Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WestJet to purchase Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WestJet to purchase Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by 5mm

I like this style of table. I find better than any other style.
I agree. Even when it's "tucked away", you can still use it for something small like a drink, magazine, etc....
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by aerobod

Not really anything I’ve seen that is much different, it isn’t anything the airlines can change, it is dependent on the seat manufacturer’s certification for various protrusion and g-force requirements.
Cathay's seats have a much better design. Especially the A350. No reason WS (or AC) couldn't have selected an alternative manufacturer and customized their own except cost.

https://the-mileonaire.com/en/cathay-pacific-a350-business-class/

Side table for drinks and the IFE can be extended for taxi takeoff and landing, or retracted for sleep.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:59 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Cathay's seats have a much better design. Especially the A350. No reason WS (or AC) couldn't have selected an alternative manufacturer and customized their own except cost.

https://the-mileonaire.com/en/cathay...usiness-class/

Side table for drinks and the IFE can be extended for taxi takeoff and landing, or retracted for sleep.
I find AC, therefor WS seat a lot better than CX. I guess it’s more of a personal choice.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
The tray table shouldn't get in the way, it slides and folds away, the same as on the Air Canada 787s, as they both use the same B/E Aerospace pods.
If you sleep on your side, I can assure you that the table will get in the way any time you try to turn over (I'm 6' and 180 lbs.)

Can't believe any airline still buys this configuration.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by The Lev
If you sleep on your side, I can assure you that the table will get in the way any time you try to turn over (I'm 6' and 180 lbs.)

Can't believe any airline still buys this configuration.
I didn’t find it a problem when I tried the seats out when we had the two viable pod offerings, during the manufacturer bake-off. Definitely throughly evaluated the seats, along with a hundred or so other people who also filled out the evaluation survey.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn’t find it a problem when I tried the seats out when we had the two viable pod offerings, during the manufacturer bake-off. Definitely throughly evaluated the seats, along with a hundred or so other people who also filled out the evaluation survey.
Lots of complaints about people hitting the table when sleeping on the AC forum.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:26 pm

Lots of complaints about people hitting the table when sleeping on the AC forum.
if the table is properly stowed, there is over 30cm under the table and shelf it is stowed under, above the seat/bed surface, I can imagine someone bringing their knees up when rolling over or if they sleep with a pillow between their knees hitting the table, but not rolling over with straight legs. When on my side with legs on top of each other, I had 10cm or so above my legs to the shelf.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:43 pm
5mm
Suspended

I have a 36 inseam. I have no problems with the table. I don't think these complaints are legit.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan

if the table is properly stowed, there is over 30cm under the table and shelf it is stowed under, above the seat/bed surface, I can imagine someone bringing their knees up when rolling over or if they sleep with a pillow between their knees hitting the table, but not rolling over with straight legs. When on my side with legs on top of each other, I had 10cm or so above my legs to the shelf.
While I don't have direct experience with the AC J pods, 30 cm doesn't sound like a lot of clearance to me while rolling over. Those of us with large thighs aren't necessarily going to find it comfy. Oh well, it still sounds much nicer than being crammed in to a 17" wide seat in the back. Maybe one day...
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:12 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by smallmj
While I don't have direct experience with the AC J pods, 30 cm doesn't sound like a lot of clearance to me while rolling over. Those of us with large thighs aren't necessarily going to find it comfy. Oh well, it still sounds much nicer than being crammed in to a 17" wide seat in the back. Maybe one day...
Pods are not suppose to be racket courts.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
They should be reading and not sleeping on the AC forum then.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a relatively long torso and find that the table (when properly stowed) is very close to my hips. I can get one finger in between my body and the table - so yes I fit when lying there but when I try to roll over I guess I lift my body slightly and hit the table.

Originally Posted by 5mm
I have a 36 inseam. I have no problems with the table. I don't think these complaints are legit.
Just because you don't have a problem with it, I'd thank you for not assuming that the concerns of others are not "legit". You are being rather presumptuous.
arf04 and mellon like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: AC 35k
789 turns

Interestingly, WS is keeping a 789 on YYC-YYZ this summer. That's cool, but curious how that is possible with daily LGW and the other frame going to CDG or DUB?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
Interestingly WS is keeping a 789 on YYC-YYZ this summer. That's cool, but curious how that is possible with daily LGW and the other frame going to CDG or DUB?
A total of three frames will be flying from YYC to Europe but not sure why it’s even needed to be in YYZ this summer.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by YYCguy
A total of three frames will be flying from YYC to Europe but not sure why it’s even needed to be in YYZ this summer.

YYC-YYZ is their busiest domestic route, between their largest hubs. I can see why they would, and that probably means a winter 789 is likely. They have run the 767-300 on this route in winter since they got 'em. Just wondering how they are pulling it off with only 3 frames.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.