Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
Originally Posted by ecgz88
So YVR-OKA and return from HND-YVR is possible and will be same miles as RT trip, right? then I need cash buy a OKA-HND ticket to get a stop over in Tokyo?
Originally Posted by Nathandelabrum
Pretty sure that should all be fine.

Good luck!
i am fairly certain YVR-OKA will be charged as YVR-TYO + TYO-OKA

to quote the website:
If a journey requires a connecting flight or stopover to reach the destination, miles are charged for each sector.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by mike814
I just booked a NH redemption today on VS Flying Club (2 people F ORD to NRT). I used United to find availability (plenty of availability in and out of ORD for late August early September 2017). Note that VS only allows bookings 330 days out but ANA goes to 355.

I called the US call center, the agent immediately found the availability, confirmed the number of points, offered a 48 hold, and gave me a PNR. I then transferred 185,000 points to VS from Amex while the agent was on the phone. Unfortunately, the points didn't transfer. I called Amex, they reissued the transfer and it went through. I called VS back and completed the booking. took under 30 minutes in total and I got ~23 cents per point in value.
Well done! Did you benefit from not having to pay any fuel surcharges as well?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:59 am

Smile

Originally Posted by Nathandelabrum
Well done! Did you benefit from not having to pay any fuel surcharges as well?
I think so. I was charged ~$166 for the two tickets, which I assume are government taxes and fees. That matches the $87.67 of fees on IATA Matrix for 1 ticket. It's showing a total fare of $23,761.76 for 1 ticket, so I think this is a pretty amazing deal; probably the best deal I will get on a cents per point basis.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:26 pm

Can Virgin Atlantic agent see the same ANA award availibiity showing on UA and ANA?

Hi,

Trying to book a first class seat from LAX to NRT and NRT to LAX. Both ANA and UA show one first class seat available and one business class seat available for LAX and NRT and two first class seats available from NRT to LAX. But Virgin Atlantic agent said there are no first class seats and business class seats available at all for both trip on the date I want.

Do I just need to HUAC or is it that VA agents have limited ability to see all the available seats? When I call, do I need to ask to be transfer to anywhere else? like a partner award desk?

Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
They can normally see Saver availability on UA
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi,

Trying to book a first class seat from LAX to NRT and NRT to LAX. Both ANA and UA show one first class seat available and one business class seat available for LAX and NRT and two first class seats available from NRT to LAX. But Virgin Atlantic agent said there are no first class seats and business class seats available at all for both trip on the date I want.

Do I just need to HUAC or is it that VA agents have limited ability to see all the available seats? When I call, do I need to ask to be transfer to anywhere else? like a partner award desk?

Thanks
As blitzen said, they should be able to see saver award seats that show up on the UA search tool. Standard award seats aren’t bookable via VA.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: VS Gold
Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but has anyone had any experience of upgrading an NH economy redemption after booking, to J or F?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:37 am

Since you have to book RT award tickets, to get a better chance at getting specific dates you want, can I book 330 days out a RT flight with the outbound flight I want, and then wait a couple weeks for that actual return leg I want and change the return flight to that? It should be a $50 fee if I am not mistaken which may be worth it if I am trying to get specific dates?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by beastieb
Since you have to book RT award tickets, to get a better chance at getting specific dates you want, can I book 330 days out a RT flight with the outbound flight I want, and then wait a couple weeks for that actual return leg I want and change the return flight to that? It should be a $50 fee if I am not mistaken which may be worth it if I am trying to get specific dates?
I don't see why not?

Another question -

I'm hoping to book our outbound flight from IAD - NRT in a week or 2 for early October 2018, then we wish to return NRT/HND - JFK and spend a couple of nights in the city. At the moment I'm using September 2018 to gauge availability for these flights, and there seems to be decent availability both ways in F or J. However, if I run the multi-city option on united.com, availability becomes a lot more sparse. In other words, if I run an IAD-NRT return or a JFK-NRT/HND return for September 2018, there's pretty decent availability both ways, but when I run it as multi-city - loads of available seats disappear. Is this is a quirk of the united.com website, or will I find that VA agents have a lot less access to seats when trying to buy a multi city ticket?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:02 am

Do your guys know how much it cost to change the date? I booked 2 ticket for this coming March but I want to change it to May. Anyone experience it? thank you!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by newdaybegin
Do your guys know how much it cost to change the date? I booked 2 ticket for this coming March but I want to change it to May. Anyone experience it? thank you!
It should be $50 a ticket.

I just booked LAX-NRT in F for 2 people. It was quick and painless. I called in and they found the itinerary within a minute and asked if I was ready to book. I transferred 170K from Amex to Virgin and it transferred more or less instantly it was a total of about $165 in fees. I received an email confirmation from Virgin within a few minutes and was immediately able to go to ANA and select my seats.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:42 pm

Is it possible to use my points to book an ANA award flight for the wife?

Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Round Trip - Different Cabin Outbound/Return

Can one book a RT ticket with different cabins on the outbound/return?

For example, outbound J, return F.

Would it price out by dividing the round-trip mileage published on the website in half for each segment?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by econ
Can one book a RT ticket with different cabins on the outbound/return?

For example, outbound J, return F.

Would it price out by dividing the round-trip mileage published on the website in half for each segment?
I just asked VA about this a few days ago. You can do this, but you pay full miles for the higher reward. So if you’re flying J out but F return, you’ll still have to shell out 120k miles. It’s still a great deal in my opinion though. ANA business class is supposed to be truly excellent.

Last edited by Nathandelabrum; Nov 12, 2017 at 2:18 am
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:11 pm

Can the RT be multi-city eg NRT to SFO and LAX to NRT?

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.