Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:50 am

I feel your pain!

Another quick question, it's within the next 4-5 weeks that I'm hoping to book our flights. At the moment United's schedule goes up to roughly September 10th 2018. There's currently loads of availability in July/August for 2, but nothing for 2 people in first or business in September (we're hoping to fly out late September). Do they generally release loads of seats at the same time later in the month?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by Nathandelabrum
I feel your pain!

Another quick question, it's within the next 4-5 weeks that I'm hoping to book our flights. At the moment United's schedule goes up to roughly September 10th 2018. There's currently loads of availability in July/August for 2, but nothing for 2 people in first or business in September (we're hoping to fly out late September). Do they generally release loads of seats at the same time later in the month?
As I said up thread, when I was following the redemptions, it looked like space was released around 320 Days Out. So, On 10/9/17, I see availability through 8/31 (which is 325 Days). You should start to see space in September starting to show up shortly. Usually, I would see space show up on a daily basis, but every now and then, several days would be released at once.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

I can't see availability in either class at all (on the direct ANA route)

Incidentally, does anyone know how much taxes are in GBP per person to fly in F from the US to NRT?
Zero, if booked from now until November 30th:

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/ca/e/asw_c...fuelsurcharge/
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Guava
Zero, if booked from now until November 30th:

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/ca/e/asw_c...fuelsurcharge/
Does that mean for taking a flight before the end of November or for making a booking for a future date before the end of November?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Does that mean for taking a flight before the end of November or for making a booking for a future date before the end of November?
booking.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Amex has another 30% bonus to transfer to Virgin Atlantic... for 93k MR you now can go New York - Tokyo in ANA first Class
if you can find available stave and it will not get easier I guess
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Amex has another 30% bonus to transfer to Virgin Atlantic... for 93k MR you now can go New York - Tokyo in ANA first Class
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
I am also planning for Q4 of 2018. Is it possible to book multi leg or open jaw with VS miles on ANA? So, LAX-OKA and return from HND or can we only do RTs?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by jediwho
I am also planning for Q4 of 2018. Is it possible to book multi leg or open jaw with VS miles on ANA? So, LAX-OKA and return from HND or can we only do RTs?
I believe open jaw is possible. I spoke with a VS agent a couple of days ago to confirm required mileage for the redemption I'm looking into and I asked about open jaw, he confirmed that it's definitely possible and that required mileage will be adjusted accordingly.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by blitzen
I think the most important point will be the if you can find availability part. I was looking at mid to late September to fly on ANA site , and there isn't even any availability, so I would think it would be even more difficult to find any availability via one of its partners like virgin atlantic.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:08 pm

If you look on United for availability they do not even go past Mid September
wasn’t ANA releasing 330 days before? So check every day as they should be released soon
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:26 pm

so if I booked YVR-NRT-PVG now , it will be consider 2 trip 90k for YVR-NRT+45k for NRT-PVG right?

Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:28 am

So YVR-OKA and return from HND-YVR is possible and will be same miles as RT trip, right? then I need cash buy a OKA-HND ticket to get a stop over in Tokyo?

I believe open jaw is possible. I spoke with a VS agent a couple of days ago to confirm required mileage for the redemption I'm looking into and I asked about open jaw, he confirmed that it's definitely possible and that required mileage will be adjusted accordingly.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by ecgz88
So YVR-OKA and return from HND-YVR is possible and will be same miles as RT trip, right? then I need cash buy a OKA-HND ticket to get a stop over in Tokyo?
Pretty sure that should all be fine.

Good luck!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:45 pm

I just booked a NH redemption today on VS Flying Club (2 people F ORD to NRT). I used United to find availability (plenty of availability in and out of ORD for late August early September 2017). Note that VS only allows bookings 330 days out but ANA goes to 355.

I called the US call center, the agent immediately found the availability, confirmed the number of points, offered a 48 hold, and gave me a PNR. I then transferred 185,000 points to VS from Amex while the agent was on the phone. Unfortunately, the points didn't transfer. I called Amex, they reissued the transfer and it went through. I called VS back and completed the booking. took under 30 minutes in total and I got ~23 cents per point in value.
KathinJax likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.