Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:44 pm

Do you guys think there will be a chance LAX-NRT will open for 4 passengers in J sometime in October (return after 2 weeks). I'm checking United and I don't see any (only Asiana).
Old Mar 12, 2017, 3:26 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by axsuul1
Do you guys think there will be a chance LAX-NRT will open for 4 passengers in J sometime in October (return after 2 weeks). I'm checking United and I don't see any (only Asiana).
I think the chances of 4 J reward seats on any partner airline are between very, very slim and nil - especially if you have set dates.

Nick
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:21 am

What is the best way to fly LAX-Asia in J or F?
I currently have about 90000 Thank you points and would like to use it to fly from LAX to either ICN, TYO (HND or NRT), or PEK.

I just called to inquire about the LAX-NRT in April in J, and they found no availabilities.

Last edited by dkjb3t4; Mar 15, 2017 at 12:44 am
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by synergypi
Booked SFO/NRT in F on ANA for Jan next year; 110K miles and $85; took about 10 minutes.^
Very good use of UR and AMEX pts!
wow that is awesome!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: ANA Pt
Originally Posted by dkjb3t4
What is the best way to fly LAX-Asia in J or F?
I currently have about 90000 Thank you points and would like to use it to fly from LAX to either ICN, TYO (HND or NRT), or PEK.

I just called to inquire about the LAX-NRT in April in J, and they found no availabilities.
LAX /HND has F availability April (7/19 for example ; 110K pts), so may be easier to get F than J. Check United for saver award availability dates online first before calling VAFC.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by synergypi
LAX /HND has F availability April (7/19 for example ; 110K pts), so may be easier to get F than J. Check United for saver award availability dates online first before calling VAFC.
Wow you're a wizard. Yes, I see that 4/7 availability in F for LAX-HND.

But one thing I worry about is that with the VAFC, I need to book a round-trip and it seems like it would be quite difficult to find roundtrip that works schedule-wise, for these difficult-to-find tickets.

However, I do think that 110K for ANA first class round-trip would be a better deal than anything available for LAX-Asia. The Singapore air A380 first class suite is pretty cool, but now it requires weird routings to get on the suite and 106K miles, just for one-way.

I guess I just need to be able to find an open ticket.

BTW do you use an application to help you find reservations via United?
AwardFinder works well for SQ, but I don't know if an app exists for United.

Last edited by dkjb3t4; Mar 15, 2017 at 10:20 am
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:04 pm

I just checked availability with VS and confirmed that this search by COPA air works for ANA availability.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:45 pm

Question for the experts: is it possible to use Virgin Atlantic miles to book this route?

LAX-?-?-PEK

I learned through the help of forum members here that I could use Virgin Atlantic miles to book LAX-Tokyo via ANA (90K or 110K miles, depending on J or F), but my final destination is not Tokyo, so I was curious if it's possible to use miles to get from Tokyo to Beijing (PEK).

Okay, I found out that it would take separate booking in terms of miles to go from Tokyo to PEK (60000 in F).

Last edited by dkjb3t4; Mar 15, 2017 at 6:49 pm
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
Book LAX-TYO-LAX then cash/other miles for TYO-PEK-TYO. 110k roundtrip is impossible to beat, although finding F on both departure and return dates can be a challenge, especially with set dates, and popular route like LAX.

In my experience ANA F is actually easier to book than J, as not many people realize that you can book ANA F Roundtrip @ 110k using VS miles. I've been a miles junkie for 5+ years and i just found this out too.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by jazzmailman
Book LAX-TYO-LAX then cash/other miles for TYO-PEK-TYO. 110k roundtrip is impossible to beat, although finding F on both departure and return dates can be a challenge, especially with set dates, and popular route like LAX.

In my experience ANA F is actually easier to book than J, as not many people realize that you can book ANA F Roundtrip @ 110k using VS miles. I've been a miles junkie for 5+ years and i just found this out too.
Yeah, it's pretty amazing that you can do a round-trip in a legit F for 110k.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:58 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Oneway

Can an ANA oneway award reservation/ticket be made using the full amount of miles required for a round trip ticket, or is it necessary to have a return flight included?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by ned
Can an ANA oneway award reservation/ticket be made using the full amount of miles required for a round trip ticket, or is it necessary to have a return flight included?
You can do just one way for 110k miles.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dkjb3t4
I just checked availability with VS and confirmed that this search by COPA air works for ANA availability.
Does everything have to be in their respective 'saver' categories?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by alexj7
In my limited experience, using Copa to search ANA space is the most reliable. I tried to book a flight that showed up on United and not on Copa, and Virgin Atlantic couldn't find it either. Plus Copa limits you to 330 days out, which I believe matches VS.
Can you search Copa without enrolling?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:31 am

Just booked 2 ANA F tickets ORD-NRT for November 2017. 240,000 miles + $171.00 taxes. VS agents were extremely helpful and courteous. A slightly long hold time to reach an agent was the only minor annoyance.

Transferring miles from Chase UR was instantaneous. Called back, VS agent ticketed immediately and gave me ANA booking reference. Logged on to ANA's website and selected seats.

Entire process took one hour.

Last edited by JMontpelier; Mar 31, 2017 at 6:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.