Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
VS were very slow with two refunds I got from them in the past year, and that was before all this madness started. The first one took over a month but it was minimal so I didn't push it. The second one came through after about four weeks and a lot of pushing.
From what I've read on another board they're giving people estimates of 90 to 100 days now.
Thanks for data point. I tried to get the AMEX dispute going during a free minute tonight but their chat said that since the charge is from last May, I had to call in so will have to do that tomorrow to see if that speeds up the process.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Thanks for data point. I tried to get the AMEX dispute going during a free minute tonight but their chat said that since the charge is from last May, I had to call in so will have to do that tomorrow to see if that speeds up the process.
You do realise that gratuitous, unnecessary credit card chargebacks will only hasten the demise of VS and this amazing sweetspot? We're talking about a few hundred dollars in tax and surcharge for a couple of months. But the more individual chargeback claims the banks / credit cards get, the more they will withhold from VS to protect themselves.

If VS does indeed go under in the coming months, you won't have lost your opportunity to pursue Amex for your money back, but your miles would be worthless...
CosmicGirl and aquanine like this.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 5:36 pm

So I just texted the Virgin Atlantic apparently they can't find award availability even though I can see the on United's site, do they have limited award availability now? Has anyone experience this
Tofino87 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 2:23 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

Originally Posted by doenutt
So I just texted the Virgin Atlantic apparently they can't find award availability even though I can see the on United's site, do they have limited award availability now? Has anyone experience this
What are the flight details?
blitzen likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KVS
Keep in mind that Flying Club agents are all working from home. This may impact agents being able to access the appropriate systems and/or put you on hold to consult with their colleagues who know how it's done.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by KVS
I was looking for Feb 2021 LAX-HND, according to the CS Rep. Non were available, even though the United award is wide open
Old Apr 10, 2020, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Keep in mind that Flying Club agents are all working from home. This may impact agents being able to access the appropriate systems and/or put you on hold to consult with their colleagues who know how it's done.
I am hoping this is the case
Old Apr 10, 2020, 5:23 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

I was looking for Feb 2021 LAX-HND, according to the CS Rep. Non were available, even though the United award is wide open
An agent should be able to do a Long-Sell to book it over the phone.

[KVS Tool 9.7.8/Diamond - Awards/AC-StarAlliance/CA-Auto]
Code:
LAX  Los Angeles Intl CA US [KLAX]
HND  Tokyo Haneda Intl JP [RJTT]
MON  01 Feb 2021 | 1 Seat

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Award Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ------------------
NH         105     LAX   00:05     HND   05:30 +1  77W  0   CS+  YS+
NH         125     LAX   16:05     HND   21:15 +1  77W  0   FS+  YS+
Old Apr 12, 2020, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
An agent should be able to do a Long-Sell to book it over the phone.

[KVS Tool 9.7.8/Diamond - Awards/AC-StarAlliance/CA-Auto]
Code:
LAX Los Angeles Intl CA US [KLAX]
HND Tokyo Haneda Intl JP [RJTT]
MON 01 Feb 2021 | 1 Seat

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Award Availability
--------- ------ ---- -------- ---- -------- --- -- ------------------
NH 105 LAX 00:05 HND 05:30 +1 77W 0 CS+ YS+
NH 125 LAX 16:05 HND 21:15 +1 77W 0 FS+ YS+
I got an agent through text, he told me there were no first class flights available at all from LAX to HND in Feb
Old Apr 12, 2020, 4:50 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

I got an agent through text, he told me there were no first class flights available at all from LAX to HND in Feb
You should not be asking an Agent to check Award Availability.
You should already know specific date which has positive Award Availability (as shown above) and request that they book it via a Long-Sell.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
You should not be asking an Agent to check Award Availability.
You should already know specific date which has positive Award Availability (as shown above) and request that they book it via a Long-Sell.
Yea, that’s what I did. I found saver award available on United, then call and give the agent the exact date but they weren’t able to find it. That’s when I begun to ask the agent to find within the month
Old Apr 13, 2020, 11:34 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Yea, that’s what I did. I found saver award available on United, then call and give the agent the exact date but they weren’t able to find it. That’s when I begun to ask the agent to find within the month
The agent should not be searching for Award Availability (since their system is not working properly).
They should be trying to book a specific flight (via a Long-Sell).
Old Apr 13, 2020, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by KVS
The agent should not be searching for Award Availability (since their system is not working properly).
They should be trying to book a specific flight (via a Long-Sell).
They should be trying to book a specific flight -> This is what I tried at the very beginning and it seems like the United inventory is not reflected to what the phone agent had told me.
I had booked ANA First Class twice within the two years, I know how booking works. I am just saying the United award availability does not seem to match what Virgin Atlantic is seeing at the moment (either limited inventory or system not working) Just wanted to put the data point out there

Last edited by doenutt; Apr 13, 2020 at 11:49 am
Old Apr 14, 2020, 12:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Honors
I have been tracking the F/J space from Chicago to Tokyo next year using the ~335 rule. Everything was roughly following the 335 rule until a couple days ago when the calendar "opened up" 03/06/2021 from the previous 03/05/2021 for ANA seats. After that day however, no ANA seats have been updated on United for any further dates.

Is there a change in ANA's partner tickets policy recently? Or am I doing this the wrong way? Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2020, 12:26 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rog92
I have been tracking the F/J space from Chicago to Tokyo next year using the ~335 rule. Everything was roughly following the 335 rule until a couple days ago when the calendar "opened up" 03/06/2021 from the previous 03/05/2021 for ANA seats. After that day however, no ANA seats have been updated on United for any further dates.

Is there a change in ANA's partner tickets policy recently? Or am I doing this the wrong way? Thanks!
This is an issue on United's side. I see space on ORD-HND in all three cabins on Mar 5, 6, 7, 8. ORD-NRT is the same except no J cabin award space on Mar 6. Use a different search tool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.