Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Using US Dividend Miles for NON-Oneworld Award Flights

Non-Oneworld Partner Award Chart: Here is the award chart for non-Oneworld partner award tickets using US Dividend Miles (PDF): Dividend Miles Partner Award Chart

Non OneWorld partners of US:

• HA - Hawaiian Airlines (inter-island and South Pacific flights only)
  • 9W - Jet Airways

--> Flights of these airlines can only be combined with US flights.
--> NO combination between these airlines and any AA flights or flights of OW partners!

Previous Non OneWorld carriers - not bookable anymore!
Print Wikipost

US Miles for NON-Oneworld Awards - NOW CLOSED TO NEW BOOKINGS [Master Help Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Apparently they think it's the AV forum and need sekrit coad wurds.
I think C1 is america... but without dates or a departure city (to look for connections) it is a bit of a monumental task!
Old May 28, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Sorry. Going from southeast US, but have searched ORD, IAD, and IAH on TK in J with no luck. Dates are flexible, anytime in 2015. Just curious if there's a better way to search than bouncing from UA.com for TK and SA space and US.com to find the connecting flights on each end.
Old May 29, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DavidAL
Sorry. Going from southeast US, but have searched ORD, IAD, and IAH on TK in J with no luck. Dates are flexible, anytime in 2015. Just curious if there's a better way to search than bouncing from UA.com for TK and SA space and US.com to find the connecting flights on each end.
the key will be the long haul sectors, United is as good as any for that, bearing in mind award availability will only be 330 days out or something. So perhaps look as far out as you can for best availability?

Once you have the long-hauls, when you call USDM to book they should be able to find you the domestic connectors fairly easily (based on availability).
Old May 29, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Has anyone had any problems booking a mix of non-OW carriers (like TK connecting to SA)?
Old May 29, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Yes, I had.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:16 pm

my sister is the latest victim in the air china cancel problem. I can see seats on UA but USAIR can't see and she is now stuck in shanghai as the supervisor cancelled a flight that they and rescheduled her on and left her stranded in shanghai.
I asked could she request the seat she said yes to call back in 24 hrs I then went in to check the flight and it was not even in there as a request . when I called they said no she is leaving the ticket in shanghai.
one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.
oh yes they can cancel the whole thing .
not much good with 3 weeks before biz class europe trip.

Last edited by tinkybelle; Jun 3, 2014 at 6:29 pm Reason: sorry ipad problem! re wrote the post sorry
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
my sister is the latest victim in the air china cancel problem. I can see seats on UA but UAIr can't see and she is now stuck in shanghai as the supervisor cancelled a flight that they and rescheduled her on and left her stranded in shanghai.
I asked could she request the eat she said yes to call back in 24 hrs i then went in to check the flight and it was even in there as a request . when ic allied they said no she is leaving the ticket in shanghai.
one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.
oh yes they can cancel the whole thing .
not much good with 3 weeks before biz class europe trip.
Your post is difficult to read and I don't quite get it...but as far as I know the 'air china cancel' problem applies only to UA Mileage Plus bookings and relies on the fact these can be cancelled online. Clearly that doesn't apply to USDM bookings. Or are you saying your sister was originally ticketed by UA and you are trying to find a replacement with USDM?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Your post is difficult to read and I don't quite get it...but as far as I know the 'air china cancel' problem applies only to UA Mileage Plus bookings and relies on the fact these can be cancelled online. Clearly that doesn't apply to USDM bookings. Or are you saying your sister was originally ticketed by UA and you are trying to find a replacement with USDM?
Oh sorry I did not realise that!
I just remember there was an air china problem some time ago as a heading on FT.I checked their booking at the time and it seemed ok till yesterday.
yes we booked with USDM in feb and they just cancelled a flight and re booked them 36 hrs later then when I called to get it fixed they cancelled the flight AC had re booked and left them in shanghai.
trying to sort it now.
air china have been helpful.
seems one has to go to the airline concerned as US arent really interested which I have been reading.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
Oh sorry I did not realise that!
I just remember there was an air china problem some time ago as a heading on FT.I checked their booking at the time and it seemed ok till yesterday.
yes we booked with USDM in feb and they just cancelled a flight and re booked them 36 hrs later then when I called to get it fixed they cancelled the flight AC had re booked and left them in shanghai.
trying to sort it now.
air china have been helpful.
seems one has to go to the airline concerned as US arent really interested which I have been reading.
OK, so a schedule change issue. I've had the same happen to me last week. My CA flight from MEL-PVG has been moved by 24 hours as the originally booked date is now no longer operating (seem to have gone from 5 to 4 weekly). It has cut my time in PVG from 72 hours to 48 hours whereas I would've made it 96 hours if given the option - even though that means I'd need a visa. Perhaps I could ask CA to sneakily change it to the previous day instead and just get US to reissue? I don't really want to draw US's attention to the ticket as it's a bit of a South Pacific 'special'!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
OK, so a schedule change issue. I've had the same happen to me last week. My CA flight from MEL-PVG has been moved by 24 hours as the originally booked date is now no longer operating (seem to have gone from 5 to 4 weekly). It has cut my time in PVG from 72 hours to 48 hours whereas I would've made it 96 hours if given the option - even though that means I'd need a visa. Perhaps I could ask CA to sneakily change it to the previous day instead and just get US to reissue? I don't really want to draw US's attention to the ticket as it's a bit of a South Pacific 'special'!
Air China in Melbourne is quite helpful - but i don't see how they can change it without at least a revalidation which would need to be done by USDM? Unless you're really lucky and USDM sends you a 'click here' to accept changes.

but the risk is that if the flight doesn't get revalidated it could get cancelled at the 72 hour window?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 7:57 am

Looking for a J award on TK to IST before 7/31 when US wont work with TK from IAD and I am using the United site to look stuff up and there is absolutely nothing. Is this typical where TK J awards ex USA are next to non existant?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 8:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Looking for a J award on TK to IST before 7/31 when US wont work with TK from IAD and I am using the United site to look stuff up and there is absolutely nothing. Is this typical where TK J awards ex USA are next to non existant?
Yup. TK is pretty stingy with ex-USA space.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
What TK North American gateways have you tried other than IAD?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:54 pm

Do anyone know how stop overs work for the non-oneworld airlines? Can you do a stop over at bangkok? I know Thai is not there anymore but what options are available? Is it restricted to the airline hub? For example Singapore Air only in singapore and turkish air only in Turkey?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:07 pm
AHO

Originally Posted by rsydney
Do anyone know how stop overs work for the non-oneworld airlines? Can you do a stop over at bangkok? I know Thai is not there anymore but what options are available? Is it restricted to the airline hub? For example Singapore Air only in singapore and turkish air only in Turkey?
Yes, it was the case with my award booking with Turkish Airlines. (booked in May 2014)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.