Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: Tinder Plus
Any experiences on redeeming Virgin Atlantic miles on Hawaii Airlines ?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bartas8891
Any experiences on redeeming Virgin Atlantic miles on Hawaii Airlines ?
There's a separate thread regarding all partners except for ANA.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virg...vs-points.html
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
I tried to book a couple first/business class seats around Thanksgiving. I did my homework and saw award availability on United.com. However, when I called Flying Club an agent said he couldn’t confirm the same flights I had seen on United. I even logged on to United and saw availability while I was talking to the agent on the phone. What should I do?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
I tried to book a couple first/business class seats around Thanksgiving. I did my homework and saw award availability on United.com. However, when I called Flying Club an agent said he couldn’t confirm the same flights I had seen on United. I even logged on to United and saw availability while I was talking to the agent on the phone. What should I do?
You fed the agent exact flight #/departure times? I just booked yesterday on the phone for travel around the same time and it went smooth for me. Maybe just HUCA.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:40 am

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Award change policy

Not sure if this needs to go over to the VA forum or not but we will see.

If I do a R/T JFK-TYO, find JFK-TYO in economy and TYO-JFK in first, I can switch the JFK-TYO portion of the flight to business or first when it becomes available a week or two out?
Can I do this when I do the flight with VA points?
Would I contact ANA or VA to make the change? Thanks.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:53 am

If I do a R/T JFK-TYO, find JFK-TYO in economy and TYO-JFK in first, I can switch the JFK-TYO portion of the flight to business or first when it becomes available a week or two out?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
For VA points you would need to ask in the VA forum for the rules.

For NH points, if you pay for it as an F redemption return, you can change the flight to F should it become available.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:43 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
I assume you mean VS...you would contact VS to make the change. This would incur a $50 change fee.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by 54austin
I assume you mean VS...you would contact VS to make the change. This would incur a $50 change fee.
Yes, sorry wrong identifier. Ok, just wanted to make sure I could do it. I found F class from TYO-JFK in Dec but no outbound. Just wanted to make sure if I waited and risked it I could make the change. Now I just have to figure out how to get to MLE from TYO r/t. A good problem to have though.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:35 am

I've been reading through the forums, but I'm new please excuse my question if it is obvious to most.

I want to book 3 1st or Bus tickets from US to Asia from mid December (preferably 10th) but flexible a bit, and come back Jan 2-6 range. Are three tickets in that range a pipe dream? My thought was Delta or ANA planes (Delta a series of one ways or ANA round)

I'd appreciate any advice on strategy or thoughts on this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Flyer_11
I've been reading through the forums, but I'm new please excuse my question if it is obvious to most.

I want to book 3 1st or Bus tickets from US to Asia from mid December (preferably 10th) but flexible a bit, and come back Jan 2-6 range. Are three tickets in that range a pipe dream? My thought was Delta or ANA planes (Delta a series of one ways or ANA round)

It's not impossible, but it may not work out. The next couple weeks are when flights in this timeframe will open up. I can see it possible getting split (2 in F, 1 in Biz, etc).
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold

3 outbound tickets from mid December is very possible. 3 inbound tickets in the Jan 2-6 range is a pipe dream, and I would warn you against this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by aquanine
3 outbound tickets from mid December is very possible. 3 inbound tickets in the Jan 2-6 range is a pipe dream, and I would warn you against this.
Thank you for the clear reply. Do you think a week later in January would work? Jan 10-12?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Thank you for the clear reply. Do you think a week later in January would work? Jan 10-12?
Yes, Jan 10-12 could be possible. You may want to look into using ANA miles for this. Due to seasonality, if you departed regular season mid-December (before Dec 17) and returned low season Jan 10-12 (assuming availability), you could get it business for 80k ANA miles round trip per person.

Last edited by aquanine; Jan 17, 2020 at 2:22 pm Reason: clarify round trip
Old Jan 17, 2020, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by aquanine
Yes, Jan 10-12 could be possible. You may want to look into using ANA miles for this. Due to seasonality, if you departed regular season mid-December (before Dec 17) and returned low season Jan 10-12 (assuming availability), you could get it business for 80k ANA miles round trip per person.
I appreciate the advice. Unfortunately I have about 80k VA miles and about 300k Chase/Citi miles I can transfer but not to ANA. So, on United I could get 300k miles which would not be enough for 3 tickets. If I go VA to book ANA I think I'm fine.

Using the tips about looking for availability with United's reward finder, I agree that I'll almost certainly (if I'm lucky) need to split seats between B/F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.