Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: geclub1
Flying Club Contact Info

USA +1 800 365 9500

SOUTH AFRICA +27 11 340 3535

HONG KONG +852 2532 6060 9 AM to 6 PM M-F 9 AM to 2 PM Sat

CHINA +86 21 5353 4600

INDIA +1-800-102-3000 ( Toll Free )
+91-124-4693030

CARIBBEAN +1 800 744 7477

Tips to Book Partner Awards:

Delta:

Check af.com for availability.

Virgin Australia:

One-way awards possible
Print Wikipost

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:55 am

Does anyone have any experience redeeming on MH? Is the reward chart return? Are one ways possible? Is it even possible to redeem on MH?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:39 pm
fMD

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in redeeming miles on Delta to TLV. I'm wondering:
Are there fuel surcharges on Delta? (I've read conflicting reports)
Are one way awards allowed?
The miles needed (80/120k) seems pretty good, is there a reason why people don't use this more often?

Sorry for the basic questions, and thanks in advance!
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
ANA award

First I checked there were award seats available for ANA flights on their website. I called FC in the UK to book the flights. I tried with 4 or 5 agents, and some agents manually sent requests to ANA but without success. I called FC in Tokyo, and it took them less than 10 minutes to book the flights UK agents said there was nothing available. I've done this several times. Tokyo agents said UK agents didn't know how to book ANA. What I know from Tokyo is award availability on ANA is mostly the same as ANA tool results. Call Tokyo if you want to book ANA award.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kats
First I checked there were award seats available for ANA flights on their website. I called FC in the UK to book the flights. I tried with 4 or 5 agents, and some agents manually sent requests to ANA but without success. I called FC in Tokyo, and it took them less than 10 minutes to book the flights UK agents said there was nothing available. I've done this several times. Tokyo agents said UK agents didn't know how to book ANA. What I know from Tokyo is award availability on ANA is mostly the same as ANA tool results. Call Tokyo if you want to book ANA award.
That's great news. May I ask what routing/destination you were looking at?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Concerning partner redemptions, there is a special offer in the current newsletter which I have just received by email. Cyprus Airways is offering Larnaca to London Heathrow and back for 20,000 miles 26 October to 11 December and 7 January to 28 March 2015, which seems not too bad although I can't remember what it was before. Click on the 'Spend Miles' button in the following link:

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en...ovember%202014

I had a sudden doubt when I saw the words "From Larnaca" in the 'Spend Miles' section, because I really wonder if it works the other way around (like it does with most frequent flyer programmes). Because if not, that could explain the difficulty some people have with these partner redemptions.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:29 am

I have booked DAL-SFO easily by calling - and I've also booked DAL-LAX - both first class seats with no problem. I am trying to book DAL-LGA - but that is a new route and not on the list. I will report back if I can find success in doing that. (All of these are virgin america bookings with virgin atlantic points)
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: A few, without status
BOM-UDR on Jet Airways

Had a very strange experience today. I checked on Jet Airways that the award tickets I was looking for from Mumbai to Udaipur and back were available.
Got excited and called up Virgin Atlantic in the UK. The agent was most helpful and took the passenger details and confirmed that the tickets were indeed available. However she was unable to find the mileage and fees/taxes for this sector in their chart. As a result even though she could confirm that seats are available, she could not book as the sector is not on their chart!

Do you think this could be the case, maybe it is not possible to redeem on Jet Airways domestic routes? Or should I try to call up Virgin Atlantic India customer services?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by porky73
That's great news. May I ask what routing/destination you were looking at?
I did two Japan domestic round trips and one First class HND-LHR-HND. Too bad Tokyo office will be closed in the end of JAN.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by dannyrado
Does anyone have any experience redeeming on MH? Is the reward chart return? Are one ways possible? Is it even possible to redeem on MH?
Yes.

Oneways not possible.

I did. 2 years ago. Before MH joined Oneworld.

I redeemed F from KUL-LHR/CDG-KUL for 160K miles.

Best use of VS miles ever.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:27 am

G'day,
Does anyone have any experience redeeming on ANZ (NZ-China)?
They state it's 80,000pts in business.
Cheers.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
I called US Flying Club last week, trying to book San Francisco to Boston on Virgin America in March.

After on hold for 25 minutes, finally got to a rep. After checking various days, was told the furthest availability is in early Feb and VA has not released seats beyond that. Rep told me to call back in 7-10 days, just as others have written here.

Is it easier to reach a person if I call the UK Flying club instead of US one? Plus the rep I talked to has very noisy background noise making the painful booking process even more painful.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
I think VS only has two call centres (in Swansea and Crawley) so whatever number you dial you'll be through to the same people.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:51 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
SQ redemption

Redeemed 2 tickets on SQ from SIN-DXB. Called the UK call center a couple of times and then then US one but no luck; the agents did not know what to do. ANA and Aeroplan showed availability on my dates. Then called the Tokyo office and I had a reservation in about 20 mins and ticketed in about 30 hours. Taxes of $289 per ticket.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by zakami
Redeemed 2 tickets on SQ from SIN-DXB.
What class and what type of aircraft?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
Since a lot of people are saying US and UK agents have no clue on booking various partners while Japan office is the best, what are we gonna do after the Japan office is closed next year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.