Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Le Club Accorhotels is changing from 2017.

What we know so far:

Membership year:
- the membership year will change to calendar year, i.e. 1 January - 31 December
- any status achieved in 2016 will be carried forward until 31 December 2017

- there will be a distinction between reward points and the new status points
- status points can only be earned through hotel stays and related expenditure
- status points are not subject to the accelerator and will be earned at a rate of 25 points/ 10 Euro in most cases (12.5 in case of ibis and ibis styles, 10 Adagio and 5 at Adagio Access)
- Points remain valid for life, if an eligible stay is realized in the past 12 months (rolling year)

Status thresholds:
- to account for the lower earning rates of status points threshold for status have been lowered: 2,000 for silver, 7,000 for gold and 14,000 for platinum
- night requirements remain unchanged
- status is dependent on status points or nights, not both

Perks:
- no change

Redemptions:
- no change

The official website: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/new-rules-status.shtml Accorhotels have announced that an official communication to all members will issue around 7 April.

Issues still to be resolved:
- Accor Plus membership
Print Wikipost

New programme details from 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by cwl
The non automatic provision of a physical card seems to have already started. My status renewed at the end of April but no card received, instead the option to request a card appeared in my online profile.
It's the same for me, and my renewal was at the end of Jan. I kept using the expired one and no hotel has mentioned anything about it yet, to the point where I've forgotten about the new card until I read this post.
Old May 25, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by sycokid
Just checked on mine which had status renewal in March but unfortunately my account shows this ! Valid until: 29/03/2017 Once again NO CONSISTENCY WITHIN THE ACCOR GROUP !!
Following on from this ,I now note that my validity date has changed to 15/05/2015 from 29/03/2017 Not at all sure why this would be unless it is actually running parallel alongside the number of nights I have within the yearly period which states 66 which will then be altered accordingly at the end of this month 05 = May
Has everyone's status been upgraded to the end of 2017 then ?
Old May 25, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by sycokid
Has everyone's status been upgraded to the end of 2017 then ?
I renewed plat back in Jan (based on both points and nights), and my status has 31/12/2017 as the expiry date.
Old May 26, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
I renewed plat back in Jan (based on both points and nights), and my status has 31/12/2017 as the expiry date.
Thanks for that info . I too renewed plat both via points and nights in March ,God I hate the inconsistency of this company !
Old May 26, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
My status expires December 2016, no extension
Old May 27, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Is there anyway to officially know how much points that I still short to regain my Platinum and by when?
Old May 27, 2016, 12:42 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lingua101
Is there anyway to officially know how much points that I still short to regain my Platinum and by when?
Million Dollar question. Officially, no.
You can however add them yourself by reviewing history and adding them up.
Old May 27, 2016, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Million Dollar question. Officially, no.
You can however add them yourself by reviewing history and adding them up.
Yeah that one I know. But why it is so difficult for Accor to add that info?
Old May 27, 2016, 7:55 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Yeah that one I know. But why it is so difficult for Accor to add that info?
I have been told they will look into it, but that it isn't a priority. (It has been more than a year since I last mentioned it). I guess they don't understand how important it actually is.
Old May 28, 2016, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I have been told they will look into it, but that it isn't a priority. (It has been more than a year since I last mentioned it). I guess they don't understand how important it actually is.
I do not get it how this is not in Accor priority. I think this is become more important from next year as not all points counted toward elite status. Not really sure how they said this is not in their priority list.

I do not know why they have to show number of stays as this number not important at all.
Old May 29, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
I do not get it how this is not in Accor priority...

I do not know why they have to show number of stays as this number not important at all.
Because Accor employees don't stay at their properties as guests who have to collect points/nights to qualify for status
Old May 31, 2016, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by FGunawan
Because Accor employees don't stay at their properties as guests who have to collect points/nights to qualify for status
this is a good one

My current A+ and Platinum will end of 30-Sep-2016. However, I got 3025 from 1-Aug-2015 to 3-Sep-2015.

My question if I earn 25,000 points by 31-Jul-2016, will I be requalified as Platinum?

If I have to continue 1-Oct-2015 to 20-Sep-2016, I will have to waste my 3025 points.

Any idea?
Old May 31, 2016, 1:56 am
Suspended

Does someone know with the new program if points earned above Plat threshold will be rolled for the next calendar year ?
Old May 31, 2016, 9:22 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jeff_
Does someone know [...] if points earned above Plat threshold will be rolled for the next calendar year ?
There's been nothing to indicate that this is planned. I would find it very surprising.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by IMH
I would find it very surprising.
Why ? Some airlines are doing it above a certain number.
But, you are right saying that at the moment it doesn't seem to be planned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.