FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin America Credit Card available for "pre-order"
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:49 pm
Zacnlinc

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Thumbs down

Okay.. It's official.. I've logged a complaint with the BBB in Delaware as well as with VX about Barclay Bank regarding the BS I've endured as a 2nd month member of their Virgin America Visa card program... (see previous post about the bait and switch game they passed on to me regarding not getting 2 Elevate pts for each $1 spent on their Visa but instead 1 pt for each $2 spent!!!)

Anyway....

Today, I discovered at the closure of my 2nd month with Barclay that my reportedly 15 months of having 0% finance charges ends yesterday at the close of my 2nd month of being a member of their services... Whatever...

Upon seeing a finance charge today I sent an email to their customer service dept and was surprised to get a reply within 2 hours of sending it. The details of the reply just added more fuel to the flames...

Apparently, the offer I received, 0% finance charges for the next 15 billing cycles of being a new member with them as a VX customer, ended at the end of my 2nd month with them!! Yupe! I got a finance charge today!! I've reviewed all my documents I've received from Barclay Bank and can't find any details regaring my promo ending yesterday as they proclaim was stated in my documents upon accepting the cars and its terms.

So, now that I'm not getting 2 Elevate points for each $1 spent on this Visa, I'm having to pay finance charges for their less than "ideal interest rate they've offered" to me as an ideal customer... Right, go pound sand Barclay!!!

Email sent to VX also to suggest that they reconsider their relationship with Barclay Bank. Would suggest that a newbie Barclay wanna be just search the Net for complaints on this bank and be warned not to deal with them...

Cheers!!!