Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:14 pm

I had to make a change to my booking. I moved from one date to another date, and VS charged me $50 to change my dates. Not bad at all.
milesforhire likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by newdaybegin
Would you please tell me how much it cost for 1 business class from SEA to SIN? so when i call just give them segment to segment? I understand it coast 90k for bussiness seat for SEA to NRT thank you!
I assume its going to be 65k RT as its 120k to the US in F, so its just two seperate flights added in together.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:22 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points

There has been a recent rash of posts outlining successful and easy redemptions on ANA (NH) using VS Flying Club points.

These successes are in stark contrast to the usual tales of failures and frustration when booking with other partner airlines - interspersed with the occasional success story.

For that reason I have created this thread just for tips, hints and experiences of using VS points.

I have split off ANA posts from the generic Partner Redemption thread from the back end of 2016. I realise that this makes it so that some posts don't make sense when they refer to previous post numbers, but hopefully people will still be able to get the gist of what is necessary for successful redemptions.

Nick
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:34 pm

Just booked two J class seats for May, SEA to NRT, thanks to this thread. Pretty painless, found availability on United, called and the agent found the flights no problem. Transferred UR points and finalized the booking. Took all of 30 minutes. Only hang up was the second agent I spoke to couldn't find ANA's booking reference number so I could select seats, but I was able to use the e-ticket number on ANA's website to get into the itinerary.

So glad I learned about this from Flyertalk, was going to use United miles to fly ANA and just saved myself 120,000 points. Looking forward to my first time in Japan.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
booked HND-YVR(J), JFK-NRT(F) for family, 105k miles/pax
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:00 pm

Just another data point:

2 F awards, one IAD-NRT-IAD, the other ORD-NRT, HND-ORD

120k and $80 each -- these were booked about two months ago, took two calls. First call was a mess and second call was super fast and easy.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Remember there still has to be reward availability on the new flight. ANA won't just move you onto it.
So can change dates, can't change routing back. Got it. ^
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:20 am

ANA Reward Flights

Hi All,

I've read a few threads about VA Miles to ANA Reward flights but I have read conflicting things about this.

If I transfer my miles to ANA, and book a business class ticket is it possible to change the dates and names on the tickets?

thanks
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:36 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
I will merge this post into the main ANA thread, as I think this question is answered there

Nick
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:20 am

Just wanted to mention a peculiarity-the two F tickets I booked appear as "O" class tickets on the Virgin Atlantic receipt. However, upon logging into ANA with the eticket number everything is fine. Also for posters missing confirmation emails VA seems to be frequently bundled in spam. Great process with VA staff, 240k and $337 for ORD-TYO RT, beautiful! I searched ANA award availability which seems to match VAs (I have no status with either one).
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tomhlewis
Hi All,

I've read a few threads about VA Miles to ANA Reward flights but I have read conflicting things about this.

If I transfer my miles to ANA, and book a business class ticket is it possible to change the dates and names on the tickets?

thanks
Date change yes, for a fee but name change, no.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:41 pm

Searching for a return from the Far East I spotted a business saver HND-LHR
called VS who also saw the availability
the only hitch was I didn't realise it had to be a return, so with the help of united.com I quickly found a future date first saver whilst on the phone which was quickly booked for 120k miles and £231
well happy with that outcome.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:30 pm

Tips for booking ANA business/first class award flight

Hi there everyone. My wife and I are hoping to take a big 3 week trip to Japan in October/November 2018, and I've only recently found out about the excellent value in redeeming our flying club miles for flights in first/business class on ANA. In a month or 2 I'll have 200k FC miles, so when October/November of this year rolls around we should be able to start the process of redeeming them for our trip in 2018. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of doing this and can point us in the right direction as to when exactly we should attempt to book our flights. Any further tips relating to booking the flights would also be appreciated. We're getting excited already about the chance to fly in business or first for such a relatively small amount of miles; what are our chances realistically of finding 2 tickets in either class 11 months or so in advance? Seems like first is unlikely but I can't find much information on business class?

Thanks in advance one and all!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:45 pm

saw availability IAD-NRT-IAD on united for F on ANA. called, placed them on hold, transferred, called back. have the ANA record locator. effortless.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
there is an existing thread on ANA redemptions

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...ub-points.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.