Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Virgin America Credit Card available for "pre-order"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin America Credit Card available for "pre-order"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2008, 5:04 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
I see what you mean now... I was under the impression that perhaps you wanted the 3500 + 1000 bonus for pre-registering, but you meant 3500 includes it.

--Russ
Old Oct 20, 2008, 5:45 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
I, too, wonder why, even after Pre-Registering, I haven't gotten any e-mail or indication that the card is available for application
Old Oct 22, 2008, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by aviators99
Well, it seems like it's pseudo-available. The URL posted in this thread by 21A is from a pamphlet at the airport. In the online application it asks for a "location code" that is printed on the pamphlet. I left it blank and it processed fine.

In addition, there was a toll-free number for account info/application status on the web page result screen, so I called it last night. It gave me my credit line, etc (the same as what the web site told me). When I called it again this morning to ask a question, I got a recording that said something like, "You have reached a number that has been reserved for future use by customer service by Barclays US."
have you heard anything from VX or Barclays about your application?

I'm thinking of applying without waiting for the official announcement.

--Russ
Old Oct 22, 2008, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JerseyVics
have you heard anything from VX or Barclays about your application?

I'm thinking of applying without waiting for the official announcement.

--Russ
Yes, they (Barclays) said the card would be mailed out yesterday. I did not opt for the overnight delivery ($29.99) because someone would need to be there to sign for it. I probably won't have the physical card until a week from Friday, which is the next time I'll get my mail at home in Florida.

--Ron
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:03 am

Re-reading OP text, it seems like the original offer, for those who pre-registered, included an additional 1,000 points AND a free one-way ticket.

Are the paper apps being handed out offering the free trip also?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:04 am
21A

Originally Posted by mikensf74
Are the paper apps being handed out offering the free trip also?
Yes, the vx01 link also includes the one-way no-blackouts flight code.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by 21A
A bit of poking turns up the 3500-point bonus link:
http://virginamericacreditcard.com/a...y/lp/25692.jsp

I may still wait on this one until the official launch date - I'd hate to have the bonus denied on a technicality...
Hi 21A. Thanks for this linkie. But, I see this as different from the original offer http://virginamerica.com/creditcard/ where according to the terms, 3500 points for 1st use of the card (purchase or balance transfer) AND an additional one-way free ticket for 1st use of card (purchase only).

In the link above, it seems to indicate the 3500 points and free trip are one in the same.

What am I missing?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:13 am

OK,sorry looking more carefully. They have moved some of the wording around, but it seems like one would receive both perks.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:59 am

I've applied and got approved for $10,000 revolving balance, whatever that means.

I ended up not doing a balance transfer... while 0% APR is nice, the $50 fee for transfering $2,500 is more than I'd like to spend at this time.

Looking forward to the free flight and the $3,500 bonus after my first purchase, maybe it'll be made aboard a VX flight on my LAX-SFO trip, who knows.

But this card will definitely replace my other Visa/Discover cards I've been using at places that don't take AMEX.

--Russ
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JerseyVics
Looking forward to the free flight and the $3,500 bonus after my first purchase, maybe it'll be made aboard a VX flight on my LAX-SFO trip, who knows.
--Russ
Don't waste it on a $60 ticket!
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:18 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by aviators99
Don't waste it on a $60 ticket!
heh... the $59 ticket I have already booked separately, but I'll need to fly JFK-SFO again in February and am hoping to use this free one way.

I meant I could make a first purchase on a VX card during my first VX flight.

btw... I didn't notice the location code on my application, I called in to ask a question about the balance transfer and the customer service rep insisted I apply over the phone with her... several times! and like was mentioned previously there was no place to enter my elevate number, although with the same name, address and e-mail I'm sure they could figure it out.

--Russ
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:07 am

Minimum Finance Charge?

What does this mean:

Minimum Finance Charge $1.00 / For Residents of Iowa $0.50

Does this mean that every month I'm charged at least a $1 (making the annual fee $12 in reality?), or does this mean that if there is a finance charge of less than $1, it gets rounded up to $1?
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:24 am
21A

Originally Posted by Phamer55
Does this mean that every month I'm charged at least a $1 (making the annual fee $12 in reality?), or does this mean that if there is a finance charge of less than $1, it gets rounded up to $1?
That means that if any finance charge does apply on a revolving balance (a very small revolving balance, I guess), then it would be rounded up to $1.

If you have no revolving balance (pay in full), there's no finance charge.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 5:54 pm

just got an e-mail invitation to sign up for the actual card.

the on screen instructions are the same that I had already used to sign up.

thanks 21A for your detective skillz!

--Russ
Old Oct 27, 2008, 8:05 pm
21A

I just got two e-mails - one for pre-registering (with the same 3500-point link we dug up before, http://virginamericacreditcard.com/a...y/lp/25692.jsp), and presumably the other just for being an Elevate member, which goes to http://virginamericacreditcard.com/a...y/lp/25683.jsp - different offer number but looks like the basic 2500-point offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.