Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Lounge Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by Raynz
I'm flying Virgin Atlantic, SYD-LHR. As Velocity Gold, do I have access to the Virgin Atlanticc arrivals lounge in Heathrow? Can't find any information. Virgin Atlantic's own gold members have access.
I believe access is based on you flying in Upper Class and not on any FF status.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by Dianne47
I've performed searches and cannot find an answer to my question. I'm flying LAX-BNE-PQQ on a DL award, bizclass transpac and economy BNE-PQQ, no bizclass on that aircraft (ATR72). No status.

When arriving BNE, I understand I will transfer to the domestic terminal and there is a VA lounge there. Where can I take a shower on arrival, is there an arrival lounge with showers? And I assume I will be able to access the VA domestic lounge, is that correct?
Similar story here - no status, flying LAX - HTI via BNE in J, canoot figure out from the top of this thread or the VA website if I can access the VA lounge at BNE.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dgwright99
Similar story here - no status, flying LAX - HTI via BNE in J, canoot figure out from the top of this thread or the VA website if I can access the VA lounge at BNE.
With a J ticket you shouldn't have any problem:

http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en...lounge-access/

I know the link says international but it lists the Brisbane lounge in there
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: VA Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cssaus

I believe access is based on you flying in Upper Class and not on any FF status.
Yeah they didn't let me in. Only Upper Class and their own Flying club golds.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by Raynz
Yeah they didn't let me in. Only Upper Class and their own Flying club golds.
This is set out at the bottom of VFF's lounge access page:

"Excludes access to Revivals Lounge at Heathrow Airport, London."

http://www.velocityrewards.com.au/co...cess/index.htm
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by dgwright99
Similar story here - no status, flying LAX - HTI via BNE in J, cannot figure out from the top of this thread or the VA website if I can access the VA lounge at BNE.
UPDATE - was NOT able to access the domestic lounge in BNE on the basis of having arrived in J from LAX before connecting on to HTI in coach.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:18 am

Lounge access

Hello, I fly between SYD - ADL a handful of times a year but not enough to gain any type of status - just a Red Member.

Is there a way / or what is the least expensive way to have access to the Virgin lounges at these airports?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:51 am

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
The Lounge Thread

Prices for lounge membership are on the website. Not sure about any cheaper ways for a 'Red' member.

http://www.virginaustralia.com/nz/en/experience/at-the-airport/lounge/#prices-and-membership
Old Oct 28, 2013, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by DomesticGoddess
Prices for lounge membership are on the website. Not sure about any cheaper ways for a 'Red' member.

http://www.virginaustralia.com/nz/en...and-membership
Thank you - I was hoping there was a loophole of some sort but it appears not!
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Originally Posted by Nic01
Thank you - I was hoping there was a loophole of some sort but it appears not!
I don't know about ADL, but in SYD you're not missing much. The Lounge is crowded and very spartan - white walls and plain, firm chairs. If it's free to get in, you might as well have a beer there, but if you had to pay anything at all you'd be better off downstairs on the general concourse with a better choice of food and drink, better atmosphere and only marginally less comfortable seating.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mr H
I don't know about ADL, but in SYD you're not missing much.
If you think that about the SYD lounge then you'll be shocked by the ADL lounge. It's tiny for a start and lacks any of the 'style' of the SYD lounge. It's fine though, there is a good wine selection and the toasted sandwhich maker is an ever welcome friend. The staff seem pretty friendly too.

However, if you can get guested into the QF lounge you are in for a better experience.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:25 am

The lounges I have seen (MEL, SYD, OOL) seem to be very similar but OOL felt nicest as it seemed to have the greater ratio of catering to seating. Even though the catering selection is identical across the three lounges. I am maybe spoilt having grown used to BA and BD lounges where the drinks selections were better, included spirits, and where the BA food was considerably more interesting than the VA offerings. I think VA could be improved a lot by having some sweet things available, perhaps chocolates or ice cream. But mostly, I find the Spartan feel of the lounges to be oppressive. There is no attempt at soft furnishings or to create different zones. It all looks so samey and monolithic.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:34 am

Programs: Velocity, QF
Skyview Lounge access for Velocity FF's

Does anyone have any experience accessing the Skyview Lounge at Singapore Airport with your Velocity Frequent Flyer status?

I'm Velocity gold flying Delta airlines from Singapore this weekend. Delta don't operate a lounge in Singapore AFAIK and instead rely on the Cathay Skyview lounge. Am not sure whether it's worth going there early for a few pre-flight drinkies

Cheers,
IndoAus
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: VAG
Originally Posted by matthandy
If you think that about the SYD lounge then you'll be shocked by the ADL lounge. It's tiny for a start and lacks any of the 'style' of the SYD lounge. It's fine though, there is a good wine selection and the toasted sandwhich maker is an ever welcome friend. The staff seem pretty friendly too.

However, if you can get guested into the QF lounge you are in for a better experience.
I made it to the ADL lounge for the first time yesterday and it seriously needs some work. It's not nearly big enough for the 5:30pm crowds.

What really bothered me though, once the crowd emptied out at 6pm, was the TVs. There was a TV on every wall, all showing Channel Seven, and all with the sound up, so there was no quiet space to read a book without getting blasted by coming up on Today Tonight, are shonky tradies making your children fat or whatever.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Jorgen
What really bothered me though, once the crowd emptied out at 6pm, was the TVs. There was a TV on every wall, all showing Channel Seven, and all with the sound up, so there was no quiet space to read a book without getting blasted by coming up on Today Tonight, are shonky tradies making your children fat or whatever.
I can't abide TVs in lounges. I remember a similar experience in the old TK lounge in IST - every flat surface covered by television screens. Whereas in the old BD lounge in DUB, there was only one TV, always at maximum volume, placed on a free standing wooden screen right in the middle of the small lounge. I wish airlines understood that some people read from choice, not just because they can't find a TV to watch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.