Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Virgin America Credit Card available for "pre-order"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin America Credit Card available for "pre-order"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:48 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Not to bring up perhaps a dead issue, but I'm growing to suspect that I too made a mistake with getting the Virgin America CC offered via Barclay Bank of DE.

I recently applied and was accepted to have this card after reactivating my VA account after a 2 year lapse. I declined the Bank's offer to have the CC expedited to me for $30 and waited almost 2 weeks before it arrived.

In the interrim, I began searching the Internet about Barclay Bank at some point. I was surprised to see the number of customer service complaints logged even with the BBB for this company. I began to suspect that I was being "punished" for not accepting their expediting services for the wait time to received my card.

Finally, I got it and was shocked to see the interest rate! Well above my other excellent credit cards APR% rates I have minimal balances on as well as a very good credit history.

I got my CC almost 2 weeks ago and logged my first "complaint" with them today after noting that they are giving me 1 point per $2 spent despite the offer I applied for which offered 1 point per $1 spent. Let's see how this drama unfolds after being placed on hold for approximatedly 10 minutes while the customer service agent I spoke with "investigate" things. But during various moments of the hold time she keep attempting to pressure me into accepting their credit protection services for $12/month! Whatever...

Let's see how soon they get back to me within the promised 48 hours of me logging my complaint.

Stay Tuned!

Last edited by Zacnlinc; Oct 20, 2011 at 12:56 am Reason: clarity
Old Oct 23, 2011, 4:35 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
Barclaycard US' customer service is atrocious. I accidently exceeded my credit line by about $5 a few years ago, an opportunity they used to jack my interest rate up to 24.99% (pre- CARD Act).

Needless to say I don't carry a balance or frankly the use the card very often.

Multiple letters about the interest rate issue were completely ignored.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 6:28 pm

Update:

Barclay says that I received their VA card that only allows me 1 point for every $2. After being an established customer I may qualify for the card that will allow me to earn 1 point for each $1 spent.... Yeah right!!!

@ Sydneysider: I've read on other forums that those that there were badmouthing Barclay's when they too experience a rate hikes after they began paying the balance off each month as well. Then they discovered that Barclay began reducing their credit limit. Seems as though the Bank got "mad" that they weren't getting those monthly fees they were eyeing... LOL

Last edited by Zacnlinc; Dec 16, 2011 at 7:54 pm Reason: clarity
Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Barclays just unilaterally closed my account due to inactivity, with no prior warning. The letter stated that it was "in our mutual best interest". I know such moves by card issuers are always possible, but still...
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:49 pm

Thumbs down

Okay.. It's official.. I've logged a complaint with the BBB in Delaware as well as with VX about Barclay Bank regarding the BS I've endured as a 2nd month member of their Virgin America Visa card program... (see previous post about the bait and switch game they passed on to me regarding not getting 2 Elevate pts for each $1 spent on their Visa but instead 1 pt for each $2 spent!!!)

Anyway....

Today, I discovered at the closure of my 2nd month with Barclay that my reportedly 15 months of having 0% finance charges ends yesterday at the close of my 2nd month of being a member of their services... Whatever...

Upon seeing a finance charge today I sent an email to their customer service dept and was surprised to get a reply within 2 hours of sending it. The details of the reply just added more fuel to the flames...

Apparently, the offer I received, 0% finance charges for the next 15 billing cycles of being a new member with them as a VX customer, ended at the end of my 2nd month with them!! Yupe! I got a finance charge today!! I've reviewed all my documents I've received from Barclay Bank and can't find any details regaring my promo ending yesterday as they proclaim was stated in my documents upon accepting the cars and its terms.

So, now that I'm not getting 2 Elevate points for each $1 spent on this Visa, I'm having to pay finance charges for their less than "ideal interest rate they've offered" to me as an ideal customer... Right, go pound sand Barclay!!!

Email sent to VX also to suggest that they reconsider their relationship with Barclay Bank. Would suggest that a newbie Barclay wanna be just search the Net for complaints on this bank and be warned not to deal with them...

Cheers!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.