Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Virgin America Credit Card available for "pre-order"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin America Credit Card available for "pre-order"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
You best call and make sure your number gets added before you begin incurring charges and have a billing cycle close. It could add a lot of frustration if you don't.
Agree with SFO 1K. A quick call to Barclays and providing EleVAte number before making your qualifying charge seems to be the least difficult way to ensure your account is properly credited.

Made my call... took 2 minutes... made the 1st purchase today... will await the points.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Got mine today (probably came last Saturday), and it has my FF#.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 1:32 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
Having never had a Visa Signature card before, does anyone know the length in which the billing statement lasts? For example, my Amex billing period is almost exactly one month (usually the 27th of the previous month to the 26th of the current month), and the bill is usually due by the 9th of the month after that.

Anyone know how long the Visa Signature billing period lasts, and the length of time available to pay the bill before the due date? Just want to have everything in order for the first payment!
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

For those others who have the card:

When I login to my account on the website, there is something called: "My Rewards". The number seems to have no correlation to the amount I've spent, or elevate points. Anyone have any idea where it comes from?
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
So far I've only done a balance transfer, and it shows my 2500 points for getting the card. I made a purchase last night, so I'll track it's progress when it posts.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

So far I've only done a balance transfer, and it shows my 2500 points for getting the card. I made a purchase last night, so I'll track it's progress when it posts.
Are you saying it shows your 2500 points on the VX site, or the Barclays site?
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:58 pm

Barclays. No way it would xfer to VX already - you have to wait for billing cycles for that to happen.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Barclays. No way it would xfer to VX already - you have to wait for billing cycles for that to happen.
It's showing it under the "My Rewards" heading? For me it shows some fraction of what I've spent, and that's it.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 1:53 pm

You have PM - please review it.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 6:35 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by aviators99
It's showing it under the "My Rewards" heading? For me it shows some fraction of what I've spent, and that's it.
same here
Old Nov 14, 2008, 6:43 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by JerseyVics
same here
"My Rewards" number so far is a few dollars over my actual spending, so I'm assuming it is dollar for dollar equal to that... but none of the bonus stuff posted yet... no 3,500 or free flight offer yet. (which I understand will be mailed separately as a voucher)
Old Nov 15, 2008, 9:53 am

expiration?

I have seen it alluded to, but could someone please clarify pt expiration under eLevate? I am currently in STL for another 2.5 years, but then I hope to return to SF where I would use VX. If pts dont expire, then I will go ahead and get this card and hoard for a couple years, but if they do, then it won't make sense for me.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 10:42 am

Programs: VX, UA 2P
Originally Posted by onfo
I have seen it alluded to, but could someone please clarify pt expiration under eLevate? I am currently in STL for another 2.5 years, but then I hope to return to SF where I would use VX. If pts dont expire, then I will go ahead and get this card and hoard for a couple years, but if they do, then it won't make sense for me.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Unfortunately elevate points expire 18 months after they are earned. I really hope they change it sometime soon.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Anyone know if an additional cardholder gets their own elevate bonus and free flight?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aviators99
Anyone know if an additional cardholder gets their own elevate bonus and free flight?
To answer my own question: No

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.