Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by sushithecat
Just looked 2x first class ANA SFO-NRT roundtrip 11/2017 - 12/2017. As expected 220k miles total and £186. Took quite awhile for everything to confirm, glad we can stop worrying now.
congrats maybe I can get ANA First JFK (don't think they fly out of EWR) to Tokyo in First too. How early do they open up inventory?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Guava
The agent was likely wrong. You are allowed connections in Japan as long as that connection is less than 24 hours. Given that you can connect to BKK same-day after arriving from ORD, you need to call Flying Club back and try again. This can be booked on one ticket.

If your connecting flight is not available the same day you arrive in Japan and you have to travel the next day or later after staying overnight in Tokyo, then you could be forced to purchase 2 tickets instead.
I will try calling back. Do you know how many miles would it be for first class award round trip from ORD - BKK?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Guava
The agent was likely wrong. You are allowed connections in Japan as long as that connection is less than 24 hours. Given that you can connect to BKK same-day after arriving from ORD, you need to call Flying Club back and try again. This can be booked on one ticket.

If your connecting flight is not available the same day you arrive in Japan and you have to travel the next day or later after staying overnight in Tokyo, then you could be forced to purchase 2 tickets instead.
I do not know. Firstly it is a mixed-class award. I also had an agent say I cannot connect through Tokyo anyway (first to Tokyo then on to Singapore in first). You need to see if anybody else did that successfully
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by IamHungry
I will try calling back. Do you know how many miles would it be for first class award round trip from ORD - BKK?
Were you able to get this ticketed as one ticket? I tried to get SFO-BKK as one ticket but agent could only get it as SFO-NRT and then NRT-BKK.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by travelbugging
Were you able to get this ticketed as one ticket? I tried to get SFO-BKK as one ticket but agent could only get it as SFO-NRT and then NRT-BKK.
Nope. They could not do it.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:19 pm

Nope. They could not do it.
Thank you for replying, appreciate it ^ What did you end up doing? I may just stay a couple days in Tokyo and then head to BKK.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:35 pm

Is it possible to book ANA from LAX-NRT oneway through VS? If so, does anyone know how many miles it'll be? I know rt is 110k for first, but unsure about ow.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by travelbugging
Thank you for replying, appreciate it ^ What did you end up doing? I may just stay a couple days in Tokyo and then head to BKK.
I redeemed United miles instead of using vs. 160K on J round trip which makes more sense than paying 200K on VS and only for first to/from NRT-ORD.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by endy
Is it possible to book ANA from LAX-NRT oneway through VS? If so, does anyone know how many miles it'll be? I know rt is 110k for first, but unsure about ow.
You can try it, but the most likely quote will be 110k. You are paying for round trip price for this one way.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:12 pm

I redeemed United miles instead of using vs. 160K on J round trip which makes more sense than paying 200K on VS and only for first to/from NRT-ORD.
Again thanks so much for taking the time to reply, really appreciate it! Have a great trip (when are you going?)!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1
You can try it, but the most likely quote will be 110k. You are paying for round trip price for this one way.
Thanks! I'm trying to find availability in May, but only found one for IAH-NRT, NRT-LAX. Would that still be 110k RT? Or it'd be more departing from IAH?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by endy
Thanks! I'm trying to find availability in May, but only found one for IAH-NRT, NRT-LAX. Would that still be 110k RT? Or it'd be more departing from IAH?
The relevant award chart states:
Distance Cost for F
9,001 - 11,000 110K
11,001 - 14,000 120K

I have seen IAH-NRT-LAX type itinerary priced two different ways:
1) IAH-NRT-LAX total is 12,094 miles. Costs 120K;
2) IAH-NRT is 6643 miles, Round trip costs 120K;
NRT-LAX is 5451 miles, round trip costs 110K;
Total IAH-NRT-LAX costs (120K + 110K) / 2 = 115K.

Whatever the agent tells is the price and if s/he can find you award seats you would be grateful already, you will not argue for the measy 5k.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I booked IAH-NRT r/t yesterday on ANA in F for a trip in January 2018. 120k VS miles + $85 taxes/fees. Might be my best redemption to date since the 120k VS miles came from the current Citi transfer bonus (96k TYP -> 120k VS miles) and I plan on cancelling those Citi cards this year so I had to use up the points anyway.

Was on the phone with Flying Club for only about 15 minutes (though I already knew the flights I wanted from searching United.com) so pretty painless! ^
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:30 am

Anyone know the cost and difficulty of changing an ANA partner award, specifically the date of one leg? I'm new to this program but want to transfer in TY points for ANA flights. I have the outbound open but return date isn't open. I know close in more opens up on this particular route.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
Does anyone know if booking additional segment is possible for ANA?

Specifically i'm looking at LAX-NRT-TPE-NRT-TPE where it only has First Class from LAX-NRT, NRT-TPE will be in Business.

Checking gcmap, total distance is 13614 miles, which according to the old chart, would be 120k VS miles. I went as far back to page 10 to find relevant points and the last person who reported booking a connection successfully was back on post #189.

I'm also checking the new "chart", which is only available on non-US Virgin Atlantic websites:

http://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/...n-airways.html

It does not say it is possible to book connections. It just says: "Japan – Australia / Canada / Western USA" will cost 110k miles, and "Japan – Europe / Central & Eastern USA" for 120k miles.

I know this has been done in the past (albeit after many calls), but i was wondering if anyone has any relevant experience recently, especially after the "chart" was changed. I can call to check, but i'm not sure if agents will give me the correct information.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.