Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Just going to point out that Japan is now a lot safer than most countries in the EU in terms of cases per inhabitant
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Just going to point out that Japan is now a lot safer than most countries in the EU in terms of cases per inhabitant
Don't disagree but unfortunately there are too many knock on ramifications to go to Japan at the moment including self-quarantine requirements from my company if I visit a number of different countries including Japan. That plus many of our planned activities have been canceled or closed (Yamazaki tour canceled, Sumo tournament being held without fans, etc.) -- we'll go back for sure and I'll be counting on the excellent VS redemption to re-book down the line
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 2:51 pm

I still haven't received any part of my refund of taxes/fees but I did receive an email about a claim on my behalf. Will post an update when I get refunded
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:49 am

VFC Reward Flight on ANA - Mixed Cabin

I'm looking at booking some flights on ANA using my Virgin miles. I know that you can only book a return using this method, not a one-way. However is it permissible to book mixed cabins? Out in J, back in F etc.?

Many thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virg...points-64.html

Yes, any other questions can be answered in the main thread...
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:21 am

Ah, thanks, sorry I did do a search but obviously not well enough.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Billy Bandit
I still haven't received any part of my refund of taxes/fees but I did receive an email about a claim on my behalf. Will post an update when I get refunded
Feb 25 - I called and cancelled my award flight (on ANA from US to Japan). Miles showed up immediately.
Mar 2 - I received a 'Received Your Claim' email
March 10 (early AM) - I received a 'Refund Confirmation' email with an attachment showing me the taxes/fees to be refunded
March 12 (late PM) - The funds had posted on my Credit Card (same one I used when I booked the reservation)

I received the full amount of taxes/fees refunded. They did not charge me $50/person.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:20 am

JFK-NRT, BKK-JFK possible booking F thru Virgin Atlantic?

Looking to book an F award seat thru VA next year JFK - NRT and the return BKK - JFK.

Does anyone think it would be possible to book this route thru Virgin Atlantic?

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dean19
Looking to book an F award seat thru VA next year JFK - NRT and the return BKK - JFK.

Does anyone think it would be possible to book this route thru Virgin Atlantic?

Thanks!
No.

AFAIK you also need to book the TYO/BKK element as a return, not a one-way as part of an open jaw.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
If i book a return F fra-hnd-lhr AND mid trip need to change the date of HND-LHR is that allowed?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
If i book a return F fra-hnd-lhr AND mid trip need to change the date of HND-LHR is that allowed?
Yes, you can change the return flight even after flying the outbound.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 6:55 pm

Hello,

I was due to fly on 11th April from Frankfurt to Tokyo with ANA (booked with Virgin Flying club miles).

From looking at the ANA website, it appears this route has been cancelled, but I haven't received notice from Virgin / ANA as of yet.

Do Virgin/ANA have to offer alternative dates or can they provide a refund of points/tax?

Ideally, I would still like to travel in March 2021, but wanted to know if they do offer alternative dates, are these restricted to normal award availability?

Thanks,
Old Mar 20, 2020, 6:58 pm

Reward flights - ANA (Virgin Flying Club)

Hello,

I'm booked to fly from Frankfurt to Tokyo on 11th April 2019.

From looking on the ANA website, this route has been suspended but I have not received any notification from Virgin / ANA as of yet.

Do Virgin/ANA have to offer alternative dates or can they just refund the points/tax?

I would still like to travel in early April 2021, but wanted to know if they do offer alternative dates, are these restricted to normal award availability or is it more flexible in situations like this?

Thanks,

EDIT - I believe Virgin open up reward seats 331 days (14th Feb 2021) out compared with ANA being 355 days (10th Mar 2021) if that changes anything?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sbryans605
Hello,

I was due to fly on 11th April from Frankfurt to Tokyo with ANA (booked with Virgin Flying club miles).

From looking at the ANA website, it appears this route has been cancelled, but I haven't received notice from Virgin / ANA as of yet.

Do Virgin/ANA have to offer alternative dates or can they provide a refund of points/tax?

Ideally, I would still like to travel in March 2021, but wanted to know if they do offer alternative dates, are these restricted to normal award availability?

Thanks,
​​​​​​As your ticket is issued by Virgin, they should be the ones notifying you of the cancellation, they hold the ticket and are responsible for the communication and ticket management.

Certainly you can get a refund for a cancelled flight. If you try to rebook they are going to be looking for award availability as the cancellation is more than two weeks in advance.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​As your ticket is issued by Virgin, they should be the ones notifying you of the cancellation, they hold the ticket and are responsible for the communication and ticket management.

Certainly you can get a refund for a cancelled flight. If you try to rebook they are going to be looking for award availability as the cancellation is more than two weeks in advance.
Thank you, if they give less than two weeks notice, does that change things at all?

Or do they still only have to look at award availability? I'm trying to avoid the hassle of trying to find award seats again for travel in April 2021 (when they are released 331 days prior)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.