Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Lounge Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by Simontony
I heard I cannot use Air NZ lounge at AUK Intl. Is this so and if so why is this the case?
Also Air New Zealand don't have a lounge at Alakanuk Airport.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: VA Gold; QF Platinum!!; Hhonors Diamond
All is not lost - I can use the Emporer Lounge thanks to my ANZ Travel Card!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:31 am

Lounge Access for VA Gold on codeshare flights

G'day Frequent Flyers,

Due to a series of postings within and outside of Australia and a long 3 years separated from my Fiancée I recently acquired velocity Gold status.

We will be flying overseas on our honeymoon soon are trying to work out the following;

1. Flying from Melbourne to Abu Dhabi on Etihad - do we have access to a lounge at Melbourne Intl? The Velocity Intl Lounge Access website says we have access to Air New Zealand's Lounge? Is that correct?

2. Flying from Abu Dhabi to Rome on an Etihad flight that is operated by Alitalia, will we have access to the Etihad lounge in Abu Dhabi?

3. Flying from Barcelona to Amsterdam on an Etihad flight operated by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - is there lounge access available in Barcelona?

4. Flying from Schipol Airport to Abu Dhabi on an Etihad flight operated by KLM, lounge access at Schipol?

5. Finally, Etihad from Abu Dhabi back to to Melbourne - lounge access at Abu Dhabi with Etihad?

I'd booked all these flights through Etihad as I wanted lounge access for our honeymoon, I only then realized that half the flights aren't actually operated by a Velocity partner airline. Does the code share therefore give me access regardless?

Grateful for any advice. Cheers
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
I know i'm thick and stupid at times... Is there a quick and easy link on how to setup family pooling?
For the life of me I cant find any instructions on how to do it

Last edited by LordTentacle; Dec 20, 2014 at 3:52 am
Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Log into your Velocity account and it should be listed as one of the "My Benefits" options.

Other than that, click here (after logging on): http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com...ing/index.html
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:12 pm

I see from the VA website that VA Golds get to take in a non-travelling guest into domestic VA lounges.

Does anyone know if VA Silver passes can be used to bring in a non-travelling guest accompanying a VA Silver travelling on VA?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do not believe so - although entry is possible for $65.

If you feel like going around in circles, please check here: http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en.../lounge/#entry
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:34 pm

A (sort of) lounge related question.

I'm due to fly (Business class) HBA-MEL-SYD (737 and E190, if that matters) later in the year. I'm booked on one ticket with a 45min connection in MEL.

I've read that MEL is before security screening.

Assuming both flights are on time, will I have enough time to go to the lounge (and enough time to be worth it)?

Will be VA Silver by then, and taking these flights to get to VA Gold (ie two VA flights).

On another note...still no update on when we might see a VA lounge in HBA...
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:05 pm

I just booked AKL-SIN on SQ and SIN-AKL on NZ through the AirNZ website. I imagine as VA Gold, I don't have any lounge access because I booked the flights with the opposite operating carriers to what I would need to get in through their partner agreements. Is that correct?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a security screening directly from the lounge to the pier that most SYD flight depart from.

If all on time you'll get at least 10 lounge minutes.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, SW Preferred, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Etihad Gold Elite
Flying Virgin Australia: LAX-SYD-CHC

Heres the question:

Im ticketed on Virgin Australia from LAX-SYD-CHC in economy. (SYD-CHC is on Air New Zealand)

I have Star Alliance Gold and Etihad Gold.

Virgin Australia utilizes the Star Alliance lounge for Intl Departures in TBIT. I know if this was Air New Zealand ticket, I would be fine for the star alliance lounge. But since this is VA- Will i still have access?

And can i use the NZ lounge in SYD with my star gold access?

I bring up my Etihad gold because they are partners with Virgin Australia and recognize their status. A status benefit written says lounge access. But since this isn't a Virgin Australia Lounge in LAX or SYD, I am not sure..

Help!!

Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL PM
I will be flying LAX-BNE-SYD on VA, all business class, and will have about 14 hours in BNE. Will I have access to the VA lounge in BNE?

I was hoping to take a shower and have breakfast in the lounge, and then take a day tour of Brisbane prior to departing for SYD.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kamadzu4
I was hoping to take a shower and have breakfast in the lounge, and then take a day tour of Brisbane prior to departing for SYD.
You should have no problem doing this; enjoy.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
NZ AKL Int access using EY/AB

I've got a VA ticketed and operated flight in Y AKL-MEL. I've got both AB and EY Gold, but from what I understand I won't have lounge access at AKL. Is someone able to clarify?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
... Is someone able to clarify?
That would likely be the case - you would need at least VA or NZ gold status if on a VA marketed flight.

AB do not list VA as a partner and EY indicate an EY flight is required.

Last edited by serfty; Jun 29, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.