Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: geclub1
Flying Club Contact Info

USA +1 800 365 9500

SOUTH AFRICA +27 11 340 3535

HONG KONG +852 2532 6060 9 AM to 6 PM M-F 9 AM to 2 PM Sat

CHINA +86 21 5353 4600

INDIA +1-800-102-3000 ( Toll Free )
+91-124-4693030

CARIBBEAN +1 800 744 7477

Tips to Book Partner Awards:

Delta:

Check af.com for availability.

Virgin Australia:

One-way awards possible
Print Wikipost

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:24 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by AAPlatinum
Several weeks ago I found a low level roundtrip business class award on DL JFK-VCE-JFK by searching Delta.com. I rang VS and they found the same award and booked it for me in less than 10 mins. It was 100K VS miles and $47 in taxes. Had I used Skypesos it would have been 150K miles.
Nice ^
so at least it seems 'low' DL awards are available via VS
Old Feb 23, 2014, 6:31 pm

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Any idea what the rules on stopovers and open jaws are with DL redemptions?
Sorry, I don't. I do know that you have to book a roundtrip on DL, no one-ways permitted (unless you want to fly one-way and use the roundtrip miles).
Old Mar 4, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: AA Gold, VA Plat, A3 Gold, Hilton Diamond
Good to know. Hope this increases. When did this change happen?

Also surprising that there was no YQ.

I am not sure I think its only been the last few years you have been able to use VS miles for VA redemptions anyway.

Yep no YQ, also recently did a MEL-ADL one way around 9 days before on a busy weekend revenue price $300+ AUD, my price 8000 points plus around $10. So you can get some amazing value at least in Australia due to the generous availability.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 9:26 am

Hi everyone,
Have been a bit of a lurker on these boards Anyways, I just tried to book a Delta Airlines reward without any success. YYC->BOS (via MSP) with a 2 day stopover on the outbound flight. It all prices out for the lowest level 25000 miles on the Delta website. Called yesterday and the initial booking was held and miles were confirmed. Just called back now to pay for the booking and was told by the "Supervisor" that per VS rules, stopovers cal only be less that 24 hours and this booking will cost 50 000 miles.
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue with VS refusing to acknowledge Delta's free stopover rule. V. frustrating since I know from the agent yesterday that it actually prices out at 25000 miles. Really hate the arbitrary rule brigade at Flying Club.

-k
Old Mar 7, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I have a doubt if stopovers are allowed within one region. I would not expect to get such a stopover. However if you were going to Europe or some other region you might be able to.

I'm curious why you did not ticket the reservation when you called the first time?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 9:36 am

I have a doubt if stopovers are allowed within one region. I would not expect to get such a stopover. However if you were going to Europe or some other region you might be able to.

I'm curious why you did not ticket the reservation when you called the first time?
Have never been able to get them to ticket these partner rewards immediately, they frequently have to wait for Delta confirmation, check taxes or some other issue, so they asked me to ring back within 24 hours.

I know for a fact that Delta allows the one way stopover on Domestic rewards, just sounds to me that Virgin is applying its stopover rule to the Delta rewards (< 24 hours each way) which actually does not work out!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kayon
I know for a fact that Delta allows the one way stopover on Domestic rewards, just sounds to me that Virgin is applying its stopover rule to the Delta rewards (< 24 hours each way) which actually does not work out!
True, but that is one of the few good things about DL. Most airlines don't allow such stopovers. Won't be surprised if VS does not.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Anyone had any success with redemptions on Hawaiian Airlines?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cssaus
Anyone had any success with redemptions on Hawaiian Airlines?
Called in and was able to book return LAX to HNL for 40K points (and a handful of dollars - can't remember exactly how much, but it was not more than 20 usd) sometime in February. Didn't end up booking, since I called mostly out of curiosity.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthew...-ways-can-use/

Helpful if you're having trouble finding a redemption. Booking on Virgin america flights is pretty painless assuming you can hear the folks on the other end over the bustle in their call center.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by atomicc8
I am not sure I think its only been the last few years you have been able to use VS miles for VA redemptions anyway.

Yep no YQ, also recently did a MEL-ADL one way around 9 days before on a busy weekend revenue price $300+ AUD, my price 8000 points plus around $10. So you can get some amazing value at least in Australia due to the generous availability.
Is 8000 points + tax the cost of a short-haul award, or does it work also for longer domestic segments? I can't seem to find this info on the web site.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:52 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Is Virgin Australia the only partner you can redeem one way?

I see Jet calculates based on one way mileage but presume it is for a return ticket?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:05 am

Recently redeemed VS miles on Hawaiian for return flight from SYD-HNL and HNL-OGG.

For the SYD-HNL redemption, called up HA and for $100 each way I was able to obtain an "extra-comfort" seat in economy.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cssaus
Recently redeemed VS miles on Hawaiian for return flight from SYD-HNL and HNL-OGG.

For the SYD-HNL redemption, called up HA and for $100 each way I was able to obtain an "extra-comfort" seat in economy.
Was it difficult to do it? Did you check availability anywhere, if so where?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:08 pm

Was it difficult to do it? Did you check availability anywhere, if so where?
Firstly, I was booking for next February and for HA partner awards there aren't any tools to check availability.

I just rang the VS Flying Club number told them the flights I wanted and they checked the availability and confirmed the bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.