Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Website Woes - Agent Can't even cancel the flight...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:43 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

I had a flight booked before the transfer to the new system. Post transfer, it won't show up in my elevate profile, but if I search by PNR number it shows up.

I had a change of plans and needed to cancel. Tried website today, and of course it won't work.

Tried calling in, and I get the "We are too busy to take your call," automatically disconnected response.

Tried twitter, and they said they would cancel and have an agent call me tonight to confirm... The agent calls, and she can't even cancel the flight! She puts me on hold for 35 minutes and I just wait while she tries to fix it. I finally hung up after 35 minutes... Not worth my time. The agent called back a few minutes with an apology and a $25 voucher... oh brother...
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:56 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Talking Tranquilizer please

I called tonight and my experience was dreadful after 30 plus minutes on hold for someone to pick up.
At that point after some attitude I had it and wanted to cancel a fully refundable full fare ticket not book more Virgin America tickets.
The agent stuck me on hold and said she had no idea if a full fare Main Cabin Select ticket is fully refundable
She also stated and I quote .You are overwhelming me with your request if you want a refund you will have to give me time to figure out what to do

She put me on hold for another 30 minutes coming back to tell me full fare tickets are fully refundable
Beyond stupid.Who trains these folks?
Would you really want to pay a 20 dollar agent ticketing fee with an airline that has incompetent team members?

Yes I have seen worse in my lifetime however not from a carrier I once deeply respected and thought could be game changer for both customer service and professionalism.Booked my next 6 flights elsewhere.
As much as I am not a fan of United I can get an idiot who can do better than that and if I have to make the most basic of common reservation changes.
I am not held hostage.The upside? This Vigin America agent has a future career at Delta Airlines
Perhaps back to a travel agent in the future
End of rant !Mission accomplished blood pressure back
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:04 am

Programs: Enough to travel better
My deepest sympathies...

From an incident two weeks ago, it took 2 hours to cancel a reservation over the phone that I previously made online, thinking I was charged $241.70 when the actual charge was $425. I assume the reason why it took a VX agent 30 minutes to go check something over the phone and then another 30 minutes again was that the VX agent was dealing with requests where each request had to be approved/denied by the VX agent's supervisor. The VX agent on the phone has no ability to solve those problems on his/her own.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:40 pm

Thumbs down More site woes

The site continues to have issues.

For example, 3 or 4 times over the past couple of days, I've experienced this sequence of events:
  • Search for a route and date (transcon, just after Christmas)
  • See a decent fare (e.g. $399 for an "instant upgrade to Main Cabin Select")
  • Select that fare/flight and proceed to booking page
  • Insert personal information
  • Get "We're very sorry but we seem to have encountered an error." message, then am clumsily dumped back to the home page.
  • Conduct the same search immediately and see - for same date and flight - a $600 fare for Main Cabin, "unavailable" for Main Cabin Select (at any price) - even while the seat map shows several open MCS seats.
What a mess.

Last edited by Maine2LA; Dec 16, 2011 at 10:18 pm
Old Dec 17, 2011, 2:33 pm

Although I find it amazing that after almost 2 whole months the computer system is still half-implemented and often broken, I've had only good experiences with the VX call center agents the 3 times I've had to call to get something accomplished with my tickets. They've politely, helpfully and efficiently made the desired changes once I got through after 3 to 15 minute phone waits.

Regarding the computer system, it's gotten so bad that my expectations for the computer system are now only that it will let me buy a ticket, and that changing, upgrading, cancelling or anything else (especially Elevate related) will require a call.

I'm shocked that (a) the CEO hasn't yet been fired and (b) that they haven't reverted to the old system to give them time to properly build a new system, and stop the bleeding of this fiasco!
Old Dec 17, 2011, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mondoman
I'm shocked that (a) the CEO hasn't yet been fired and (b) that they haven't reverted to the old system to give them time to properly build a new system, and stop the bleeding of this fiasco!
I don't think at this point that would help. There's now 2 months worth of new information that would have to be converted BACK to the old system.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:13 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Anyone else getting two different point balances
when they check their account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.