Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Old Aug 25, 2021, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ancarlson7
I thought it was held for passengers with a baby needing a bassinet. That's what most airlines do for that seat.
Bassinet in F is 2 D or G (forget now which side), same on JAL. I don't think I have ever seen a long haul F cabin with 1A being the bassinet position
Old Aug 26, 2021, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
1A is definitely ego-related. For most of us, having a child humbles us pretty fast.
seigex likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Can someone confirm that VS F bookings on ANA are still 110k for the west coast? I'm sure it's unrelated, but I notice that the United bookings are now showing 121k instead of 110k they used to and want to make sure I'm transferring enough points.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by seigex
Can someone confirm that VS F bookings on ANA are still 110k for the west coast? I'm sure it's unrelated, but I notice that the United bookings are now showing 121k instead of 110k they used to and want to make sure I'm transferring enough points.
confirmed. Unless its changed in the last week. ;-)
seigex likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:05 pm

Still showing on their website as 110K for West Coast USA.
seigex likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by DesperateDan
Still showing on their website as 110K for West Coast USA.
Thanks! Just finishing up with booking a RT F from LAX-NRT for 110k, so yep looks like things haven't changed.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:17 pm

Thanks! Just finishing up with booking a RT F from LAX-NRT for 110k, so yep looks like things haven't changed.
Congrats on snagging a return F - when are you travelling?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:50 pm

Well it's supposed to be in march (obviously assuming borders will be open by then), but VS seems to have screwed something up and my middle name didn't get included, so they tried to cancel and rebook the seats and now the seats aren't available. So I think they just screwed me on the days I wanted.

EDIT: welp, it's canceled now, agent didn't check for my middle name beforehand, said she was worried that my middle name wasn't on the ticket so she canceled and tried to reissue but no way to reconfirm the seats. geeze
Old Sep 8, 2021, 3:11 pm

Well it's supposed to be in march (obviously assuming borders will be open by then), but VS seems to have screwed something up and my middle name didn't get included, so they tried to cancel and rebook the seats and now the seats aren't available. So I think they just screwed me on the days I wanted.

EDIT: welp, it's canceled now, agent didn't check for my middle name beforehand, said she was worried that my middle name wasn't on the ticket so she canceled and tried to reissue but no way to reconfirm the seats. geeze
Gosh, sorry to hear that. There has been mention on here of issues with middle initials/names. Hopefully the seats will get released again soon. Might be an idea to sign up for an alert service. If not practical I can stick an an alert on my EF for you.

We're booked to go beginning of April, which was a labour of love ticket wise, so understand your predicament.
seigex likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by DesperateDan
Gosh, sorry to hear that. There has been mention on here of issues with middle initials/names. Hopefully the seats will get released again soon. Might be an idea to sign up for an alert service. If not practical I can stick an an alert on my EF for you.

We're booked to go beginning of April, which was a labour of love ticket wise, so understand your predicament.
I appreciate it! I actually have EF, using it for alerts completely slipped my mind, so I'll set that up. The thing that angers me the most is she refused to accept responsibility until I said "Knowing it's an issue, you should have verified before booking" she only responded with "yeah I guess I should have" with no apology or anything else. There are other dates available, but March is perfect weather-wise, next availability is in like may/june right when it gets super hot there. Good luck on an April booking!
Old Sep 8, 2021, 3:37 pm

I appreciate it! I actually have EF, using it for alerts completely slipped my mind, so I'll set that up. The thing that angers me the most is she refused to accept responsibility until I said "Knowing it's an issue, you should have verified before booking" she only responded with "yeah I guess I should have" with no apology or anything else. There are other dates available, but March is perfect weather-wise, next availability is in like may/june right when it gets super hot there. Good luck on an April booking!
Thanks. We started off booking flights from FRA and then manged to snag LHR tickets so just keeping fingers crossed for borders being open! Good luck to you too.
seigex likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA

Odd, you're having terrible luck. I've cancelled and rebooked a ticket more than a dozen times before and the seat was always released back to inventory immediately.

I'm not sure if your individual circumstances are different, but I've never been refused boarding because of a missing middle name from any of the airlines I've flown.

Anyways, I hope things resolve themselves and you do end up snapping up those seats! (I'm also hoping things open up, since I'm booked on a HND-JFK F in March as well)
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Dave510
Odd, you're having terrible luck. I've cancelled and rebooked a ticket more than a dozen times before and the seat was always released back to inventory immediately.

I'm not sure if your individual circumstances are different, but I've never been refused boarding because of a missing middle name from any of the airlines I've flown.

Anyways, I hope things resolve themselves and you do end up snapping up those seats! (I'm also hoping things open up, since I'm booked on a HND-JFK F in March as well)
Thanks. i'm thinking they never actually released it, hoping it times out. Nut I've been refreshing all day, and nothing yet. Might still get lucky, unfortunately I only have 2 weeks and no other times match up with a return 2 weeks from the departure.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:50 am

London to Haneda - November 24th - the very rare occurrence of TWO first class tickets showing on the United site.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:51 am

And same for December 22nd too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.