Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:29 pm

ANA First Class Availability

I called up Flying Club to try and see if there were any flights available for some time in 2020 but I was told that the first class bookings were not available until early January - is this normal?
Old Dec 7, 2019, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by spicymochi
I called up Flying Club to try and see if there were any flights available for some time in 2020 but I was told that the first class bookings were not available until early January - is this normal?
What do you mean by "some time"? If it's more than 330 days out, that's correct. Otherwise, HUCA.

Also, IMHO you're better off finding the availability you want, then calling Flying Club, rather than relying on the agent to search for you.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Big Meech
I'd like to book an open jaw going something like this: East Coast US -> TYO -> LHR/FRA

I'm able to find availability in F from the US to Tokyo, but haven't been able to find anything to Europe. If I book a return to the US now, would I be able to change that to an open jaw to Europe should it become available at a later date? (Assuming any changes in taxes and fees would apply)
https://www.virginatlantic.com/us/en...ing-miles.html

"4.2.1 Once Reward tickets are issued, you may amend your travel date, route or class of service prior to travel for an amendment fee of £30 for changes to international flights originating in the UK, US$50 for changes to international flights originating in the US or local currency equivalent of US$50 for changes to flights originating in any other region.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Petdog
What do you mean by "some time"? If it's more than 330 days out, that's correct. Otherwise, HUCA.

Also, IMHO you're better off finding the availability you want, then calling Flying Club, rather than relying on the agent to search for you.
I meant like anytime in 2020 which doesn’t seem to be right at all. I checked for a flight that was available on United’s website for award bookings and gave the agent the flight details but they still couldn’t find the flight - under 330 days out. :/
Old Dec 7, 2019, 9:22 am

I meant like anytime in 2020 which doesn’t seem to be right at all. I checked for a flight that was available on United’s website for award bookings and gave the agent the flight details but they still couldn’t find the flight - under 330 days out. :/
Without details, the only advice I think that can be offered is HUCA.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 9:27 am

Without details, the only advice I think that can be offered is HUCA.
I’ll try and get more details next time
Old Dec 7, 2019, 9:34 am

I’ll try and get more details next time
I meant flight details. We can't assess the response you received without understanding more about what you were trying to book.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Garbage from the agent... HUACA... I booked ANA F for June 2020 a couple of weeks ago.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 12:55 pm

I meant flight details. We can't assess the response you received without understanding more about what you were trying to book.
Sorry! Yeah it was for NH005 going to NRT on 10/22 at 12:45pm that the agent couldn’t see.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Garbage from the agent... HUACA... I booked ANA F for June 2020 a couple of weeks ago.
right?? What did you do to get your flight? Did you check on United’s website for availability?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
right?? What did you do to get your flight? Did you check on United’s website for availability?
Standard procedure. Check United.com, call VS and feed them the exact flight numbers.

Like a few of us are saying, you probably just got a rogue agent who doesn't know how to book ANA rewards. Call again...
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:21 pm

Sorry! Yeah it was for NH005 going to NRT on 10/22 at 12:45pm that the agent couldn’t see.
If there's flexibility in your schedule, Expertflyer and United show F available on 10/23 and 10/24. And there's economy availability on and around 10/22.

Old Dec 8, 2019, 7:48 pm

I see those flights - but they are for 1 person; if it was just me I can pretty much take any flight around that time frame, but I'm trying to get there with my wife in F class only

All these seats keep dropping from people booking 1 seat a time FML

We can leave 10/21, 10/22, 10/23 - any one of those days
Old Dec 9, 2019, 3:06 am

https://www.virginatlantic.com/us/en...ing-miles.html

"4.2.1 Once Reward tickets are issued, you may amend your travel date, route or class of service prior to travel for an amendment fee of £30 for changes to international flights originating in the UK, US$50 for changes to international flights originating in the US or local currency equivalent of US$50 for changes to flights originating in any other region.
Thanks, Petdog
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see those flights - but they are for 1 person; if it was just me I can pretty much take any flight around that time frame, but I'm trying to get there with my wife in F class only

All these seats keep dropping from people booking 1 seat a time FML

We can leave 10/21, 10/22, 10/23 - any one of those days
Only 1 F seat is typically released this far out. 2 F seats is far more difficult. You basically need to organise your trip around whatever days have the rare 2 seats in F.

We can leave on 3 specific days isn't really going to cut it, even this far in advance...
IndyHoosier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.