Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Virgin America Credit Card available for "pre-order"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin America Credit Card available for "pre-order"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2008, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

I got my first (online) statement, and everything appears to work. I received the 3500 point bonus, plus 3x all of my VX purchases.

It also seems like the points may have already shown up on virginamerica.com, but I cannot confirm that because when I try to get a points history, it says I have no points. The total looks right, though...

Anyone else have this issue? I wonder if it's related to the card points being transferred?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 8:26 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
off topic but boy I'm glad I have my VX card handy when in LA and SF on this trip... NOBODY would take my JetBlue AMEX!

plus if my job disappears in the near future so will my amex card... I was so impressed with my first VX flight that I will definitely fly them more in the future!

--Russ
Old Dec 2, 2008, 8:27 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Free One-Way Flight?

So when is one supposed to receive the free one-way flight? Is it a coupon that they send or will it somehow show up electronically in our elevate account? I have had my first statement points as well as the bonus points post to my elevate account.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:47 am

its interesting how elevate points post before you even pay your bill...
Old Dec 2, 2008, 4:40 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
I, too, thought it was ironic that the points posted before I paid the bill. But, I'm still confused on how we receive this one-way flight voucher.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by ZbadhabitZ
I, too, thought it was ironic that the points posted before I paid the bill. But, I'm still confused on how we receive this one-way flight voucher.
I'm not in a rush to get it, so long as I get it!

And I hope its not going to expire within a short period of time from the date of issue.

--Russ
Old Dec 2, 2008, 9:15 pm

May

I, too, I'm wondering when/how we'll get our free 1-way ticket. I remember when I signed up that it was good for travel into May, not sure about the exact date within May though.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by SF1K
So when is one supposed to receive the free one-way flight? Is it a coupon that they send or will it somehow show up electronically in our elevate account? I have had my first statement points as well as the bonus points post to my elevate account.
It's a promo code good for a one-way flight, valid for travel through May 20. I'd expect since the offer is good for card use through the end of January, they'll start to issue them after the second cycle (end of Dec/beginning of Jan), but I don't know anything for sure. Don't know if it will be electronic or paper.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 9:13 am

Just finished a call with Barclay's. The phone rep had no clue about the free one-way ticket voucher. She kept associated the 3500 points bonus with the free one-way ticket and wanted to transfer me to Virgin to redeem this.

Is the voucher being issued by VX or the bank?
Old Dec 3, 2008, 9:18 am

For others concerned the points may not credit correctly: I received the original card without FF# on it. Called, and they added the number. Then I made first purchase. The 3,500 points posted with no problems after the 1st billing cycle cut. Today I received a new card with FF# on it.

Now...about that free one-way ticket....
Old Dec 3, 2008, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikensf74
Just finished a call with Barclay's. The phone rep had no clue about the free one-way ticket voucher. She kept associated the 3500 points bonus with the free one-way ticket and wanted to transfer me to Virgin to redeem this.

Is the voucher being issued by VX or the bank?
VX, from what the bank told me when I applied.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
VX will be notified of users who are eligible for the free flight promo code. Since the terms call for the user to complete a purchase by a specific date and then that charge has to appear on the user's bill, there is a 4-6 week lead time AFTER the charge appears on your bill, before you'll get the code. The code will come via email from VX not Barclays. First codes should start appearing in the next couple of weeks, based on billing cycle dates.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:26 am

whoever gets their code first, please let the rest of us know... thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2008, 1:42 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MP, JetBlue TrueBlue, Virgin America eleVate, Starwood Preferred Guest Gold
Sharing

Originally Posted by JerseyVics
sweet!

signed up... if I get it I'd be able to use it at all the places that don't take my JetBlue AMEX.

--Russ
You and I share the same logic. I just received mine in the mail!
Old Dec 17, 2008, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Got my free flight via e-mail, just now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.