK) will be operated by TG. According to the website, the fare base of this leg is P which if operated by LX, credits 150% to Miles and Bonus.
Are you sure, that the LX codeshare on TG books in P-cl? Usually P-cl with LX is only available on its own flights, not on codeshares.

P-cl on LX will credit only 100% miles on M&B, not 150%. And P-cl on TG is a discounted first class.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AB Gold
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Are you sure, that the LX codeshare on TG books in P-cl? Usually P-cl with LX is only available on its own flights, not on codeshares.

P-cl on LX will credit only 100% miles on M&B, not 150%. And P-cl on TG is a discounted first class.
According to the LH website it shows P for both CDG-ZRH op.by LX and ZRH-BKK op.by TG (lowest business class fare). I think P class here will be translated to another fare class on TG flight as I have read through this forum that S class on LX marketed flight is converted to W on SQ operated (code-share).

As many of you say, better avoid code-share lol
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: Miles & More, Executive Club, American Express Membership Rewards
Ineligible Fare Classes

Anyone else running into recent issues with booking ineligible fare classes? I understand there's a fare chart and the last three flights that my travel agent booked for me were not eligible for points accrual but this just seems very strange. Not just because the fare classes in question (Brussels Business (P), Adria (S), and Brussels (L)) were far from inexpensive but this hasn't happened to me in the last three years of using M&B and all the sudden when I'm one flight away from re-qualifying (for 2017) I can't seem to get there.

Strange...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.