Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Arbrctb
Hello,

Has anyone had issues with getting VS to book an ANA flight that is showing as available on United?

Availability showed up on United 3 days ago and I've tried for the last 2 days to book with different agents, but they're both saying there's no availability. Anyone know how long the delay is?

Thanks,
Adrian

Which Flight?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Flyer_11
Which Flight?
NH218 on 7-Oct-20 in O
Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:46 am

Do you know if anyone has managed to book these on Virgin?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 5:45 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Jsut book 2 F from MUC - HND and return October 28th to 12th November

Woop!
blitzen and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:06 pm

Can someone please remind me of the specifics - when searching United for flights to Japan on ANA - you need to find Business Saver fares with ANA, correct? Business Everyday fares with ANA work and other partners (or United) are not valid for this search?

Trying to book LAX to NRT/HND in early September in J - I might be too late for it

Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lax01
Can someone please remind me of the specifics - when searching United for flights to Japan on ANA - you need to find Business Saver fares with ANA, correct? Business Everyday fares with ANA work and other partners (or United) are not valid for this search?

Trying to book LAX to NRT/HND in early September in J - I might be too late for it

Thanks
Yes, there needs to be business saver availability
lax01 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes, there needs to be business saver availability
Thanks - that's what I thought I remember - if ANA Business Everyday is available, is that also bookable (albeit with more points)?

Thanks again
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thanks - that's what I thought I remember - if ANA Business Everyday is available, is that also bookable (albeit with more points)?

Thanks again
​​​​​​. Through United yes.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:03 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

Thanks again
You will never see an ANA metal only itinerary on the UA website where there is a business everyday award available but not a saver award. If you see an itinerary with ANA that is only available at everyday level, it is because it has a UA segment with no saver space, in which case it cannot be booked with VS anyway.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​. Through United yes.
Got it - which would not be ideal redemption due to the high number of miles needed

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
You will never see an ANA metal only itinerary on the UA website where there is a business everyday award available but not a saver award. If you see an itinerary with ANA that is only available at everyday level, it is because it has a UA segment with no saver space, in which case it cannot be booked with VS anyway.
Got it...so literally on Flight Operated by ANA and Everyday Saver are the only place to check for award availability that can be booked via Flying Club (and ANA)?

Thanks again all
Old Feb 25, 2020, 5:14 am

VS award cancellation question

Can you share how it works for cancelling a VS award flight? I have 2 F tickets booked for travel April 21-May 6th, but I'm starting to get concerned. Did they refund you the points and taxes and fees or do you have to just forego the taxes and fees and only get the points back?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by sto1043
Can you share how it works for cancelling a VS award flight? I have 2 F tickets booked for travel April 21-May 6th, but I'm starting to get concerned. Did they refund you the points and taxes and fees or do you have to just forego the taxes and fees and only get the points back?
I called 1-800-862-8621, went through some prompts and said I wanted to cancel my trip to Japan because of coronavirus and provided my reference number. The points were refunded and immediately showed up in my VS account. They are going to process a refund for the taxes and fees and I should get an email in a week or two. Worst case is that I'm out $50/person as VS has a generous award cancellation policy.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Billy Bandit
I called 1-800-862-8621, went through some prompts and said I wanted to cancel my trip to Japan because of coronavirus and provided my reference number. The points were refunded and immediately showed up in my VS account. They are going to process a refund for the taxes and fees and I should get an email in a week or two. Worst case is that I'm out $50/person as VS has a generous award cancellation policy.
Good to see they (VS) waived the taxes and fees though I'll be fine if I have to absorb $50/person if we end up canceling our trip (highly likely at this point).

Just a shame though -- love ANA and was looking forward to this trip (booked these tickets via VS 9-10 months ago)
Old Feb 26, 2020, 5:38 am

Rumour has it that you are now able to book one-ways with ANA using Virgin miles. Has anyone managed this yet? Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2020, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Originally Posted by mattoo
Rumour has it that you are now able to book one-ways with ANA using Virgin miles. Has anyone managed this yet? Thanks
Read the thread and above posts.

It appears some VS agents did not know the policy that ANA is RT only and could be tricked into booking one-ways. ANA complained to VS, and now all VS agents will require you to book a round trip as required by long-standing policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.